Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMartavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers

Go down 
+12
Stella Nation
Fire Arians
LambertWardSteel
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Shalieve5090
Hawaii 5-0
Wallace108
effyou515
schillah
jak341
Master_Of_Puppets
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 4:56 pm

Despite what Bryant is saying Ed Bouchette is reporting PPG has confirmed he did ask for trade:

Quote :
While Bryant denied on Monday that he requested a trade, either he or his representatives or some combination did just that two weeks ago, the Post-Gazette has confirmed. The trade request was first reported Sunday evening by Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/16/martavis-bryant-trade-request-Ben-Roethlisberger-Antonio-Brown-JuJu-Smith-Schuster-Chiefs/stories/201710160183
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Bryant: 'Everything is good'

Crushing rumors: The atmosphere in the Steelers locker room on Monday afternoon was exactly what it should be coming off a big win over the Kansas City Chiefs.

Guys were joking around, laughing, and some even grabbed ‘courtside seats’ to watch a competitive game of ‘trash can’ basketball.

There was no drama, no distractions, despite the best attempt of some who tried to stir things up via Twitter with a ‘report’ from ‘sources’ that Martavis Bryant has asked for a trade. And yes, it came from the same individual who said Ben Roethlisberger was going to ask for a trade back in 2013.

“No, I am good to go,” said Bryant when directly asked if he requested a trade. “I clarified it last night on my Twitter. I am happy to be here. As far as me getting traded, I would like to get traded to the (Golden State) Warriors.

“Everything is good. I am going to keep on moving and just get better for this week.”

His teammates chimed in too, ready to talk trade in a fun, good-natured way. Basketball trade that is.

“I thought he was talking about getting traded to the (Cleveland) Cavs,” said Ramon Foster. “I thought he wanted to switch sports. I thought he was talking about basketball.

“We are not going to feed into it any more. It’s over. We crushed that. That is done. He cleared it up. We are good.”

The report of the trade request came while the team was flying back from Kansas City, and just like everyone else, they got alerts about it too.

“We all died laughing,” said Pouncey, who joked he was being traded to the Dolphin for his twin brother Mike Pouncey. “We thought it was funny.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/Bryant-Everything-is-good/cfbf9f5c-191b-405f-b861-f2a65e08c45c

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Roethlisberger takes a shot at Rapoport Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 1:20 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Roethlisberger takes a shot at Rapoport Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

Quote :
Roethlisberger said. “Sometimes things come from agents, because they want what they think is best for the player and dont realize that it ends up hurting the player. I don’t know exactly what happened here but I do know that Martavis, there hasn’t been any inklings of unhappiness. It’s unnecessary drama.

We can trust Ben on this, he's been a source of unnecessary drama several times during his career Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1664291743

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Tomlin said he didn't know where it came from but sometimes from family or agents. Maybe it was one of those things where like a guy comes home from the office frustrated, spouts off to family, but in an NFL players case the media vultures jump all over any shred like this. Maybe for Bryant he was just frustrated after a game with a bad day at the office.

I hope this is a wake up call to Bryant and he goes onto the field proving he wants to be in Pittsburgh.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Based on his girlfriend's comments, I think the report is accurate. And what we're seeing now is damage control since the Steelers have no interest in trading him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 17, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm getting pretty sick of the distractions. These guys claim they want to get #7, then shut the hell up and play ball. Honor Mr. Rooney by being professionals instead of divas.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Based on his girlfriend's comments, I think the report is accurate. And what we're seeing now is damage control since the Steelers have no interest in trading him.

^^

Rapoport isn't the only one who reported the trade quest.

Biggest problem of this team is that our most important offensive playmakers aren't the smartest kids off the field and they all are selfish too, hence all the distractions.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 6:09 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

^^

Rapoport isn't the only one who reported the trade quest.

Biggest problem of this team is that our most important offensive playmakers aren't the smartest kids off the field and they all are selfish too, hence all the distractions.

That's where Tomlin needs to put his foot down and stop the tomfoolery. These are young men getting paid to do a job, they need to do that job the way that they're supposed to do and stay on task instead of partaking in all of the distracting behaviors. Maybe he should give one of them the Rashard Mendenhall treatment when they decide to hop on social media and make stupid comments...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 8:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
yup...she was most likely parroting a rant that came from his mouth after a game.
this is his last year to have a big break out year before he starts looking for a new contract.  he ain't going to have the leverage to  get those big contract numbers he wants when he's averaging 2 catches a game because Ben only has eyes for antonio...dude wants the contract antonio has and so does his girl friend ... Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

he lost 1.2 mill last year of his 2.6 mill 4 year contract so he has only made 1.4 mill in his career thus far. hardly enough to keep a ho satisfied. Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 18, 2017 11:12 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
yup...she was most likely parroting a rant that came from his mouth after a game.
this is his last year to have a big break out year before he starts looking for a new contract.  he ain't going to have the leverage to  get those big contract numbers he wants when he's averaging 2 catches a game because Ben only has eyes for antonio...dude wants the contract antonio has and so does his girl friend ... Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1797695198

he lost 1.2 mill last year of his 2.6 mill 4 year contract so he has only made 1.4 mill in his career thus far.  hardly enough to keep a ho satisfied. Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 2087824411

lol agreed. Guys like him never seem to realize that more production/less complaining=more money. He's in a position now where he has little bargaining power. Maybe he should be traded to Indy or Cleveland and see how well he does in losing franchises with those QBs throwing to him.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 12:11 am

Guess MB needs to work harder to win more playing time over Ju Ju Schuster-Smith or he can file a grievance against the NFL for more playing time. Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 2087824411

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 am

effyou515 wrote:
Guess MB needs to work harder to win more playing time over Ju Ju Schuster-Smith or he can file a grievance against the NFL for more playing time.  Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 2087824411

Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1549491426 Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 3562723908 Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1664291743 Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1549491426 Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 3562723908 Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 1664291743

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 19, 2017 2:39 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Guess MB needs to work harder to win more playing time over Ju Ju Schuster-Smith or he can file a grievance against the NFL for more playing time.  Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 2087824411

that...or he could beat up a water cooler on the sideline ...it certainly got brown more balls his way this week Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 2087824411

on a serious note , i think MB has been putting in the effort. he certainly wasn't slacking in the blocking department. sure he's dropped a few balls but that was to be expected after being away from the game as long as he was.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 21, 2017 2:21 pm

This is what happens when you draft kids with questionable character. The sheer audacity of the young man asking for a trade after 2 suspensions is simply unreal.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 pm

Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 DM3NKniW0AAzCvl
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:04 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

I take this as a shred of good news after the debacle yesterday. If they sign Bell, or he doesn't retire if they franchise him, the offense should be a force again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers   Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Martavis Bryant requested trade from Steelers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2