Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant

Go down 
+13
effyou515
Crash
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
LambertWardSteel
Master_Of_Puppets
Lokki
Hawaii 5-0
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Bays
Steeler-in-west
JPPT1974
Wallace108
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Better them than us.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 pm

It always sort of felt like he'd end up back here. Incredible for someone to waste the talent he has. Steelers got out just in time and possibly their QB of the future.

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2018 11:36 pm

Ron Cook: As Martavis Bryant's saga gets sadder, the Steelers' decision looks smarter

Let's hope the receiver doesn't waste his immense talent

RON COOK
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JUN 15, 2018

I thought Jamie Dixon was a bad hire. He became the winningest basketball coach in Pitt history. I said Jim Rutherford was too old and too washed up for the Penguins. He built consecutive Stanley Cup winners and is headed to the Hall of Fame.

I wrote the Pirates wouldn’t win again in my lifetime. They beat the Cincinnati Reds in a wild-card playoff game on one of the most spectacular nights in Pittsburgh sports history. I called Hines Ward a singles hitter and said Antonio Brown wasn’t worth the really big money. Ward was Super Bowl XL MVP, and Brown has become the greatest receiver in Steelers history.

You get the idea.

I’ve been wrong a million times over the years.

Martavis Bryant makes it a million and one.

I’m the dummy who said the Steelers made a bad decision by trading Bryant to the Oakland Raiders for a third-round pick in the April draft. They used that pick to trade up three spots to take Mason Rudolph, who the organization thinks has a real chance to be Ben Roethlisberger’s backup this season and, eventually, his successor. Bryant, meanwhile, reportedly is looking at another possible suspension from the NFL, which, considering he already has been suspended twice, could end his career.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2018/06/15/martavis-bryant-suspension-raiders-nfl-steelers/stories/201806160017
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 2:09 pm

Steelers made the smart move and got MR out of the trade. An excellent move.
Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 17, 2018 5:45 am

Would rank of there with the Bettis trade if Rudolph replaces the retired Ben and wins a ring.

BTW, saw recent pics of Ben, he's trim and ready to go.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 6:32 am

I don't know if the FO had an idea that this would happen or just lucky but getting a RD 3 pick for him sure looks great now. What a waste of talent. I wonder now if he'll ever play again.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm

The Steelers FO isn't perfect (none are), but when it comes to parting ways with players, they're right far more often than they're wrong.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 10:27 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
The Steelers FO isn't perfect (none are), but when it comes to parting ways with players, they're right far more often than they're wrong.

perhaps , but the thing that so often pisses me off is they normally don't attempt to get any compensation for the players. even if it means losing them with a year left on their contract. if you pretty much already know your not going to re up a contract, then put them on the trading block while you can get something for them ...i mean look at the deals the Patriots*** are always pulling out of their asses... Rolling Eyes

colbert and tomlin admitted they were not actively seeking to trade bryant. had gruden not pursued him the steelers would be shit out of luck , as usual, and god only knows how the draft selections would have played out without the extra 3rd. maybe they don't use a second on a receiver ... Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 2087824411

i'm not going to give them a pat on the back for grudens stupidity.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

perhaps , but the thing that so often pisses me off is they normally don't attempt to get any compensation for the players. even if it means losing them with a year left on their contract. if you pretty much already know your not going to re up a contract, then put them on the trading block while you can get something for them ...i mean look at the deals the Patriots**** are always pulling out of their asses... Rolling Eyes

colbert and tomlin admitted they were not actively seeking to trade bryant. had gruden not pursued him the steelers would be shit out of luck , as usual, and god only knows how the draft selections would have played out without the extra 3rd. maybe they don't use a second on a receiver ... Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 2087824411

i'm not going to give them a pat on the back for grudens stupidity.

Good points. I guess in some cases, it's addition by subtraction. But I agree with you, obviously, that it would be nice to get something in return when possible, like we did this time.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Where there's smoke, there's Martavis Bryant Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 1557163439
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2018 3:24 am

Kind of wondering if the Bryant suspension is even a thing anymore, or if the media was just trying to drum up drama. Haven't heard anything about his alleged suspension as of late and the the mean time we've seen Edelman, and Jameis Winston both get suspended.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 3:46 pm

Gruden On Ex-Steelers WR Bryant: ‘He’s Got To Get Out Here And Play Better’

By the sound of things, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant isn’t off to a great start with the Oakland Raiders and especially not with his new head coach Jon Gruden. Bryant has apparently missed a few training camp practices thus far due to illnesses and Gruden made sure to note that on Saturday during his talk with the media when asked what he’s learned about the wide receiver so far.

“He’s got to get out here and play better,” Gruden said, according to Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “He’s in a competitive situation. Right now, a lot of the other receivers have had a nice camp. He’s just got to learn the offense. He’s got to stay out here. He’s had some illnesses. He’s got to get on the field. He’s got to master the offense and become more versatile, and that’s the key to making this team better.”

Gruden was then asked what he attest to as being the reason why Bryant is behind at this point.

“I’m not saying he’s behind, I’m saying he’s just got be more versatile.”

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08/gruden-on-ex-steelers-wr-bryant-hes-got-to-get-out-here-and-play-better/

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

By the sound of things, former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant isn’t off to a great start with the Oakland Raiders and especially not with his new head coach Jon Gruden. Bryant has apparently missed a few training camp practices thus far due to illnesses and Gruden made sure to note that on Saturday during his talk with the media when asked what he’s learned about the wide receiver so far.

“He’s got to get out here and play better,” Gruden said, according to Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “He’s in a competitive situation. Right now, a lot of the other receivers have had a nice camp. He’s just got to learn the offense. He’s got to stay out here. He’s had some illnesses. He’s got to get on the field. He’s got to master the offense and become more versatile, and that’s the key to making this team better.”

Gruden was then asked what he attest to as being the reason why Bryant is behind at this point.

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08/gruden-on-ex-steelers-wr-bryant-hes-got-to-get-out-here-and-play-better/

Gruden couldn't see that coming? Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 1797695198 everyone in Pittsburgh knew MB was pretty much just a go deep WR. Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 am

So he's not suspended but he is also not on the field. Same effect he had here. Now I'm pulling for Washington. As a matter of fact I like all of our WRs. AB,JU JU, Rogers, Washington, DHB, and Hunter can be a surprise in games if he's still on the roster.

If McDonald can stay healthy he reminds me of a slightly larger, slightly faster HEEEAATH!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 5:22 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

He likely demands a trade in the next week or so Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 2981382511

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:14 am

MB could be great if he had a work ethic. He doesn't. He expects people to think he's great, and has a bad sense of entitlement to go along with a poor attitude. So glad we got rid of him.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
MB could be great if he had a work ethic. He doesn't. He expects people to think he's great, and has a bad sense of entitlement to go along with a poor attitude. So glad we got rid of him.

Sums it up pretty good Iowa. Key word being entitlement.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 2:21 am

solardave wrote:
So he's not suspended but he is also not on the field. Same effect he had here. Now I'm pulling for Washington. As a matter of fact I like all of our WRs. AB,JU JU, Rogers, Washington, DHB, and Hunter can be a surprise in games if he's still on the roster.

I'm excited to see what Damoun Patterson is going to do in the preseason games. He's really lightning up training camp, even earning first team reps.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13945076-74/minicamp-marvel-damoun-patterson-early-surprise-of-steelers-training-camp
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 2:46 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

I'm excited to see what Damoun Patterson is going to do in the preseason games. He's really lightning up training camp, even earning first team reps.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13945076-74/minicamp-marvel-damoun-patterson-early-surprise-of-steelers-training-camp

Hopefully the success in camp translates into success on the field during the preseason. Too many playmakers is always better than too little!

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 am

Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Patterson went to Youngstown State, so I got to see him play. No one is more surprised than I am about how well he's doing. I didn't think he was all that impressive in college. He's good on special teams though, so if he keeps doing what he's doing, it's not unrealistic that he could replace Heyward-Bey.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 7:48 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Patterson went to Youngstown State, so I got to see him play. No one is more surprised than I am about how well he's doing. I didn't think he was all that impressive in college. He's good on special teams though, so if he keeps doing what he's doing, it's not unrealistic that he could replace Heyward-Bey.

Seems like an odd kid, doesn't really have much in the way of stats and didn't really play at big schools. Kind of curious as to where all his production went.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

Seems like an odd kid, doesn't really have much in the way of stats and didn't really play at big schools. Kind of curious as to where all his production went.

YSU isn't a pass-happy team, so the lack of stats isn't surprising. When I said he wasn't impressive, I didn't mean that he was dropping passes and such. I meant that he didn't do anything that made you take notice. But I guess that's to be expected with YSU's offense, which traditionally has been more run oriented (Jim Tressel built the modern program afterall, and the philosophy hasn't changed).

As for not playing at a big school, there's another receiver who didn't play at one of the big schools, and business is boomin' for him. Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 2981382511

And no, I'm not saying Patterson can be another AB. He could possibly be a good deep threat, but route running isn't his strength. He won't be the next AB, but he could possibly be the next DHB.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 09, 2018 3:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
solardave wrote:

YSU isn't a pass-happy team, so the lack of stats isn't surprising. When I said he wasn't impressive, I didn't mean that he was dropping passes and such. I meant that he didn't do anything that made you take notice. But I guess that's to be expected with YSU's offense, which traditionally has been more run oriented (Jim Tressel built the modern program afterall, and the philosophy hasn't changed).

As for not playing at a big school, there's another receiver who didn't play at one of the big schools, and business is boomin' for him. Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 2981382511

And no, I'm not saying Patterson can be another AB. He could possibly be a good deep threat, but route running isn't his strength. He won't be the next AB, but he could possibly be the next DHB.

Oh no I'm not saying the kid couldn't be a diamond in the rough so to speak. Plenty of guys have come out of those lesser known schools. Look at David Johnon, Northern Iowa guy and he's a freak for the Cardinals (when he's not injured that is). AB came from Central Michigan. Manny Sanders came from SMU. A lot of times those smaller schools have NFL talent on their rosters, they're just not loaded with it like the Power 5 schools. I honestly didn't know much about Youngstown State if anything at all so it's kind of nice to learn a little more about their program to see where this kid came from. I will say from reading the breakdowns of his in game performances he seems to be a big-play kind of guy, seems like his catches were all of the 20+ yards variety. Nothing wrong with that. I hope he translates his talents to the NFL.

LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:25 pm

I was wondering what happened with this story. I feel all the more fortunate to have Rudolph now

Sources: Raiders to release Martavis Bryant, who faces suspension

The Oakland Raiders have informed Martavis Bryant he will be released on Saturday, as the wide receiver is facing a suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

Bryant ran afoul of the NFL's drug policy at some point this offseason, the sources said, the second violation for the receiver. The suspension could potentially be for a full season, although the appeal process currently underway could shorten it or even possibly eliminate it.

The Raiders were hoping to get a resolution before the 4 p.m. ET deadline for roster submission but did not, and the uncertainty over his status is why they released him

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm

We literally stole that 3rd Rounder from Oakland.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant   Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Steelers listening to offers for Martavis Bryant
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next