Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTime to get rid of Butler Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Time to get rid of Butler

Go down 
+8
effyou515
Hawaii 5-0
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Time to get rid of Butler Empty
PostSubject: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 am

seems to me the defense keeps getting worse every year DESPITE spending most of the high draft picks on that side of the ball. the D often looks confused and porly coached with no discipline . do they coach Dbacks to NEVER look where the ball is when it is in the air ? or to stay in the receivers hip pocket ? it looks like their strategy is to try to only try to block the receivers view of the ball. Time to get rid of Butler 2829330259
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 5:22 am

When they promote from within they should consider whether the guy has a brain instead of the good ol' boy mentality. Just because he studied (relative term) under LeBeau doesn't mean he learned anything.
Same goes for Sarrett being under Munchak.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 8:07 am

It was a shame they couldn't get the ball to the offense one last time to try and give the Steelers a chance to win.

I will say that Tuitt and TJ Watt looked great.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 8:48 am

I really wanted to see a stop on 4th so Rudolph could get his chance under serious pressure. I think he could've pulled it off. He's by far the most promising backup since Batch.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 9:54 am

Due to family obligations, I don't get to see the games live and have to watch them via the app, which means little to no video.

What I saw on the app is disappointing on both sides of the ball. While I believe our defense is one of the better ones in the league, our offense doesn't support their habits.

I still believe this team can turn it around, but it's going to require the coaching staff to make decisions they've been unable or unwilling to make in the past.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Time to get rid of Butler 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 2:02 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Due to family obligations, I don't get to see the games live and have to watch them via the app, which means little to no video.

What I saw on the app is disappointing on both sides of the ball.  While I believe our defense is one of the better ones in the league, our offense doesn't support their habits.

I still believe this team can turn it around, but it's going to require the coaching staff to make decisions they've been unable or unwilling to make in the past.

Time to get rid of Butler 1549491426 ...they are ranked 29th in the league right now. tied for 2nd in giving up the most 1st downs. what exactly have you saw thus far that makes you believe they might even be a an average defense let alone one of the better ones ? Time to get rid of Butler 2829330259
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 4:08 pm

It goes unnoticed, but Nelson is playing awesome. So far, he has allowed 1 catch in 2 games.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 4:15 pm

I think the defense was on the filed so much of the first half they were gassed by mid 3rd quarter. Your O has to have some decent time of pissesion. Last two games it has been pretty pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Time to get rid of Butler Tenor
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 5:23 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think the defense was on the filed so much of the first half they were gassed by mid 3rd quarter. Your O has to have some decent time of pissesion. Last two games it has been pretty pathetic.
the defense has the opportunity to get off the field in 3 plays. how gassed should you get in a few seconds of physical activity per play ? this ain't soccer where you a running nonstop or like high school where most players play both sides of the ball. . plus there is about 45 seconds between each play not counting the time it takes to spot the ball. wouldnt the offense that is beating the shit out of you get just as tired as the defense ? an receiver is doing just as much running as a dback. a olinemen is doing the same amount of wrestling as the dlinemen.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 5:44 pm

Any time your offense is going 3 or 6 and out the entire first half of a game and making your defense take the field any head coach or d coordinotr worth their salt will tell you its going to come back and haunt you in the second half.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 6:56 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Any time your offense is going 3 or 6 and out the entire first half of a game and making your defense take the field any head coach or d coordinotr worth their salt will tell you its going to come back and haunt you in the second half.

hey at least your offense is fresh for the second half ... Time to get rid of Butler 2087824411 ...the glass is half full man ... Time to get rid of Butler 1797695198
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyMon Sep 16, 2019 8:09 pm

the only defensive coaches I'd keep from this staff is Tom Bradley and Karl Dunbar.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 7:20 am

With Fitzpatrick incoming, we now have 8 1st rounders starting on the Defense.

29th ranked Defense.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 9:51 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

What I saw on the app is disappointing on both sides of the ball.  While I believe our defense is one of the better ones in the league, our offense doesn't support their habits.

Time to get rid of Butler 1549491426 ...they are ranked 29th in the league right now. tied for 2nd in giving up the most 1st downs. what exactly have you saw thus far that makes you believe they might even be a an average defense let alone one of the better ones ? Time to get rid of Butler 2829330259

Damn your stats! Time to get rid of Butler 131212936 Time to get rid of Butler 1378315869

I guess when I see the "potential" of what we have, I believe this defense is one of the better ones. Again, damn your stats! Time to get rid of Butler 131212936

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyTue Sep 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Title should say Beyond time to get rid of Butler!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Damn your stats!  Time to get rid of Butler 131212936 Time to get rid of Butler 1378315869

I guess when I see the "potential" of what we have, I believe this defense is one of the better ones. Again, damn your stats! Time to get rid of Butler 131212936
good individual players don't make a great team. they need proper coaching by coaches that look to capitalize on  their strengths and put them in situations to succeed. a great pass rushing OLB cant get sacks when he is in coverage. a great blitzing DB or ILB cant get sacks when he isn't asked to blitz. a good young receiver cant catch balls when a turd veteran is starting in front of him.. Time to get rid of Butler 2087824411

and most of all, a promising rookie free agent cant help a team when he is passed over for a below average veteran who has no upside ... No
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 2:10 am

solardave wrote:
When they promote from within they should consider whether the guy has a brain instead of the good ol' boy mentality. Just because he studied (relative term) under LeBeau doesn't mean he learned anything.

It goes beyond just hiring from within. Tomlin, Butler and Fichtner have a long history together, and they were all on the same coaching staff at Arkansas State.

Tomlin on Butler ... "I probably worked more and spent more time with him in football than anybody in my professional life."

The only way to get rid of Butler is for Rooney to override what Tomlin wants. If it's left to Tomlin, Butler isn't going anywhere.

All is not lost though, Rooney has done that before (Arians).

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 5:51 am

Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

It goes beyond just hiring from within. Tomlin, Butler and Fichtner have a long history together, and they were all on the same coaching staff at Arkansas State.

Tomlin on Butler ... "I probably worked more and spent more time with him in football than anybody in my professional life."

The only way to get rid of Butler is for Rooney to override what Tomlin wants. If it's left to Tomlin, Butler isn't going anywhere.

I agree if this defense continues to under perform especially after bringing in Fitzpatrick the decision on whether to keep Butler may be out of Tomlin's hands.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 am

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I agree if this defense continues to under perform especially after bringing in Fitzpatrick the decision on whether to keep Butler should be and better be out of Tomlin's hands.

Fixed it for ya

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Damn your stats!  Time to get rid of Butler 131212936 Time to get rid of Butler 1378315869

good individual players don't make a great team. they need proper coaching by coaches that look to capitalize on  their strengths and put them in situations to succeed. a great pass rushing OLB cant get sacks when he is in coverage. a great blitzing DB or ILB cant get sacks when he isn't asked to blitz. a good young receiver cant catch balls when a turd veteran is starting in front of him.. Time to get rid of Butler 2087824411

and most of all, a promising rookie free agent  cant help a team when he is passed over for a below average veteran who has no upside ... No

I hear what you're saying. I guess I remain eternal hopeful good players at some point can overcome bad coaching, but alas, I must confess - you're correct sir!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyWed Sep 18, 2019 11:34 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

and most of all, a promising rookie free agent  cant help a team when he is passed over for a below average veteran who has no upside ... No

I hear what you're saying.  I guess I remain eternal hopeful good players at some point can overcome bad coaching, but alas, I must confess - you're correct sir!

only players like Troy polamalo who was pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted can overcome bad coaching. remember the harrison interception touchdown in the superbowl ? he wasnt even supposed to be in the position to make that interception. had he followed his assignment he was givin on that play, it never happens and they lose.
Back to top Go down
HarvardAvenue
Xtreme Newb
HarvardAvenue

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 9:24 am

Butler should never have even been hired. But I'm not sold on all the talent on defense. It's mostly coaching IMO but also there is a lack of solid talent at some of the positions on defense. No Harvard Avenue Sports
Back to top Go down
http://www.harvard-avenue.com
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 9:36 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I hear what you're saying.  I guess I remain eternal hopeful good players at some point can overcome bad coaching, but alas, I must confess - you're correct sir!

only players like Troy polamalo who was pretty much allowed to do whatever he wanted can overcome bad coaching. remember the harrison interception touchdown in the superbowl ? he wasnt even supposed to be in the position to make that interception. had he followed his assignment he was givin on that play, it never happens and they lose.

You're right. The short clip I saw with Fitz he said he was told once he learned the safety position they plan to move him around. Not anywhere near the leeway Troy had where it was up to him. Sounds like fitting him in according to scheme. Maybe if he turns out to be really special Butler might scheme the defensive backfield around his talents. Yeah I know this is Butler we're talking about. A good DC could figure it out. If Butler does he keeps his job. If not Art II can fire him.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 4:27 pm

Is Butler calling the D though? I read a lot of articles last year that said Tomlin was really calling the D for a large portion of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time to get rid of Butler   Time to get rid of Butler Empty

Back to top Go down

Time to get rid of Butler
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next