Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIngram to be traded? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ingram to be traded?

Go down 
+4
LambertWardSteel
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Ingram to be traded? Empty
PostSubject: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 12:37 pm

Trade rumors are heating up and the Steelers might be shopping him around.

Any thoughts (other than, let's get a lineman if we trade him?)

Last edited by Great Randino on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Yup, I spelled it wrong.)
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 2:49 am

im a seller .. Ingram to be traded? 184121345

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:09 am

Maybe we can get a bag of chips for him. Bye bye Eric. Thanks for all the bad memories.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 1:41 pm

solardave wrote:
Maybe we can get a bag of chips for him. Bye bye Eric. Thanks for all the bad memories.
Um...Melvin. Talking about Melvin Engram here, not Ebron.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 4:48 pm

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Um...Melvin.  Talking about Melvin Engram here, not Ebron.
Dave is a day drinker ... Ingram to be traded? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:

The Engram spelling. rather than Ingram, confused me at first too and thought that it to mean Ebron Ingram to be traded? 2981382511

I think it hard to believe any team gives up too much for a 33 year old with injury history and contract for half a year. I also think even if Steelers are 3-4 at the deadline they'd still figure they're still in it and not want to give the impression of sellers.

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Oct 26, 2021 8:57 pm

Steelers are always in the hunt. How many teams can say that?

I'd hold on to him this year (Ebron now) - seeing the positive influence he's having on the younger TE's, that's an often hidden benefit. After this year, possibly not, but he's playing better and I'd keep him for the run.

Now, as for Engram - well?

I don't know what the answer is but I think he's valuable to have. If one of the other two go down, we're hurting.

I'll qualify that with, if we could trade him for a very good OL that can help us immediately, I'd consider that.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 3:06 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:

I resemble that remark. Ingram to be traded? 1797695198
My dislike for Eric Ebron proceeds me.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 3:42 am

I wish they'd trade Ebron lol. Did you guys see that article where he was quoted saying it's frustrating and difficult not to ask to have more passes thrown his way? Dude, you drop everything thrown your way... Let's be honest though, we'd be lucky to get belly button lint and a candy wrapper for Ebron.

As for Ingram, only way I'd trade him is if a team offered a fairly high pick like a 3rd Rounder or something for him. He's been far too valuable this season in our pass rush rotation to be trading him for anything less.

Also I fixed the thread title... Ingram to be traded? 1797695198

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:17 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I wish they'd trade Ebron lol. Did you guys see that article where he was quoted saying it's frustrating and difficult not to ask to have more passes thrown his way? Dude, you drop everything thrown your way... Let's be honest though, we'd be lucky to get belly button lint and a candy wrapper for Ebron.

As for Ingram, only way I'd trade him is if a team offered a fairly high pick like a 3rd Rounder or something for him. He's been far too valuable this season in our pass rush rotation to be trading him for anything less.

Also I fixed the thread title... Ingram to be traded? 1797695198

Belly button lint Ingram to be traded? 1664291743 and maybe some toe jam.

Seriously though we'd be crazy to not get back at least what we gave up for Ingram.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:06 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:

The Engram spelling. rather than Ingram, confused me at first too and thought that it to mean Ebron Ingram to be traded? 2981382511

I think it hard to believe any team gives up too much for a 33 year old with injury history and contract for half a year. I also think even if Steelers are 3-4 at the deadline they'd still figure they're still in it and not want to give the impression of sellers.

for me the important thing would be to get that 2.3 million dead cap next year off the books. i dont care if they only get a 7th round pick. Ingram to be traded? 2087824411
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 1:13 pm

3rd rounder for him and I am letting him walk. He is great to have as a rotational OLB and depth but the team needs to stack some draft capital for the future especially since we have so few picks next draft.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyWed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm

I think I would agree with SF.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2021 12:20 pm

Chiefs have made the Steelers an offer, according to Steelers Wire. Also says Steelers don't want to trade in-conference. So we will see.

I'm guessing we will move him before the deadline. Let's see what we get out of him.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 12:21 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
3rd rounder for him and I am letting him walk. He is great to have as a rotational OLB and depth but the team needs to stack some draft capital for the future especially since we have so few picks next draft.
a 3rd would be sweet but unrealistic. the guy was pretty much plucked off the scrap heap. teams weren't beating down his door to sign him before the steelers did. i dont think he has shown much this year to boost his value much. a team would have to desperate to give up a 3rd. andy reed isnt a fool.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 12:41 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
a 3rd would be sweet but unrealistic. the guy was pretty much  plucked off the scrap heap. teams weren't beating down his door to sign him before the steelers did. i dont think he has shown much this year to boost his value much. a team would have to desperate to give up a 3rd. andy reed isnt a fool.

A 3rd rounder would be cool but kind of go with this thinking and that they probably won't get as high as a 3rd. Losing Ingram we very well may end up with same situation as we have on defensive line with Tuitt and Alualu. A Watt or Highsmith injury really hurts us w/o Ingram

I have to wonder about the planning behind these free agents. Blount came here and was expecting some kind of different usage and demanded release. Steelers legend Harrison said he didn't sign on to be used the way he was; wanted out at end of season and joined belicheat. Now Ingram wants to go.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 8:15 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
a 3rd would be sweet but unrealistic. the guy was pretty much  plucked off the scrap heap. teams weren't beating down his door to sign him before the steelers did. i dont think he has shown much this year to boost his value much. a team would have to desperate to give up a 3rd. andy reed isnt a fool.

Yeah I am not saying we would get a 3rd rounder. I am just saying what it would cost for us to let him walk. Right now he is filling a depth need for us and behind him we have nothing. If I were Tomlin I would definitely play him more rotationally so he doesn't feel left out. Give Watt and Highsmith some rest spells for some series throughout the game.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 1:54 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

A 3rd rounder would be cool but kind of go with this thinking and that they probably won't get as high as a 3rd. Losing Ingram we very well may end up with same situation as we have on defensive line with Tuitt and Alualu. A Watt or Highsmith injury really hurts us w/o Ingram

I have to wonder about the planning behind these free agents. Blount came here and was expecting some kind of different usage and demanded release. Steelers legend Harrison said he didn't sign on to be used the way he was; wanted out at end of season and joined belicheat. Now Ingram wants to go.

Very true. Tomlin has run into this issue before with players. Wonder what was said between him and the players and how they would approach the season. When it keeps coming up as an issue it has to be something of an issue...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 2:21 pm

Nothing is ever guaranteed. You earn your playing time. I wouldn't put this on Tomlin because a player gets outplayed/doesn't deliver then is disappointed with his playing time.

Honestly I wouldn't let him go for less than a 3rd, unless another player (lineman?) is coming our way. Having him for depth is worth it for us. I wouldn't give him away.

And I don't care if he's happy or not. He's paid handsomely to do a job. The expectation is that he will do his job. If he were better at it he'd be playing more.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Well now he is out with a "groin" injury on the DNP list and doubtful for Sunday... gotta wonder if this coincides with wanting out...
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Moats has a good perspective of the ingram situation.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2021 10:49 pm

Now Ebron is out with a hammy as well (also the subject of trade talks).  Wow, I didn't know pulled hamstrings could be contagious....
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 12:10 pm

the lions couldnt get anything for ebron in 2018. do all the dropped passes , shitty blocking, and more birthdays make him more valuable than then ? Ingram to be traded? 1401235891
here's how it should go

chiefs - we will give you a 5th for ingram
steelers - you give us a 7th and take ebron and you got a deal.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptySat Oct 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the lions couldnt get anything for ebron in 2018. do all the dropped passes , shitty blocking,  and more birthdays make him more valuable than then ? Ingram to be traded? 1401235891  
here's how it should go

chiefs - we will give you a 5th for ingram
steelers - you give us a 7th and take ebron and you got a deal.
Me Likey.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2021 11:01 am

Traded to the Chiefs for a 6th round pick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ingram to be traded?   Ingram to be traded? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ingram to be traded?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next