Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJohnson traded to Carolina Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Johnson traded to Carolina

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
Shalieve5090
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Johnson traded to Carolina Empty
PostSubject: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 7:26 pm

For CB Donte Jackson and a pick swap

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 7:36 pm

damn,,i thought it would be the cardinals if anyone.  he will be very happy in carolina... Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
Full trade:

The #Panthers get Diontae Johnson and pick No. 240

The #Steelers get Donte Jackson and pick 178

looks like WR moves up the needs board.

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 7:52 pm

donte jackson had a 15.7 million cap hit with his current contract with carolina. looks like the steelers will be on the hook for about 10 million if im understanding it right. so they will be paying what they saved from DJ (10 million) to donte jackson. it is also jacksons last year on his contract.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 8:09 pm

They cut out part of the Cancer! I can't fucking believe it! That's a big step in the right direction!

Got to admit they are making moves that I am loving today!

Master_Of_Puppets and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 8:14 pm

Steelers Depot �
@Steelersdepot
Donte Jackson arrives in Pittsburgh with a $10,522,500 cap number, assuming Panthers not picking up any of that base or roster bonus due. Jackson does have three additional void years on his deal so MIGHT see the Steelers restructure some of that roster bonus and base to lower cap charge. #Steelers
7:27 PM · Mar 12, 2024
·
Views
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 8:18 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
They cut out part of the Cancer! I can't fucking believe it! That's a big step in the right direction!

and they are punishing DJ at the same time.. Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426
he went from the frying pan to another frying pan... Johnson traded to Carolina 1664291743

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 8:22 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

and they are punishing DJ at the same time.. Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426
he went from the frying pan to another frying pan... Johnson traded to Carolina 1664291743

A little lesson could be learned from it but I doubt he will be able to...

Master_Of_Puppets and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 9:45 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Perhaps the lesson will be afforded to Pickens - "Shape up or we'll ship YOU to a shitty team too."

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 10:33 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Perhaps the lesson will be afforded to Pickens - "Shape up or we'll ship YOU to a shitty team too."

Hopefully Mr. Pickens has taken notes!

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 4:16 am

Have fun in Carolina DJ Johnson traded to Carolina 3562723908
Apparently they were negotiating with the Chiefs too. Imagine hoping to catch passes from Mahomes to going to absolutely nowhere Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 7:07 am

Trading off DJ for a decent CB and getting a slightly better pick number out of the deal isn't bad at all. Johnson was becoming a bit cancerous and his inconsistency was frustrating. Will be interesting to see how they address WR now since Johnson and Robinson are gone.

I also love the Patrick Queen signing. That's a fantastic signing that immediately shores up the MLB position. We'll have Elandon Roberts and Kwon Alexander to pair with him and ILB suddenly looks like a position of strength instead of a detriment to the team.

This offseason is looking pretty good on paper but we won't know whether this team will mesh and have some chemistry together until training camp, and the start of the regular season. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

Stella Nation wrote:
Apparently they were negotiating with the Chiefs too. Imagine hoping to catch passes from Mahomes to going to absolutely nowhere Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426

Not gonna lie that really has to suck for Johnson. Carolina has no o-line and a shaky young QB that had a really rough rookie season. He definitely didn't go to a better situation, but had he been more consistent and had a better attitude they'd of probably tried to keep him.

Makes me wonder though, what was Kansas City offering?

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 8:18 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Trading off DJ for a decent CB and getting a slightly better pick number out of the deal isn't bad at all. Johnson was becoming a bit cancerous and his inconsistency was frustrating. Will be interesting to see how they address WR now since Johnson and Robinson are gone.

I also love the Patrick Queen signing. That's a fantastic signing that immediately shores up the MLB position. We'll have Elandon Roberts and Kwon Alexander to pair with him and ILB suddenly looks like a position of strength instead of a detriment to the team.

This offseason is looking pretty good on paper but we won't know whether this team will mesh and have some chemistry together until training camp, and the start of the regular season. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

Stella Nation wrote:

Not gonna lie that really has to suck for Johnson. Carolina has no o-line and a shaky young QB that had a really rough rookie season. He definitely didn't go to a better situation, but had he been more consistent and had a better attitude they'd of probably tried to keep him.

Makes me wonder though, what was Kansas City offering?

Kwon Alexander's doesn't have a contract and his future is seriously in doubt after he tore his achilles. Holcomb is still on the team, but also recovering from a serious injury and word on the street is that he can't play for a year. So we will need another LB to pair with Queen and Roberts.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/2023-exit-meetings-ilb-kwon-alexander/
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 2:59 pm

Quote :
Holcomb's knee injury suffered last season could be career-threatening, Chris Mueller of 93.7 The Fan reports.

Holcomb suffered a significant knee injury in Week 9 last season that saw him carted off the field and taken to the hospital. Mueller's speculation seems to arise from previous comments made by Steelers executive Omar Khan, as well as the addition of Patrick Queen in free agency. Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Feb. 29 that according to Khan, Holcomb was working hard but didn't have a timeline for a return
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/steelers-cole-holcomb-could-be-done/

even if holcomb does come back, it wont be in time for the start of the season.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyWed Mar 13, 2024 6:34 pm

Chargers released mike Williams. I def wouldn't mind him or Tyler boyd
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 5:09 am

Shalieve5090 wrote:

isnt boyd a slot receiver ?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 6:03 am

so who won the trade ? i was checking out a panthers forum and they think they fleeced the steelers. for some reason they think johnson is like a top 5 receiver and the answer to all their problems. Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426

i cant even remember the last time i saw a panthers game so i dont know shit about jackson other than what i've dug up the last 2 days. i read he played himself in to a big contract then suffered an Achilles  injury in 2022 and didnt play as well in 2023. Arthur Moats and Terrance Garvin seem to think pretty highly of jackson and what he brings to the secondary.

IMO, considering carolina was going to release jackson anyway , i would have felt better had they gotten more than a 6th on the pick swap. Moats said he heard the chiefs had a much better offer on the table, but the steelers wanted him out of the AFC. If they traded him to a perennial cellar dweller for less just out of spite because DJ is a dick.....i respect that..Johnson traded to Carolina 1797695198
i still would have felt better with their 5th instead of their 6th. No ...they could have gotten a 2nd for the turd in 2021 ...Johnson traded to Carolina 2625562446
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 10:00 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
so who won the trade ? i was checking out a panthers forum and they think they fleeced the steelers. for some reason they think johnson is like a top 5 receiver and the answer to all their problems. Johnson traded to Carolina 1549491426

i cant even remember the last time i saw a panthers game so i dont know shit about jackson other than what i've dug up the last 2 days. i read he played himself in to a big contract then suffered an Achilles  injury in 2022 and didnt play as well in 2023. Arthur Moats and Terrance Garvin seem to think pretty highly of jackson and what he brings to the secondary.

IMO, considering carolina was going to release jackson anyway , i would have felt better had they gotten more than a 6th on the pick swap. Moats said he heard the chiefs had a much better offer on the table, but the steelers wanted him out of the AFC. If they traded him to a perennial cellar dweller for less just out of spite because DJ is a dick.....i respect that..Johnson traded to Carolina 1797695198
i still would have felt better with their 5th instead of their 6th. No ...they could have gotten a 2nd for the turd in 2021 ...Johnson traded to Carolina 2625562446  

Jackson is a solid team mate from what I read. Hard worker no nonsense type of guy. He did come back from.am Achilles tear and that may have slowed him.down a bit. If he can help take on #2s on the outside great. If he can't try him inside and let him.take on slot receiver and let Trice take on the #2s. I still have some.hope Trice comes back from his ACL and can contribute he was doing really well in camp before the injury.

Either way part of that cancer got cut the fuck out and I am happy about that. Pick up someone in FA or the draft. I don't care. The message was sent out though and I love that. You don't want to be a Steeler? Well then get the fuck out.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 1:23 pm

A little review of Jackson seems pretty fair and objective on what we got for DJ. I feel good about that trade.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/03/film-room-what-new-cb-donte-jackson-offers-steelers/
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 1:27 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

There is mutual interest tho. He wants to come home to Pittsburgh. I'd be happy. Him pickens and Calvin Austin is pretty solid

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyThu Mar 14, 2024 1:54 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

There is mutual interest tho. He wants to come home to Pittsburgh. I'd be happy. Him pickens and Calvin Austin is pretty solid
Yeah I think we will get Boyd and I like that transaction.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyFri Mar 15, 2024 4:17 am

Boyd would be a much better slot receiver than Allen Robinson was. I would love that signing. Round 1 of this draft is going to be very interesting. I'd be fine with Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze to fill the void left by Johnson.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 11:29 pm

Mike Williams is suppost to visit this week. I'd love him. He's solid if he can stay healthy and would be a huge target for Wilson
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 1:30 am

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Mike Williams is suppost to visit this week. I'd love him. He's solid if he can stay healthy and would be a huge target for Wilson
Williams is a great team player as well. Have heard good things about his character.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 1:41 am

i thought i heard tomlin say before the best ability is availability. mike williams has never started a full 16 game season. the dude gets hurt and misses games every freakin year. he has had back injuries twice and tore an ACL last year in week 3.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 5:50 am

I think we go after a #1 in the draft. I'm not saying with pick 20, but isn't this class pretty deep?
Maybe they do trade up and get Nabers or Odunze. I think it would cost way too much to go after Harrison Jr.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johnson traded to Carolina   Johnson traded to Carolina Empty

Back to top Go down

Johnson traded to Carolina
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next