Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday

Go down 
+6
Shalieve5090
effyou515
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 28, 2021 11:46 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
According to Fittipaldo, Tomlin said changes could be coming. Sounds good, but what changes are plausible? Butler, who should have been fired last year isn't going anywhere in the middle of the season. Canada is safe for now.

Are there any players on the bench who are a better option? One possibility is benching Bush. But beyond that, I don't see many changes that can be made right now to make this team noticeably better. The past 2 weeks have really exposed how little depth we have.

the only coach i hold responsible is tomlin. the coordinators didnt assemble this team of suck. this isnt a matter of players under achieving, this is a matter of not enough talent on the team. i mean stevie wonder could see this season unfolding the way it is based on the roster. anyone who thought tomlin could coach this  team into a contender probably still believes in santa. when they gave Ben a contract extension in 2019 they doomed this team for failure for at least 5 years. i strongly reccomend hold off any superbowl hope at least till 2024 to avoid any undue stress.... Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 2276209185
his futile attempt at building a contender this year and poor draft strategy set the inevitable rebuild back by at least 2 years.
as much as i like harris and muth ,and i acknowledge they will be solid contributors going forward , they were not what was needed to get the team going in the right direction.

solardave, Shalieve5090 and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:33 am

Wallace108 wrote:
According to Fittipaldo, Tomlin said changes could be coming. Sounds good, but what changes are plausible? Butler, who should have been fired last year isn't going anywhere in the middle of the season. Canada is safe for now.

Are there any players on the bench who are a better option? One possibility is benching Bush. But beyond that, I don't see many changes that can be made right now to make this team noticeably better. The past 2 weeks have really exposed how little depth we have.

Agreed. No coaches are likely to go....worse yet he fires Canada and decides he's going to be the offensive coordinator as well as defensive. They're already 2-3 deep in backups at some positions so maybe he figures he can reach to the practice squad and shock the world with a change.

This may have been the worst Steelers game I've ever watched. It was just horrendous. Cincy has the ball...they march up and down the field. Steelers have the ball, 3 and out. With this team and the remaining schedule the Steelers are probably pretty close to the top 10 drafting next year. They need better decision makers going into that. Someone on here recently said the team needs a complete blow up. I'm beginning to agree with that.

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:38 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
they should just go get on the bus at halftime ...no point in giving bunghole fans more joy Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 1401235891

Yeah, those idiots were acting like their team is whipping the Steel Curtain. Last I checked their boys have only won 3 fewer playoff games than the Steelers the last 12 years and one of them was because their hero Vontaze decided to give the Steelers the game in the last 60 seconds.

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:45 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Agreed. No coaches are likely to go....worse yet he fires Canada and decides he's going to be the offensive coordinator as well as defensive. They're already 2-3 deep in backups at some positions so maybe he figures he can reach to the practice squad and shock the world with a change.

This may have been the worst Steelers game I've ever watched. It was just horrendous. Cincy has the ball...they march up and down the field. Steelers have the ball, 3 and out. With this team and the remaining schedule the Steelers are probably pretty close to the top 10 drafting next year. They need better decision makers going into that. Someone on here recently said the team needs a complete blow up. I'm beginning to agree with that.

recently ? Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 1549491426  i been playin that song since before the 2020 draft ... Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:09 am

Okay guys, let's hear some ideas. You're the GM, you've got a top 10 pick. What's your draft strategy?

I'm open to a lot of directions - this team needs a lot of help.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 1:19 am

Great Randino wrote:
Okay guys, let's hear some ideas.  You're the GM, you've got a top 10 pick.  What's your draft strategy?

well since we need everything, BPA. Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 2087824411
but i would take into consideration the depth of the class at each position and what/who is likely to be there in the 2nd.
looks like a good OT class, but not many DL and only 1 godzilla... Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 2981382511

if they could get a trade back a few spots and pick up an extra 2nd , that would be sweet.
when they went from 20 to 10 for bush they gave up a 2nd and 3rd. so maybe if they went back 5 or 6 spots for a 2nd ? Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 2829330259

up until the last 2 or 3 weeks i would have said they need to go QB or Oline with the first. now we know the front 7 on defense are equally bad or even worse off. a good defense can help a team overcome a bad offense easier than a good offense can overcome a bad defense.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 2:10 am

here's the race for the bottom as of now. im confident this team is bad enough coupled with the schedule, they have a good shot to earn a top 10 pick.   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 1797695198
the freakin G men have the bears 1st round pick in 2022...they might get 2 top 10 picks along with the jets ... Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 2625562446

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 Bottom10
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:21 pm

Whiffing on way too many #1 and #2 draft choices over the last 8 years on a team that is supposed to build through the draft has caught up to it. When you build through the draft you simply cannot have as many busts as we have had and now it's as plain as day.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 12:30 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Okay guys, let's hear some ideas.  You're the GM, you've got a top 10 pick.  What's your draft strategy?

If we are in top 10 I would say we trade back and pick up an extra 2nd and even possibly a 3rd. We have way too many areas of need at this point.

C, OG or OT, NT, ILB, DE

Green is not a good center maybe put him in at Guard (his natural position) pick up a true Center early.

We still need a NT that can stuff the run and eat up space in the middle on first and second downs. We need someone that demands double teaming. Right now Bush and Schoebert are getting hit way to quickly and the OL on opposing teams are not having to double team our current NTs and they are dominating the line of scrimmage.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 pm

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 1:29 am

as near as i can gather for this draft, it looks like the biggest seperation between the best player at a position and the next best player is at center and NT. they simply cant go in to next season assuming green, buggs and davis are going to be marginally  better next season. if they are, great. they will have good depth, if not ? same old shit, different season.

i really REALLY like what i have seen of jordan davis. he IS what we hoped dan McCullers would turn in to. he is a centers nightmare. my biggest fear is we dont take him  one of our division rivals will .
its no coincidence georgia ILB's are having amazing seasons. they get to run free and make plays  because olinemen  have their hands full with a monster and cant get to the 2nd level.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 8:55 pm

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 1:59 am

Our biggest issues offensively are in the trenches, and then at the Quarterback position. I think this has to be Ben's last season. Even when he's had time this year (which is rare) he is too inconsistent and can't challenge defenses deep. We need to find his replacement. That being said the o-line is the most glaring issue with this team offensively. They should of spent picks on the o-line in the draft this year, instead of luxury picks on skill players. I love Najee and Freiermuth. I think both have a ton of potential. Problem is, it's hard to realize said potential when you're playing behind and with a porous offensive line.

As others have suggested, I think they should draft a true center and kick Green over to Guard. I think they thought Green had the potential to be like Pouncey at Center but I just haven't seen that from him. He just looks like a Guard, and he's got the nastiness and athletic ability I like to see at Guard so I think that's where he needs to be. I like Tyler Linderbaum out of Iowa as far as next year's draft. Obviously I'm a Hawkeye homer, but honestly Linderbaum is the versatile, athletic, and nasty type of dude you want playing center. He's played it at a high level in college and Iowa coaches their offensive lineman quite well. If they did this it would help us solidify a guard position and also the center position. Then our most glaring need would be OT.

As far as defense, definitely need to find a dude that can line up at NT and stop opponents from running the ball. We have that in Alualu but he's getting old and coming off of a bad injury. Our depth behind him might as well be non-existent. We need a big man that can hog up space and cause disruptions. Outside of that I'd say ILB and DE are our other biggest needs as far as the D goes. Bush hasn't shown me a damn thing this season, not one good thing I can think of. Not a single splash play. They traded up to get this guy in the draft because they envisioned a Ryan Shazier type of player. Instead they got a guy that got hurt, comes back from injury and is out there half-assing it and making little to no effort to make any kind of plays. I mean I watched a play in the Bengals game where Bush actually filled his gap (surprising I know), but then didn't even try to get off of his block, and despite minimal running room Mixon was still able to get through because Bush only made a half-hearted attempt to arm tackle him. All he had to do was take a step over and wrap up, or at least try to tackle Mixon's legs and he just stood there as Mixon ran by and gashed the defense for yet another big play. Vince Williams has been on social media trying to defend Bush... bro c'mon, I've seen enough of his tape this year to see that this guy is not making an effort and not earning his paycheck.

And don't even get me started on this practice stuff. Multiple players have said practice needs to improve. That's ridiculous. You should be practicing hard every practice. Anyone who isn't taking it seriously should ride he pine come gameday until they get the point. Then we've got Claypool saying they should play f^&%*&^ music to make practice "more fun"... Dude, you are a professional football player at the highest level of the game, grow the f^%$ up. That's something you suggest to your coaches in private, not something you say to the media following two games where the team has absolutely sucked. The optics of that... the team just gets 41 points hung up on them losing to a hated divisional rival and one of our "star" receivers thinks it pertinent to suggest playing music at practice to make it "more fun".

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 Giphy

These dudes need to man up. It seems like we have a few veteran leaders on this team that are trying their best (Heyward, Watt), while the younger Gen Z kids are out there half-assing it and embarrassing our team and the franchise.

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 PaKS9WC
"Success isn't owned, it's leased and the rent is due every day." - TJ Watt
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 01, 2021 5:37 am

keep in mind, besides bush, there is no way they are paying schobert the 9 million he is due next year. slowbert has played better than bush, but he isnt exactly james farrior. that dude has no business making more than 2 million in a backup roll. most of his tackles are 5 yards or more past the LOS.

why did they keep 5 ILB's on the roster if they never intended to use 3 of them ? gilbert ? allen ? johnson ? hellooooo ? a guy consistently playing like shit is worse than him beiing injured? do we need to start rooting for bush to get injured to put him out of our misery ? Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 1505004552

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday   Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Bengals 1:00 pm Sunday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2