Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTrade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) Empty
PostSubject: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 5:55 pm

Rumor has it that the Steelers are considering trading Claypool and want a 2nd rounder for him.

What do you think?

Will it happen, and what do you think of this potential move?

Last edited by Great Randino on Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySun Oct 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Dump him for a 2nd in a heartbeat. He is worried more about his brand then he is the team.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 2:00 pm

We just traded him to the Bears for a second round pick. C'mon Bears, now TANK!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 4:20 pm

That's a good trade! Now they can start building a real Oline with a First and 2 2nd round picks. Get some Monsters that move a line and make holes and are competent pass blockers.

If we can run the ball effectively it will open up play action and the passing for the team. If teams can't stop the run everything else falls into place and we become contenders again.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyTue Nov 01, 2022 5:01 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
That's a good trade! Now they can start building a real Oline with a First and 2 2nd round picks. Get some Monsters that move a line and make holes and are competent pass blockers.

If we can run the ball effectively it will open up play action and the passing for the team. If teams can't stop the run everything else falls into place and we become contenders again.
Yes, what I was thinking. 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, lets draft 3 hog-nasty O-linemen and FIX THIS!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 2:02 am

Glad he's gone honestly. Dude never played up to his billing. Disappeared in far too many games for a guy that was supposed to be so fast for his size. I also got tired of watching him jump for passes that he didn't need to jump for. I do wish him the best, but I'm not losing any sleep over getting a 2nd Rounder for him either.

We need to stack some picks and o-line needs to be addressed in next year's draft.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 2:06 am

Time to get a true LT to protect these young QBs blind side.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyWed Nov 02, 2022 2:08 am

effyou515 wrote:

We need to draft some big uglies, the kinds of guys the Ravens draft and put together a nasty o-line that can maul defenders in the running game. Time to get back to Steeler football.

It really annoys me that we had the opportunity to draft guys like Creed Humphrey and Tyler Linderbaum within the past few seasons and we instead draft Najee who hasn't shown me anything to inspire confidence and is getting outplayed by UDFA Jaylen Warren in all aspects of the position.

We drafted Kenny Pickett, which I will give him, the jury is still out, but I feel like you should work on the trenches before you go and draft skill positions. They basically slapped a band-aid on a very porous o-line from last season and brought in Mason Cole and James Daniels. I think Daniels was an upgrade over what we had, and Cole is more consistent than Kendrick Greene ever was, but I don't feel like the "improvements" are all that noticeable. Dan Moore is a turnstyle, not a franchise LT. Kevin Dotson got absolutely exposed by the Eagles. We need upgrades at LT, LG, and C in my honest opinion and Chuks has never really impressed me all that much over at RT either.

O-line has to be the focus in the 2023 Draft and the offseason.

effyou515, solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 3:36 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

We need to draft some big uglies, the kinds of guys the Ravens draft and put together a nasty o-line that can maul defenders in the running game. Time to get back to Steeler football.

It really annoys me that we had the opportunity to draft guys like Creed Humphrey and Tyler Linderbaum within the past few seasons and we instead draft Najee who hasn't shown me anything to inspire confidence and is getting outplayed by UDFA Jaylen Warren in all aspects of the position.

We drafted Kenny Pickett, which I will give him, the jury is still out, but I feel like you should work on the trenches before you go and draft skill positions. They basically slapped a band-aid on a very porous o-line from last season and brought in Mason Cole and James Daniels. I think Daniels was an upgrade over what we had, and Cole is more consistent than Kendrick Greene ever was, but I don't feel like the "improvements" are all that noticeable. Dan Moore is a turnstyle, not a franchise LT. Kevin Dotson got absolutely exposed by the Eagles. We need upgrades at LT, LG, and C in my honest opinion and Chuks has never really impressed me all that much over at RT either.

IMHO Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) 1797695198 all we really need to get this Oline on track is LT,LG,C,RT,RG. Then use the current starters as backups.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 2:19 pm

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

IMHO Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) 1797695198 all we really need to get this Oline on track is LT,LG,C,RT,RG. Then use the current starters as backups.
I see what you did there.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 2:56 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

100% on the shape of the Steelers o-line left side LT and LG need up graded no way getting around that. Moore might be the run blocking RT / LT the o-line needs you can see he doesn't have the skill to be a NFL LT, Chuks imho is just a body on the field. Through the draft and free agency the o-line needs a serious up grade.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 3:27 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/mike-tomlin-says-steelers-made-the-chase-claypool-trade-because-of-the-compensation/

Mike Tomlin says Steelers made the Chase Claypool trade because of the compensation

Quote :
At 3-5, the Bears’ slot in each round figures to fall in the 10th-15th pick range, At 2-6, the Steelers are projected as having a top-five pick in the draft. The Claypool trade could mean they have three picks among the top 40-50 selections.

Having 2 high 2nd round picks in 2023 draft nice.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2022 10:46 pm

effyou515 wrote:
https://triblive.com/sports/mike-tomlin-says-steelers-made-the-chase-claypool-trade-because-of-the-compensation/

Mike Tomlin says Steelers made the Chase Claypool trade because of the compensation

Quote :
At 3-5, the Bears’ slot in each round figures to fall in the 10th-15th pick range, At 2-6, the Steelers are projected as having a top-five pick in the draft. The Claypool trade could mean they have three picks among the top 40-50 selections.

Yeah this is where I would agree with Tomlin, and completely agree with the trade.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 pm

Great Randino wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Quote :

Yeah this is where I would agree with Tomlin, and completely agree with the trade.

Let's hope Tomlin doesn't take a couple of project players with, "a lot of up side" and he just picks proven players at their respective positions. It's not rocket science when it comes to Offensive linemen but Tomlin sure has fucked things up already...
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 7:57 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Quote :

Let's hope Tomlin doesn't take a couple of project players with, "a lot of up side" and he just picks proven players at their respective positions. It's not rocket science when it comes to Offensive linemen but Tomlin sure has fucked things up already...

Are you sure it's Tomlin? I've read this on another forum in a Najee Harris discussion and looks more like Colbert has fucked it up to me.

Quote :
I was talking with someone on the plane about that who works for FO. He pointed out how easily they can tell who made the picks in Pittsburgh.

If the guy had a high RAS score with stats over the last two years, it was a Tomlin pick (TJ, Edmunds, Claypool). If it was an underclassman with decent RAS score and decent stats, the whole structure worked together (Freiermuth, Highsmith, Johnson). If the guy had a lower RAS score and great stats, with ok tape (Najee, Bush, Burns) it was likely a Colbert pick. He mapped it out for me and showed the picks lately that matched historical Steelers players when adjusted for era.

The guy thinks that the change from Colbert/Hunt to Khan/Weidl is going to be one of the single best shifts in draft success a team will have without firing someone.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 8:09 pm

Could have been Colberts fault but Tomlin had a say in the matters he could have said No... GMs aren't sole arbiters of picks.

The way they have mismanaged the draft picks and the Oline since Pouncey, Decastro, and Vilanueva have left is just outrageous. Blame has to land at Tomlins feet.

They went bargain basement and cheap. Their whole philosophy is to be able to run the ball and they got stupid and have tried to put together a cheap patchwork Oline and it shows weekly. They are undisciplined they are unsure of themselves, they get beat at the point of attack, they are poorly coached, they are on good days simply mediocre, on bad days they are costing the team successful drives.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 3:51 am

If it was Colbert he's gone so. I think it was bad decisions all around when it comes to the Oline. Let's face it. Our next man up on that line probably wouldn't make anyone else's roster.
Burns was a bust. Bush is a bust. Although Highsmith has progressed faster than DuPree I don't think he'll be worth what he wants when his contract is up.
If they don't address the Oline early and often next year we'll know it wasn't all Colbert.
Then there are our issues at ILB and on the Dline

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 7:20 am

I'm not a big Tomlin fan. Especially the streak of bad OC and OL coaches since Munchack I hold against him. That being said, he's somehow still a top 10 HC in the NFL. Compared to the likes of Staley, Kingsburry, Taylor and many others he's a genius. It's baffling to me that there are only 3 very good to elite coaches (Belichick, Reid, McVay) and then you have a bunch of above average or mediocre coaches (Tomlin, Harbough, Carroll, Vrabel...) followed by 20 below average or really dogshit HCs. The only coach who can make the leap to very good/elite is McDermott imo. How does it come there are so few quality HCs while the NFL is the only professional league that matters in the sport?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 11:52 am

Agree about McDermott. I would have to say, this season, I'd put Carroll in the Elite category. What he's done with an absolutely shitty team is nothing short of amazing - including reviving Geno Smith's dead career.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) EmptySun Nov 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Yes, what Carroll is doing this season is amazing, but he will never be an elite coach to me because of the way he lost the SB to the Patriots*. That was the dumbest playcall on one play ever. You have freaking Marshawn Lynch in his prime and all you need is one yard. How hard can it be!

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)   Trade Claypool? (update:  TRADED) Empty

Back to top Go down

Trade Claypool? (update: TRADED)
Page 1 of 1