Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting

Go down 
+8
Shalieve5090
Wallace108
Great Randino
LambertWardSteel
tube517
Stella Nation
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting Empty
PostSubject: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyFri Sep 01, 2023 11:45 pm

that would be great if they could get a 5th for rudolf. the gossip is that belecheat was interested in mason in 2018. although i would think watching his play over the years should have squashed any infatuation he may have had. belecheat did cut all the qb's except mac jones, but then turned around and added bailey zappe to the ps. they also just claimed matt corral. anyone remember him ? the guy some people had as their top qb in that class leading up to the draft got cut already by carolina.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-mason-rudolph-new-england-Patriots*-rumors-growing

Quote :
The Pittsburgh Steelers have three quarterbacks they feel pretty confident in, but Mason Rudolph will remain at the bottom of the depth chart throughout the 2023 season. So, some are starting to speculate whether or not he could be moved, and a team that makes plenty of sense is the New England Patriots*.

While there are no reports that the Patriots* have any intentions of calling the Steelers, Christopher Kline of FanSided believes it's a trade that makes a lot of sense - especially for New England.

Quote :
Rudolph has ten games of starting experience in the NFL, carrying a 5-4-1, and has completed 236 of 384 passes for 2,366 yards, 16 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions.

Kline believes the Steelers could receive a fifth-round pick for Rudolph in a trade with the Patriots*. Pittsburgh's general manager Omar Khan hasn't held back with trades since taking over the job, making two prior to the team's initial 53-man roster.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 2:41 am

Since I don't know why he's still on the team I agree a 5th rd pick would be a win.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 4:45 am

I don't see why the Patriots* or any other team would trade for Rudolph. He was a FA for months and nobody wanted him. To everyone's surprise he came back to the Steelers because he couldn't find another team.

Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 9:37 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I don't see why the Patriots** or any other team would trade for Rudolph. He was a FA for months and nobody wanted him. To everyone's surprise he came back to the Steelers because he couldn't find another team.

Not a Mason fan but last I heard the Cheats** had only Mac Jones on their 53. Not sure if they even picked up Zapp or Malik whatever his name is to the PS but I don't follow those cheating bastards.

Nevermind, I see they picked up Matt Corral. Not sure if he is better than Mason but who knows.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 12:50 pm

I hadn't heard anything about this. I am glad Mason is no higher than 3 on our depth chart, but he may be the most experienced #3 in football. If you are in the Cheats position, Rudolph probably looks good if all you have is Jones and a practice squad player. I would take a 5th pick for him

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 12:58 pm

My opinion, Mac Jones is kind of a bust. Bill probably wishes they had drafted someone in the 7th round (Purdy). I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Pats* took a shot at Rudolph. He's got some talent, I think he could be (somewhat) successful in the right setting (not sure New England is the place though, not sure their line is strong enough).

I'd like for him to get an opportunity somewhere. We know its not going to be in Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 4:33 pm

Rudolph will end up in Cleveland with the other misfit toys.

I'll see myself out. Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting 2000130356

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

tube517 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 02, 2023 9:15 pm

solardave wrote:
Since I don't know why he's still on the team I agree a 5th rd pick would be a win.

vet minimum is why he is on the team. i didnt like him on the team for 5 million last year, but i dont mind him on the team for 1 million. we steeler fans tend to think rudolf is the worst qb that has ever put a helmet on, despite him having a winning record as a starter. how many 3rd string qb's are in the league right now with 5 wins under their belt ?
myself i generally think having young guys with untapped potential being groomed to take over behind the starter. but when your starter IS the young guy, i think having experienced vets behind him makes more sense.

solardave, Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 12:44 pm

Spoiler: Rudolph ends up quarterback of the Jets once Rodgers goes down for the year lol
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 7:20 pm

I actually like Mason and I think he's better than people think. Do I think he's a franchise guy or starter in the NFL? Not really, but he's a decent backup and he has a good attitude and acts like a professional.

Just last year Rudolph was having the best training camp out of all three of the QBs.

I guess I've never understood the distaste people have for him. He was actually playing alright as the starter that one season until that Ravens player got him with a dirty hit to the head and that was behind a pretty porous offensive line. I feel like if he were out there playing with the 1s he would look pretty decent. Its not like Trubisky is so much better.

Steeler-in-west and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySun Sep 03, 2023 9:48 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I actually like Mason and I think he's better than people think. Do I think he's a franchise guy or starter in the NFL? Not really, but he's a decent backup and he has a good attitude and acts like a professional.

Just last year Rudolph was having the best training camp out of all three of the QBs.

I guess I've never understood the distaste people have for him. He was actually playing alright as the starter that one season until that Ravens player got him with a dirty hit to the head and that was behind a pretty porous offensive line. I feel like if he were out there playing with the 1s he would look pretty decent. Its not like Trubisky is so much better.

I somewhat agree. He's not terrible. I don't think he has a great feel for the game, and he doesn't play to pick up first downs and that annoys me. That's the biggest thing that separates Pickett from the other two - his awareness of the first down marker and his knack for just moving the chains, whatever that takes.

Rudolph has a pretty strong arm. And he's decent. But if your team has to play him, unless your team is REALLY loaded - you're probably not going anywhere with him in there. That's why he's expendable, if they can move him they may do so if they get something out of it. But he's not so worthless that they are willing to just give him away either.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 1:06 am

i believe the dislike for masons stems from he doesnt have the ability to create something out of nothing. he doesn't improvise. if the play unfolds exactly the way it is drawn up, mason makes the play.  if it doesn't he panics and likely makes mistakes. we as steeler fans were spoiled by Ben turning a should have been sack into a positive gain by his ability to shake of defenders and throw a receiver open. mason doesnt have a problem hitting an open receiver. he throws a better deep ball than ben did. he just doesnt have good pocket awareness.

solardave and IowaSteeler927 like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 3:29 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i believe the dislike for masons stems from he doesnt have the ability to create something out of nothing. he doesn't improvise. if the play unfolds exactly the way it is drawn up, mason makes the play.  if it doesn't he panics and likely makes mistakes. we as steeler fans were spoiled by Ben turning a should have been sack into a positive gain by his ability to shake of defenders and throw a receiver open. mason doesnt have a problem hitting an open receiver. he throws a better deep ball than ben did. he just doesnt have good pocket awareness.
I think you really nailed it, MoP. I couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 6:07 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:

My biggest knock on him is his total lack of pocket presence. He doesn't slide and if their rush is there ...down goes Frazier.
Honestly I think we're still really weak at backup QB. Trubiski is inconsistent at best and Rudolph is a statue.
I miss Charley Batch.

If our Oline is as improved as it looked in preseason and KP gets injured and misses time we'll see what Mitch or Mason can do behind a line that isn't suspect.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 11:10 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

My biggest knock on him is his total lack of pocket presence. He doesn't slide and if their rush is there ...down goes Frazier.
Honestly I think we're still really weak at backup QB. Trubiski is inconsistent at best and Rudolph is a statue.
I miss Charley Batch.

If our Oline is as improved as it looked in preseason and KP gets injured and misses time we'll see what Mitch or Mason can do behind a line that isn't suspect.
Trubisky worries me - for the very reason you stated. He IS mobile. He CAN make accurate throws. But he is very inconsistent.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 11:24 am

Both of our backups have winning records in the NFL as starters. Not many other teams can boast that.

We are in a good place as far as Trubisky and Rudolph are concerned.
Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 1:55 pm

That new rule that the emergency QB doesn't count toward the gameday roster is the reason why Rudolph is kept.

Rudolph will look crappy most plays and then out of the blue throws a crazy beautiful bomb. Really inconsistent.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 04, 2023 9:36 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Both of our backups have winning records in the NFL as starters. Not many other teams can boast that.

My thought would be not to read much into a QB's win rate. That has a lot more to do with the team around the QB than just the QB. Perfect example being when Ben took over. Steelers had a tremendous defense and a good line, and he didn't have to be "great" most of the time for the Steelers to win. Put him on the 2022 Bears though, and well, you get the picture.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 3:34 am

I think behind our improved O-Line Trubisky and Rudolph are fine. Rudolph isn't really much different from a guy like Kirk Cousins. I'd say Cousins is more dynamic and possibly (very slightly) more mobile than Rudolph is but Cousins is a pure pocket passer as is Rudolph and those kinds of guys require an o-line than can hold up in pass pro. The o-line started to gel last season and from what I've seen so far in preseason they look to be improved, so I think even guys like Trubisky and Rudolph can flourish now and win games if called upon. I'm confident in our backup situation with all of the experience these guys have combined.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyWed Sep 06, 2023 6:46 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

My thought would be not to read much into a QB's win rate.  That has a lot more to do with the team around the QB than just the QB.  Perfect example being when Ben took over.  Steelers had a tremendous defense and a good line, and he didn't have to be "great" most of the time for the Steelers to win.  Put him on the 2022 Bears though, and well, you get the picture.

Wins in the NFL are wins. We have 3 QBs with winning records. Compare that with other teams and again... we are in a good spot regarding back up QBs.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 9:27 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I don't see why the Patriots** or any other team would trade for Rudolph. He was a FA for months and nobody wanted him. To everyone's surprise he came back to the Steelers because he couldn't find another team.

I wonder if it’s his limited mobility that kept him from getting offers. Mobile QB’s are the trend in the league now. I really think If Trubisky didn’t have the mobility he has he wouldn’t have an NFL job right now.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptySat Sep 09, 2023 9:36 pm

I’m not into trading either QB’s. I don’t think much of Trubisky, mentally he’s not there, he doesn’t make good decisions, and I also know Mason is limited athletically, although I think his pocket awareness seems to be getting better. Bottom line, KP has a concussion history already, so we need both backups as limited as they are.
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 12:00 am

Not so fast. Rudolph could be the best QB on the roster
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 12:30 am

Steeldude wrote:
Um, No.
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 4:19 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
Um, No.

How does it look now?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next