Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting

Go down 
+8
Shalieve5090
Wallace108
Great Randino
LambertWardSteel
tube517
Stella Nation
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 4:25 pm

Steeldude wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
Not so fast. Rudolph could be the best QB on the roster
Um, No.

How does it look now?

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 19, 2024 11:12 pm

Steeldude wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
Um, No.

How does it look now?
Um, still No.
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 3:37 am

Great Randino wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
Um, No.

How does it look now?
Um, still No.

Who is better? Pickett? We have all seen what Pickett can and cannot do. The cannot list is longer.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 1:00 pm

I want to see our QBs with a better Oline. Not gonna make excuses for Pickett but Mason Cole, Dan Moore, and Chuks Okorafor were not getting it done. Moore was getting beat to the outside regularly and Kenny had zero pocket to step up into to throw because Mason Coles ass was in his face.

Not to mention Matt Canada's pathetic predictable play calling.

Pickett didn't help his own cause with his innacurate throws either.

Just would like to see Rudolph, Pickett and another outside QB candidate have a full on competition with a quality OC and a good Center and quality tackles for protection.

Steeldude likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 2:49 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I want to see our QBs with a better Oline. Not gonna make excuses for Pickett but Mason Cole, Dan Moore, and Chuks Okorafor were not getting it done. Moore was getting beat to the outside regularly and Kenny had zero pocket to step up into to throw because Mason Coles ass was in his face.

Not to mention Matt Canada's pathetic predictable play calling.

Pickett didn't help his own cause with his innacurate throws either.

Just would like to see Rudolph, Pickett and another outside QB candidate ( not named Trubiski)have a full on competition with a quality OC and a good Center and quality tackles for protection.

Fixed it for you. Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 1797695198

SteelerFreak58, Great Randino and Steeldude like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 7:09 pm

I think SF really nailed it here (especially with SolarDave's little addition Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 1f601 .

I will say this: Yes I still believe Kenny Pickett is better. No, he didn't play well, until the end of his season when he started to put it together and then got hurt. Do I think Mason outplayed him down the stretch? Absolutely. But we know what Mason is. We've seen 6 years of him. He has a rocket down the field. Great for play-action and bomb down the field. He also, though, can't feel pressure. Never could. You have to be able to feel pressure. It is essential to the position. Especially if you aren't overly mobile.

I've seen much more upside with Kenny - including that "IT" factor. Ability to win games late. Having that IT factor is huge. The rest of his game has to get more consistent, or last year will be his last as a starting QB in this league. But I believe he has abilities that Mason does not possess.

You all can disagree with me on that - I completely respect that. I also respect the view that a REAL challenge at QB has to be present next year (see Solar Dave above).

So, that's where I stand with it. Agree or not, it's all okay. We're all Steelers fans, we love our team, we're here for the long haul. We may just have different opinions on how to get there.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 11:02 pm

it took drew brees 4 yrs before his breakout. i think a lot of people forgot he was drafted by the chargers and had 2 underwhelming seasons as a starter before the chargers gave up on him and acquired  Rivers. true story - my brother is a life long chargers fan. i told him that draft day the chargers were giving up on brees too soon.
then  BAM !!! he wins OPoY and CPoY.
the reason i predicted that about Brees is because i saw him make plays that i didnt feel your average QB makes.
the reason i'm reserved on my judgement about pickett so far is because i have yet to see that from pickett. he has yet to have what i consider an above average game. sure he has had a few comebacks, but the reason he had to make those comebacks was because he played bad early in the game. even during those games i didnt see him do anything i would consider impressive. i mean if you had to take every game he has played so far and make a 30 second highlight tape its not going to be very exciting. it would be 99% routine, scripted, game manger throws you would expect to see from any other QB.
take a look at Justin Fields for example. his stats are far from impressive. he doesnt have many W's under his belt. but what he does have is a few impressive performances on his resume and some plays you can look at and go....nice. check out his game against denver this year. it was a losing effort but no fault of fields. pickett has nothing that comes close to comparing to it. it was the kind of game that gives you hope that he could be a great QB.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 21, 2024 9:56 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
it took drew brees 4 yrs before his breakout. i think a lot of people forgot he was drafted by the chargers and had 2 underwhelming seasons as a starter before the chargers gave up on him and acquired  Rivers. true story - my brother is a life long chargers fan. i told him that draft day the chargers were giving up on brees too soon.
then  BAM !!! he wins OPoY and CPoY.
the reason i predicted that about Brees is because i saw him make plays that i didnt feel your average QB makes.
the reason i'm reserved on my judgement about pickett so far is because i have yet to see that from pickett. he has yet to have what i consider an above average game. sure he has had a few comebacks, but the reason he had to make those comebacks was because he played bad early in the game. even during those games i didnt see him do anything i would consider impressive. i mean if you had to take every game he has played so far and make a 30 second highlight tape its not going to be very exciting. it would be 99% routine, scripted, game manger throws you would expect to see from any other QB.
take a look at Justin Fields for example. his stats are far from impressive. he doesnt have many W's under his belt. but what he does have is a few impressive performances on his resume and some plays you can look at and go....nice. check out his game against denver this year. it was a losing effort but no fault of fields.  pickett has nothing that comes close to comparing to it. it was the kind of game that gives you hope that he could be a great QB.

I agree. I watch him and really really want to see some wow plays. Plays where the pocket collapses and he comes out the other end to complete a pass down field. Something,anything out of the ordinary. We can blame it on Canada,Tomlin,a terrible Oline but Ben came into the league with a pretty shitty line and he made chicken salad week in and week out.
Am I thinking KP could be the next Ben? Hell no but I'd like to feel comfortable that he can win games when his center and left tackle are JV at best.
I guess next year we're going to see if he is THE guy but right now I'm not seeing it.
They wasted money on Trubiski. Hell I would have rather seen Flacco Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 2744185472 as a backup.
Bottom line is they better bring in serious competition and a legitimate OC or the great Mike T. will suffer his first losing season. Then all we'll hear is how in 18 seasons he's only had one losing one. Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 2913999526 These people OBVIOUSLY don't share our definition of losing. Ours doesn't end 17 games in. Losing in the AFCCG or SB sucks but why don't we give it a try? I mean it's been awhile.All I'm saying is I'm tired of HOPING other teams help us in only to have reality set in. That reality being WE WEREN'T FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I've said it before on here about Tomlin and this old saying...."what you're doing speaks so loud that I can't hear what you're saying"!
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 23, 2024 6:20 am

solardave wrote:

I agree. I watch him and really really want to see some wow plays. Plays where the pocket collapses and he comes out the other end to complete a pass down field. Something,anything out of the ordinary. We can blame it on Canada,Tomlin,a terrible Oline but Ben came into the league with a pretty shitty line and he made chicken salad week in and week out.
Am I thinking KP could be the next Ben? Hell no but I'd like to feel comfortable that he can win games when his center and left tackle are JV at best.
I guess next year we're going to see if he is THE guy but right now I'm not seeing it.
They wasted money on Trubiski. Hell I would have rather seen Flacco Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 2744185472 as a backup.
Bottom line is they better bring in serious competition and a legitimate OC or the great Mike T. will suffer his first losing season. Then all we'll hear is how in 18 seasons he's only had one losing one. Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 2913999526 These people OBVIOUSLY don't share our definition of losing. Ours doesn't end 17 games in. Losing in the AFCCG or SB sucks but why don't we give it a try? I mean it's been awhile.All I'm saying is I'm tired of HOPING other teams help us in only to have reality set in. That reality being WE WEREN'T FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.
I've said it before on here about Tomlin and this old saying...."what you're doing speaks so loud that I can't hear what you're saying"!

We would need a HOFer QB to save this team from Tomlin's inability to coach.

Yes, a better O-line would do wonders, but with Pickett behind the center I just can't see him being anything more than a journeyman QB. Perhaps I am wrong and hopefully I am.

A new OC is a must.  The Steelers are going to need to win games in spite of Tomlin.

I am not a fan of the defense.  There is no consistency.  They have no name.  They can't impose their will on an opposing offense.  It sometimes looks like they just run around hoping their athleticism makes a play.  I wish they could merge athleticism/fundamentals/football IQ all together.

Mach1 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting   Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers: Mason Rudolph Trade Rumors Starting
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2