Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers

Go down 
+4
solardave
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
effyou515
8 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers Empty
PostSubject: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptySun May 15, 2022 7:01 am

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/22909/-Bad-blood--rumors-surfacing-around-Ben-Roethlisberger-and-Steelers

Wonder what ole date rapist is mad about now?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptySun May 15, 2022 10:14 am

effyou515 wrote:
https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/22909/-Bad-blood--rumors-surfacing-around-Ben-Roethlisberger-and-Steelers

Wonder what ole date rapist is mad about now?
I was just thinking to myself, I wonder why Effyou hasn't posted this yet? 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 2276209185

For now I will mark it as "unsubstantiated. I hope to heck there isn't "bad blood" - if anything he should be grateful, they did him a favor keeping him the last few years at the expense of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptySun May 15, 2022 11:04 am

Held on to him 3 years too long. Not sure how or why (if this is true) that Ben would have an issue with the team. His game play the last 4 years had deteriorated and the last two years were painfully obvious.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptySun May 15, 2022 3:12 pm

$26 Million (6th highest salary among QB's) in 2021 for the 29th ranked QB in the league.

He's got nothing to complain about.

For perspective, Huntley (Baltimore's backup) was ranked 26th.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyTue May 17, 2022 8:50 am

He could be just like Bradshaw. 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyTue May 17, 2022 11:47 am

solardave wrote:
He could be just like Bradshaw. 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 2087824411
Except without the 4 super bowl rings.

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyWed May 18, 2022 2:35 am

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 1647293567 You got me.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyWed May 18, 2022 12:00 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 1647293567 You got me.

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 2551600555
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptySun May 22, 2022 4:40 pm

https://theredzone.org/Blog-Description/EntryId/23040/Ben-Roethlisberger---My-coach-and-GM-don-t-want-me-back-

Ben Roethlisberger: ‘My coach and GM don’t want me back’

Quote :
John Luciew of Pennlive added some fuel to the fire this week writing that Ben Roethlisberger believes he can still play. But instead of ‘un-retiring’ like Tom Brady in Tampa, Roethlisberger knows the Steelers don’t want him back and are moving on without him.

That is right retire and go away.

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptySun May 22, 2022 8:17 pm

Its a damn shame he's got to be a dick about it. He had a great career - and the fan base is certainly appreciative of all the success he helped bring here.

But he is DONE. Has been for a couple of years now. They tried to be as gracious as possible, and if anything they were too gracious. The Steelers are a classy outfit and we are all proud of that.

How can he not see that his time in the NFL is over? It is blatantly obvious.

There's not a single team in the NFL that would sign him to a contact, either. If he really believes he can still play, he should try and sign with someone and see that for himself.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyMon May 23, 2022 3:58 am

Highly, highly doubt there's bad blood. I think the media is taking something and twisting it into something it's not just so they can drum up some drama. Typical sports urinalism. I think Ben knew it was time to hang them up and they gave him about as awesome a send-off as a guy could possibly ask for. As soon as I read this I dismissed it, the quote that "my coach and GM don't want me back" was probably made in jest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyMon May 23, 2022 11:31 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Highly, highly doubt there's bad blood. I think the media is taking something and twisting it into something it's not just so they can drum up some drama. Typical sports urinalism. I think Ben knew it was time to hang them up and they gave him about as awesome a send-off as a guy could possibly ask for. As soon as I read this I dismissed it, the quote that "my coach and GM don't want me back" was probably made in jest.
Good point and I hope you're right. They reeled me in, though.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyWed Jun 01, 2022 8:00 pm

There is no bad blood. I've never ever seen a player get that kind of send off. Ben knew he was done. Don't know why effyou515 hates him but he is my favorite Steeler EVER. Going to be strange not seeing him.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 12:39 am

vasteeler wrote:
There is no bad blood. I've never ever seen a player get that kind of send off. Ben knew he was done. Don't know why effyou515 hates him but he is my favorite Steeler EVER. Going to be strange not seeing him.

Hate is a pretty strong word when you don't know me. Good thing he was a franchise QB during his drunken date rape days Steelers kept him out of jail.

Liked Ben as a football player guess I don't get as deep as you in liking a football player been a Steelers fan since the about 1970 seen a bunch of Steelers football talent come and go.

Time for some new QB drama.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 5:47 am

I put the odds that Ben can still play in the same % as AB retiring as a Steeler. The difference is I think Ben is not delusional.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 3:46 pm

effyou515 wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Hate is a pretty strong word when you don't know me. Good thing he was a franchise QB during his drunken date rape days Steelers kept him out of jail.

Liked Ben as a football player guess I don't get as deep as you in liking a football player been a Steelers fan since the about 1970 seen a bunch of Steelers football talent come and go.

Time for some new QB drama.

My apologies, shouldn't have used hate.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyThu Jun 02, 2022 10:56 pm

Hmmm. This is the first I'm hearing of this, but here's what I've gathered in less than 5 minutes of research ...

The link in the original post goes to a blog, which stole the info from a New York Post article. Both the blog and article reference a Gerry Dulac Q&A where a reader asks about "bad blood" between Ben and the Steelers. Dulac responds by saying it's safe to assume that.

But there was more to the question that both the blog and article didn't mention. Here's the exchange ..

Billy Bob: Is there bad blood between the Steelers and Big Ben with how his career ended. Was he ready to retire or was it a Troy type situation where he was forced into it?
Gerry Dulac: I would say it's very very safe to assume that.

There's actually 2 separate questions there, and it's not clear which one Dulac is saying it's safe to assume. The blog and article assume he's responding to the bad blood question. He very well could have meant that it's safe to assume Ben really wasn't ready to retire, but the Steelers weren't going to bring him back. That's likely since it was the last question asked. And even if that's true ... and remember, we're just assuming ... it doesn't necessarily mean there's bad blood between them.

It's safe to assume that the blog and article made a wrong assumption based on an unclear response from Dulac.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

vasteeler and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyFri Jun 03, 2022 3:28 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Hmmm. This is the first I'm hearing of this, but here's what I've gathered in less than 5 minutes of research ...

The link in the original post goes to a blog, which stole the info from a New York Post article. Both the blog and article reference a Gerry Dulac Q&A where a reader asks about "bad blood" between Ben and the Steelers. Dulac responds by saying it's safe to assume that.

But there was more to the question that both the blog and article didn't mention. Here's the exchange ..

Billy Bob: Is there bad blood between the Steelers and Big Ben with how his career ended. Was he ready to retire or was it a Troy type situation where he was forced into it?
Gerry Dulac: I would say it's very very safe to assume that.

There's actually 2 separate questions there, and it's not clear which one Dulac is saying it's safe to assume. The blog and article assume he's responding to the bad blood question. He very well could have meant that it's safe to assume Ben really wasn't ready to retire, but the Steelers weren't going to bring him back. That's likely since it was the last question asked. And even if that's true ... and remember, we're just assuming ... it doesn't necessarily mean there's bad blood between them.

It's safe to assume that the blog and article made a wrong assumption based on an unclear response from Dulac.

Good point Wally. Actually, I'd be surprised, given where Ben was physically last season, that he was forced out. I think he knew he was done.

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 9:27 am

at least got some traffic on this tread 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 1797695198 no hurt feeling here how about you?

So the QB starting at the start of training camp is Trubisky

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyTue Jun 14, 2022 8:23 pm

effyou515 wrote:
at least got some traffic on this tread 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 1797695198 no hurt feeling here how about you?

As to be expected. I would be surprised if he's not the starter on opening night.

I would also be surprised if Mason Rudolph is still on the roster by then.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 5:59 am

Great Randino wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

As to be expected.  I would be surprised if he's not the starter on opening night.

I agree that Trubisky remains the starter but I think Rudolph will be our #3 while asking for a trade. I just think all 3 are suitable for Canada's offense but Rudolph is the least talented of the 3. Of course I could be wrong. 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 2981382511
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers EmptyWed Jun 15, 2022 2:06 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

As to be expected.  I would be surprised if he's not the starter on opening night.

I agree that Trubisky remains the starter but I think Rudolph will be our #3 while asking for a trade. I just think all 3 are suitable for Canada's offense but Rudolph is the least talented of the 3. Of course I could be wrong. 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers 2981382511

Two young #1 QB draft picks in the same QB room one has to be a standout starter Trubisky knows and has seen NFL game speed I like both QBs.

With the o-line additions the Steelers should have a good inside running game to counter off of.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers   'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

'Bad blood' rumors surfacing around Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers
Page 1 of 1