Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC

Go down 
+6
solardave
Stella Nation
Master_Of_Puppets
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 11:54 am

solardave wrote:
With Tomlin, Khan, and Art II all saying on record that KP is their guy I really can't see it making sense to bring in a guy like Russel Wilson. That would be admitting KP is NOT their guy. Even after saying this knowing a move like this would be uncharacteristic, it wouldn't surprise me.

What they say as opposed to what they do will tell us a lot.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 1:47 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
With Tomlin, Khan, and Art II all saying on record that KP is their guy I really can't see it making sense to bring in a guy like Russel Wilson. That would be admitting KP is NOT their guy. Even after saying this knowing a move like this would be uncharacteristic, it wouldn't surprise me.

What they say as opposed to what they do will tell us a lot.
Agree.

I agree with SolarDave too. I do NOT see Russell coming here. I DO see someone like Tannehill.

Reading between the tea-leaves, I do believe they will bring in competition. I think they'd go for Justin Fields if it were only going to cost a 3rd, but I believe it will cost someone (Falcons probably) a 2nd or higher. So I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they drafted someone. But I don't think they will give up draft capital to move up - I think they will draft someone later.

They are saying "KP is our guy BUT..." that's how I read it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 4:00 pm

i just learned something new recently. i always thought they had to decide on the 5th year option after year 4 . i mean that seems logical. it turns out it is after year 3 they have to decide. so they have till may 2nd to decide if they wanna pay Najee 6.8 million for his services in 2025. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 1505004552 i wouldnt be a buyer at that price for any RB not named McCaferty , but the steelers seldom do what i would do. i dont care that he has three, 1000 yd seasons. the 1000 yd benchmark stopped being impressive when they went from 14 games to 16. now there is 17 ... Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 798776511
anywho... my thoughts were they had 2 more year to evaluate kenny , but they dont. Shocked
if they are seriously undecided on kenny , they need him to start this year. they are kinda painted in to the corner this year with the QB situation. the only case anyone can make for kenny right now for not passing the eye test is he had a very bad OC to contend with. there is a strong defense to be made with that evidence. bad coaching is hard to overcome. kevin dotson is about to get himself a big fat contract for simply leaving bad coaching. i myself keep thinking back to all the seemingly easy plays kenny should have made this year had he just been able to put the ball on target.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 1:11 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i just learned something new recently. i always thought they had to decide on the 5th year option after year 4 . i mean that seems logical.  it turns out it is after year 3 they have to decide. so they have till may 2nd to decide if they wanna pay Najee 6.8 million for his services in 2025. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 1505004552  i wouldnt be a buyer at that price for any RB not named McCaferty , but the steelers seldom do what i would do. i dont care that he has three,  1000 yd seasons. the 1000 yd benchmark stopped being impressive when they went from 14 games to 16. now there is 17 ... Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 798776511
anywho... my thoughts were they had 2 more year to evaluate kenny , but they dont.  Shocked
if they are seriously undecided on kenny , they need him to start this year.  they are kinda painted in to the corner this year with the QB situation. the only case anyone can make for kenny  right now for not passing the eye test  is he had a very bad OC to contend with. there is a strong defense to be made with that evidence. bad coaching is hard to overcome. kevin dotson is about to get himself a big fat contract for simply leaving bad coaching. i myself keep thinking back to all the seemingly easy plays kenny should have made this year had he just been able to put the ball on target.

He has accuracy issues for sure but was that because of piss poor pass blocking and him getting happy feet and being jittery in the nonexistent pocket? Or was it him just fucking sucking ass and he can't make the easy throws?

We all agree the OC was dog shit. The pass blocking by Moore, Cole, and Okorafor was abysmal for Pickett. However, like you mention Kenny missed a lot of easy throws that would have either scored points or killed drives an awful lot of times this last year. He regressed in all areas as far as I could see.

It's a difficult call to make. They made a huge mistake keeping Canada around last year but I know why they did they didn't want Kenny having to switch to a new OC in year two and wanted continuity. Now they are no closer to any answers though.

Personally I thought Pickett missed on way too many easy throws or missed throwing to wide open receivers when there were opportunities. Even with Canada's shit play calling He could have helped him self out a lot of times last year but didn't.

Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 02, 2024 3:24 am

if only the steelers had like a supervisor type of guy , someone to over see the players and coordinators.
someone that had the authority to over ride the coordinators when their game plans aint working, and can tell them to change shit up. someone who could bench players when they arent producing desired results or start acting like fools. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 3135543967
cheap ass Rooney needs to put someone like that on the payroll. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 294855916

on a positive note, it appears the steelers will retain their QB coach.  he has been a vital part to kenny's growth thus far.  Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 1505004552
what this team needs is a new freakin owner. someone less accepting of incompetent coaching.  Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 2625562446 .

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 7:03 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if only the steelers had like a supervisor type of guy , someone to over see the players and coordinators.
someone that had the authority to over ride the coordinators when their game plans aint working, and can tell them to change shit up. someone who could bench players when they arent producing desired results or start acting like fools. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 3135543967
cheap ass Rooney needs to put someone like that on the payroll. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 294855916

on a positive note, it appears the steelers will retain their QB coach.  he has been a vital part to kenny's growth thus far.  Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 1505004552
what this team needs is a new freakin owner. someone less accepting of incompetent coaching.  Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 2625562446 .

As usual, I agree with you. The only thing you said I don't agree with is about the new owner. Here's why

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/05/back-with-steelers-organization-daniel-martin-rooney-still-viewed-as-successor-when-time-comes/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 03, 2024 3:05 pm

Never want the Steelers to be owned by anyone but the Rooneys. Even if you end up with a "not as good" Rooney, there are always others coming up through the ranks, such as this one.

Besides, you might just end up with a Dan Snyder type jerk (or Jerrah Jones).

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 3:30 am

Great Randino wrote:
Never want the Steelers to be owned by anyone but the Rooneys.  Even if you end up with a "not as good" Rooney, there are always others coming up through the ranks, such as this one.

YEP! That scares me too. We could turn into the Browns in which case we'd give up 2 1rst rounders and pay 250 mil guaranteed to the likes of Fields. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2024 3:35 am

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
Never want the Steelers to be owned by anyone but the Rooneys.  Even if you end up with a "not as good" Rooney, there are always others coming up through the ranks, such as this one.

YEP! That scares me too. We could turn into the Browns in which case we'd give up 2 1rst rounders and pay 250 mil guaranteed to the likes of Fields. Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 1505004552
Or let a panhandler pick our #1 pick for us Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC   Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers hire Arthur Smith as OC
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3