Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks

Go down 
+3
vasteeler
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks Empty
PostSubject: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 5:33 pm

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-make-roster-moves-x9339
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 5:56 pm

Whiff... wasted 3rd rounder with Okorafor... 🤬
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 7:52 pm

Great start!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 10:10 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Whiff... wasted 3rd rounder with Okorafor... 🤬
the 3rd round pick is excusable. what is not excusable is the freakin 3 year, 29 million contract they gave him Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2625562446 he shouldnt have gotten half of that money.
i dont expect 10 mill a year to buy an elite tackle, but it should at least get you an average or slightly above tackle. i mean that looks like some government level
contract negotiations where a brief case full of money is slid under the table. they should check colberts bank records.

SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 11:44 am

They keep talking Fields. I really don't want him. Ohio state QBs are trash

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 12:09 pm

All 3 needed to go. Good moves. I'd love to see us get in a position to release Cole but I know that's unlikely. Hopefully we address that in the draft. Right now I'm putting my faith in Omar since I think he's done a pretty damn good job so far.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:

He had a lot of accuracy issues with the Bears. I wouldn't want him either.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 12:45 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Shalieve5090 wrote:

He had a lot of accuracy issues with the Bears. I wouldn't want him either.
. I just don't want to run it back with a Bears outcast again. We see how well that worked last time out...

On the other side of things, I would totally take C.J. Stroud of the Texans hands. Buckeye QB and he's the real thing.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 4:12 pm

If they give up a 3rd or 4th for Fields I don't mind but definitely not a 1 or 2. They need those to shore up the Oline.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 6:26 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
If they give up a 3rd or 4th for Fields I don't mind but definitely not a 1 or 2. They need those to shore up the Oline.
I personally think the Bears are going to be begging to get Fields back after that hand the reigns to Caleb Williams.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 10:26 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/oddsmakers-now-favor-justin-fields-011800730.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 10:06 am

Great Randino wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/oddsmakers-now-favor-justin-fields-011800730.html?.tsrc=fp_deeplink

Fields for a 3rd round pick I would go for anything higher and it's not worth it. He is a gifted athlete but has accuracy issues and the Bears ruined that young man.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 11:26 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

Fields for a 3rd round pick I would go for anything higher and it's not worth it. He is a gifted athlete but has accuracy issues and the Bears ruined that young man.
He would be good competition for Kenny to have to beat out for the starting role.

Arthur Smith could be the wildcard too. He's resurrected quite a few QB's careers - so it would be interesting to see what he would do with both of these young QB's.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 3:51 pm

i believe fields would beat pickett in a legit competition. he has a better arm and is a much better athlete. that leaves accuracy and what is between the ears. Pickett thus far hasnt exactly impressed with accuracy or decision making. they both have suffered from poor coaching.

when i watch this video i see..."more"...then i have seen from kenny. he isnt afraid to push the ball down field. he definitely has more zip on his passes. he looks more confident. he is way more likely to dodge a pass rush despite taking a lot of sacks.

i will also add, i think the odds of tannenhill being on the roster this years is much higher than fields. i dont think they actually want someone to replace kenny, they just want someone who can make him sweat. someone to push him to up his game. they havent given up on kenny and they shouldnt. Rudolph's 3 game win streak made tomlin look like a clueless fool just as much as the games following canada's firing. how Rooney can have any confidence in him to make the right decisions is astonishing. i mean when you fire your OC and put in your 3rd string QB and immediately look like a different team for the better, what does that say about your ability to evaluate what /who gives your team the best chance to win ? does he even attend practices or watch game film ?

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 4:17 pm

Yeah I am guess8ng Tannehill comes in. He is more economic wise to the Steelers liking. Smith has a history with him. Tannehill will push Pickett for the #1 spot but he won't really take it if Kenny shows promise in camp and preseason.

It's a much easier out for the Steelers. If they take Fields they are definitely saying Pickett is a bust and they are moving in a different direction. They won't say it outright but if they go out and get Fields it's pretty much a given.

If they fix the Oline issues it will go a long way to help any QB that starts day 1.

Master_Of_Puppets, solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 5:22 pm

does anyone really believe there was a legit QB competition last year ? did mason actually have the opportunity to be anything but 3rd string ? looks to me like they were slotted based on what they had invested in them.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 5:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
does anyone really believe there was a legit QB competition last year ? did mason actually have the opportunity to be anything but 3rd string ?  looks to me like they were slotted based on what they had invested in them.

Nope there was absolutely zero QB competition. I did say I thought Mason showed up and played better then Trubisky in preseason.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 6:22 am

You guys are right about the lack of competition last year and unless they bring in a veteran QB there probably won't be again this year. Mason in my opinion earned the right to compete at least for #2.
I would resign him and go after RT. I'm not ready to say KP is a bust because Canada and a subpar Oline. That's why.
I also think going after a QB in the draft would be a waste. Sign a non drafted QB or a  vet min for a camp body.

I would take any ones of these guys if they're there at #20.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/C/1/2024

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 1:21 pm

solardave wrote:
You guys are right about the lack of competition last year and unless they bring in a veteran QB there probably won't be again this year. Mason in my opinion earned the right to compete at least for #2.
I would resign him and go after RT. I'm not ready to say KP is a bust because Canada and a subpar Oline. That's why.
I also think going after a QB in the draft would be a waste. Sign a non drafted QB or a  vet min for a camp body.

He's awful close to  being a bust in my book. Real close.

As for going for a QB in the draft a 4th rounder one that is smart and accurate I wouldn't mind spending on to let Kenny know he better step the fuck up and give some competition.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 3:41 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:

As for going for a QB in the draft a 4th rounder one that is smart and accurate I wouldn't mind spending on to let Kenny know he better step the fuck up and give some competition.

My question is what if KP has already reached his ceiling? All of a sudden we're back to the post Bradshaw days of QB agony for a few years. Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2744185472 What's happened to MR is similar to what Bubby Brister saw. I thought he was the best of the bunch back then but was up against Malone who I thought was Tom Selleck in disguise and Tod Blackledge. Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2893009358
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubby_Brister

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 1:09 pm

solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:

My question is what if KP has already reached his ceiling? All of a sudden we're back to the post Bradshaw days of QB agony for a few years. Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2744185472 What's happened to MR is similar to what Bubby Brister saw. I thought he was the best of the bunch back then but was up against Malone who I thought was Tom Selleck in disguise and Tod Blackledge.  Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2893009358

Pickett has reached his ceiling. The problem was

#1 Matt Canada as OC and his predictable play calling.

#2 Dan Moore, Mason Cole, and Chuks Okorafor's pass blocking was pretty bad this year. Cole was getting pushed back and Pickett was not able to step up and throw in the pocket. Moore was rated as the worst starting LT pass blocking and Okorafor wasn't much better.

#3 WRs were running wrong and or half passed routes.

The question moving forward is are they going to fix the Oline and give whoever ends up being QB a pocket they can move into.

It will not matter much whoever they get at QB if they don't fix the problems in the trench. Tomlin needs to get over his obsession with "versatility" and get guys that can play their spot extremely well.

They got rid of their Strength and conditioning coaches and I think that was a key point for the team over all that really hasn't been talked about too much. If they get new strength and conditioning people that do the job well you are going to see some big improvements on both sides of the ball.

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 6:55 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
solardave wrote:

My question is what if KP has already reached his ceiling? All of a sudden we're back to the post Bradshaw days of QB agony for a few years. Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2744185472 What's happened to MR is similar to what Bubby Brister saw. I thought he was the best of the bunch back then but was up against Malone who I thought was Tom Selleck in disguise and Tod Blackledge.  Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks 2893009358

Pickett has reached his ceiling. The problem was

#1 Matt Canada as OC and his predictable play calling.

#2 Dan Moore, Mason Cole, and Chuks Okorafor's pass blocking was pretty bad this year. Cole was getting pushed back and Pickett was not able to step up and throw in the pocket. Moore was rated as the worst starting LT pass blocking and Okorafor wasn't much better.

#3 WRs were running wrong and or half passed routes.

The question moving forward is are they going to fix the Oline and give whoever ends up being QB a pocket they can move into.

It will not matter much whoever they get at QB if they don't fix the problems in the trench. Tomlin needs to get over his obsession with "versatility" and get guys that can play their spot extremely well.

They got rid of their Strength and conditioning coaches and I think that was a key point for the team over all that really hasn't been talked about too much. If they get new strength and conditioning people that do the job well you are going to see some big improvements on both sides of the ball.

I agree with you, very real factors working against Kenny last year, I think you really nailed it.

Which means perhaps...

Kenny has reached his floor. Maybe his ceiling is much, much higher. This next year will tell the tale.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks EmptyTue Feb 20, 2024 3:04 am

Happy to see all three gone. They all sucked, especially Harvin.

Now go get Arraiza, or draft Tory Taylor with a late pick and we'll be set at Punter. Address OT through the draft, and bring in a Veteran QB and have an actual QB competition in camp.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks   Roster News:  Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks Empty

Back to top Go down

Roster News: Steelers release Harvin, Trubisky and Chuks
Page 1 of 1