Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers trade for Justin Fields

Go down 
+4
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
Shalieve5090
Great Randino
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 5:15 pm

thats what im sayin. bears fans got a good look at him and they saw potential and things to like enough to want to build around. bears fans are very very familiar with shitty QB's and they dont think fields is a shitty QB. who would know better than them ? the podcast i was watching had 4 bears that blamed the media for diminishing his value.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 6:36 pm

Rumor leaked that Fields wanted to come here and 4 other teams he had a choice of. That right there tells me a lot. The young man is smart. He knows he can sit and learn and absorb and when it's his turn he can show his skills to a team he wanted to play for that can be on the cusp of greatness.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-news/2024/3/17/24104230/justin-fields-choose-steelers-over-other-suitors-chicago-bears-nfl-trade-2024
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 6:47 pm

I'm a Buckeyes fan too. I think you guys are really going to like Justin Fields. He's a good smart kid with a good attitude. And he's got a LOT of athleticism.

We upgraded the QB room in a big way and a very smart way. Kudos to Khan, he's a genius.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2024 8:00 pm

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2024 6:01 am

Whether it's RW JF starting this year, I think our offense can be explosive. Smith just needs to bring out the best in all of these guys by a game plan that maximizes their skill sets.
I think this will be the best 1-2 QB room since Ben & Charlie.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:55 pm

He is a one-read QB that holds the ball too long. This is not a QB that can lead a team through the playoffs. Sure, he will make a highlight play once in awhile, but that's it. Tomlin loves inconsistent splash players.
Back to top Go down
Steeldude
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 12:59 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Fields the last 20 games...

Drop backs =  668
Comp % =  62%
Yds per att = 6.8
TDs/Int's.  =  26-14
Rush TDs = 9

I dare ya to compare Picketts #s... it's not even close in any way shape or form. We got Fields for peanuts and he is better in every facet.

Here are his career stat averages per season...

Passing yards: 2224
Passing TDs: 13.3
INTs: 10
Rushing yards: 740
Rushing TDs: 4.6
Fumbles: 5.3
Sacked: 45

Sacked an average of 45 times per season? Bad O-line, can't sense pressure or holds ball too long becasue he can't read a defense?

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 1:23 am

Steeldude wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Drop backs =  668
Comp % =  62%
Yds per att = 6.8
TDs/Int's.  =  26-14
Rush TDs = 9

I dare ya to compare Picketts #s... it's not even close in any way shape or form. We got Fields for peanuts and he is better in every facet.

Sacked an average of 45 times per season? Bad O-line, can't sense pressure or holds ball too long becasue he can't read a defense?

Let's give him some time in the pocket and find out. RW tends to hold the ball too long as well, so the same applies.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 9:47 pm

solardave wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Drop backs =  668
Comp % =  62%
Yds per att = 6.8
TDs/Int's.  =  26-14
Rush TDs = 9

Let's give him some time in the pocket and find out. RW tends to hold the ball too long as well, so the same applies.
I like the "Let's give him a chance" plan. Sometimes a player just needs the right situation, the right system, to flourish.

Interesting and encouraging to me to observe how much Justin progressed this season. About mid-season he really took off. Too many times, people give up too early on young QB's.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 1:57 am

Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Drop backs =  668
Comp % =  62%
Yds per att = 6.8
TDs/Int's.  =  26-14
Rush TDs = 9

I like the "Let's give him a chance" plan.  Sometimes a player just needs the right situation, the right system, to flourish.

Interesting and encouraging to me to observe how much Justin progressed this season.  About mid-season he really took off.  Too many times, people give up too early on young QB's.

So do you think they gave up on KP too soon? I think his attitude was a major factor in the trade decision. It appears to have worked out for us. Barring an injury to Hurts I don't think KP will be happy in Philly. I also think there was drama on the horizon with him.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 3:52 am

I am very happy to see Pickett gone, dude seemed to have a sense of entitlement but his level of play never justified having such an attitude. 12TD passes in two full seasons with all of the weapons Pickett had at his disposal is plainly unacceptable. I just don't see him doing anything but being a backup/journeyman in this league. He just doesn't have the accuracy and consistency you need from your QB to consistently put points on the board. He missed so many open opportunities last season, I don't think he sees the field well. Rudolph really made a laughing stock of him when he ended up coming off of the bench and looking like a million bucks compared to Pickett who was supposed to be the next best thing.

I'm happy we have Wilson and Fields. We're miles ahead of where we were last season with Pickett and Trubisky as the #1 and #2 guys. I am beyond happy I don't have to watch Pickett miss wide open receivers or Trubisky airmailing passes into the stands.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 am

i spent a lot of time in my youth hanging out in a pool hall and bars. i have shot thousands of games of pool and played even played in a bar pool league. i was pretty good, and won more often than i lost, BUT... my game never went to the level some of my peers were at. i hit my peak , and my peak was just better than average, not great. no matter how much i practiced i couldnt hit the next level.

pickett played 52 games for pitt over 5 years and threw 1,674 passes. he had waaay more time on the field than most QB's coming out of college plus 2 years in the NFL. he is maxed out. i think he may be a bit better under competent coaching, but as a passer he is as good as he is going to get.his arm is not going to get stronger, and his accuracy and ability to read a defense is what it is.

solardave, IowaSteeler927 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 4:35 pm

solardave wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
solardave wrote:
Steeldude wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Drop backs =  668
Comp % =  62%
Yds per att = 6.8
TDs/Int's.  =  26-14
Rush TDs = 9

I like the "Let's give him a chance" plan.  Sometimes a player just needs the right situation, the right system, to flourish.

Interesting and encouraging to me to observe how much Justin progressed this season.  About mid-season he really took off.  Too many times, people give up too early on young QB's.

So do you think they gave up on KP too soon? I think his attitude was a major factor in the trade decision. It appears to have worked out for us. Barring an injury to Hurts I don't think KP will be happy in Philly. I also think there was drama on the horizon with him.

Yes, I do. That said, if he had a bad attitude you gotta trade him. And I'm happy we've got Justin Fields, I think he's a really good kid and a very promising QB.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i spent a lot of time in my youth hanging out in a pool hall and bars. i have shot thousands of games of pool and played even played in a bar pool league. i was pretty good, and won more often than i lost, BUT... my game never went to the level some of my peers were at. i hit my peak , and my peak was just better than average, not  great. no matter how much i practiced i couldnt hit the next level.

pickett played 52 games for pitt over 5 years and threw 1,674 passes. he had waaay more time on the field than most QB's coming out of college plus 2 years in the NFL.  he is maxed out. i think he may be a bit better under competent coaching, but as a passer he is as good as he is going to get.his arm is not going to get stronger, and his accuracy and ability to read a defense is what it is.

Well put MoP I wholeheartedly agree.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 6:41 pm

One thing I have read a lot about is that a ton if Chicago Bears team mates are sad to see Fields go and wanted him to stay their QB. They said he was one of the hardest workers and an excellent team mate and wish the organization would have supported him better. That says a lot about him as a player and a person.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2024 9:55 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
One thing I have read a lot about is that a ton if Chicago Bears team mates are sad to see Fields go and wanted him to stay their QB. They said he was one of the hardest workers and an excellent team mate and wish the organization would have supported him better. That says a lot about him as a player and a person.
i said in a post before that a lot of chicago FANS were still in fields corner. team mates can be biased by personal relationships, but fans ? fans only care about the W's and attack anyone and everyone they feel is a road block to those W's. Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 1797695198

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 2:37 am

This deal with Fields could be the best since James Farrior. Way too soon but who knows? Maybe a new OC/Team is just what he needs for his career to take off and I couldn't think of a better place.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2024 8:31 pm

solardave wrote:
This deal with Fields could be the best since James Farrior. Way too soon but who knows? Maybe a new OC/Team is just what he needs for his career to take off and I couldn't think of a better place.

He is a gifted athletic freak. Just hope we get him.some protection and let him get comfortable. Way better over all athlete then Pickett is. He got put in a shitty situation in Chicago. Multiple Coaches, multiple Ofensive Coordinators, and a pretty suspect Oline from what I have learned. Chicago didn't set him up for success and the kod never once complained or said anything negative.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 EmptyToday at 4:16 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
thats what im sayin. bears fans got a good look at him and they saw potential and things to like enough to want to build around. bears fans are very very familiar with shitty QB's and they dont think fields is a shitty QB. who would know better than them ? the podcast i was watching had 4 bears that blamed the media for diminishing his value.

I wholeheartedly believe that if the Bears were just more patient they could've just continued to build the team around Justin Fields but when you've been at the bottom of the league for as long as the Bears have, I think it makes the FO and Coaching Staff a lot more prone to acting on impulse instead of being patient. I think Fields is in the best situation right now. He's got a Veteran QB in Russell Wilson to learn from, a good mature coaching staff, and he doesn't have all the pressure of the world on him like he did in Chicago. My gut tells me it's the Russell Wilson show, but who knows? Perhaps Fields balls out in camp and takes Wilson's job. At the very least I think Fields is going to see some snaps in certain offensive packages. Gives Arthur Smith yet another tool in his toolbox to play around with.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers trade for Justin Fields   Steelers trade for Justin Fields - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers trade for Justin Fields
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2