Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help

Go down 
+4
JonM229
vasteeler
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help Empty
PostSubject: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 5:02 am

Updated: September 27, 2011, 3:40 PM ET
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Marcus Gilbert and Doug Legursky's left shoulders appear to be OK. Maybe. Jonathan Scott's left ankle remains tender but not terrible. Probably.

Still, if you're an out-of-work offensive lineman, there could be a call from the Pittsburgh Steelers in your near future.

AFC North blog
ESPN.com's Jamison Hensley writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday the Steelers are "open to looking to maybe bring someone in" this week to provide the team with some much-needed depth after three starters had to be helped off the field during Sunday night's 23-20 victory over Indianapolis.

Tomlin stressed the team is looking for depth, not someone to show up on Wednesday and be ready to play in Sunday's game at Houston.

"It would just be for practice purposes only," Tomlin said.

At least, as of now. Given the perpetual state of flux the line has been for the last two seasons, Tomlin knows it's too early to rule anything out.

(Read More:) http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7027285/mike-tomlin-says-pittsburgh-steelers-looking-offensive-line-depth

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It doesn't look like Flozell's in the works. Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 1505004552

I guess it's more of a cap space thing than anything else with him, but damn we need him. Never should have let him AND Starks go. Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 294855916

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:39 am

I love me some Tomlin, but damn he can be stubborn. Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 2913999526

I can understand sticking by your guys, but that O-line needs some serious help. STAT!!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:28 am

hopefully they have gelled this week and are going to unleash hell on Houston's d-line

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 11:35 am

vasteeler wrote:
hopefully they have gelled this week and are going to unleash hell on Houston's d-line

I'm pretty sure that phrase only leads to bad things for you guys.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:52 pm

vasteeler wrote:

Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 1824088959

DAMN YOU, VA!!!!! Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 2625562446

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I love me some Tomlin, but damn he can be stubborn. Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 2913999526

I can understand sticking by your guys, but that O-line needs some serious help. STAT!!

with that o-line is just a matter of time before Ben gets hurt
i just hope it will not be a season ending injury
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:56 am

Stating the obvious!

This is like me saying, "I need a job that pays me a better salary!"

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 5:23 am

We for sure need some help. Can't understand how Tomlin can't see the elephant in the room. Why is it all the other teams can manipulate the cap and we can't?

I agree we should have held on to Flozell but I always thought Starks was lazy and an underachiever.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help EmptyFri Sep 30, 2011 1:39 pm

really the Steelers need o-line help didn't see this l throught it was the game plan for Ben to run around and dodge defenders. have Mendy dance in the backfield to find no hole to run through. Throught the coaches were trying to get Mendy on Dancing with the Stars. Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help 1841364231
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help   Mike Tomlin: Steelers need O-line help Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1