Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)

Go down 
+7
SteelCityMom
Wallace108
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
supytalpeht
Buddha Bus
JonM229
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 3:51 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
I like Jon, so don't kill him Truck. Just take a non-vital internal organ or two. The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 3798349058

I heard kidneys and lungs have a great going rate. I'm sure I could get enough to get myself a new truck and keep Jon alive.

I meant through poisoning, not harvesting. The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 1797695198

But hey.... if you wanna cut me in on the profits, I'll fill the motel bathtub with ice. The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 2981382511

Only if you help with the 'others'

If Wally's one of the "others", consider it done. The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 344726530

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 5:43 pm

The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 FDg2N

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:19 pm

The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 563201_10100178562112463_57208302_39829094_337542098_n

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:02 am

Best Tailgating Dips For Pittsburgh Steelers Games
September 9, 2012 8:00 AM

Chips and dip has fast become a tailgating staple because it is often quick to make, easy to transport and ideal for sharing. If you’re looking to feed an entire roster of Steelers fans this season, here are three uniquely Pittsburgh dips that are guaranteed to score big at your next tailgating party.

Gridiron Potato Dip
Potato lovers unite with this creamy, mashed potato-based dip taken from Pittsburgh’s own Heinz Kitchens’ “Tailgate Cookin’” booklet. Gridiron Potato Dip is best served with pita or bagel chips and fresh vegetables like bell pepper wedges or carrots and celery sticks.

Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes

Ingredients:

2 cups frozen Ore-Ida Mashed Potatoes (firmly packed)
1 cup milk
Half-cup light or regular ranch salad dressing
Half-cup red, orange and/or yellow bell peppers, chopped
Half-cup plum tomatoes, chopped
Fourth-cup red onion or chives, chopped
Fourth-cup pitted Kalamata or ripe olives, chopped
Fourth-teaspoon each of salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:

Prepare your frozen Ore-Ida Mashed Potatoes according the directions on the package using 1 cup of milk. This will take 6 minutes in the microwave or about 4 minutes on the stovetop. Combine the remaining ingredients with the potatoes and stir. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Recipe makes 3 cups of dip.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/09/best-tailgating-dips-for-pittsburgh-steelers-games/

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:03 am

Jalapeño Iron City Beer Dip
No Pittsburgh tailgating party dip would be complete without a little Iron City beer, a black-and-gold favorite that pairs well with a loaf of fresh-baked pumpernickel.

Cook time: 1 hour

Ingredients:

16 ounces Philly Cream Cheese, softened
16 ounce jalapeño cheese spread
1 jalapeño, finely minced
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon green Tabasco sauce
1 can Iron City beer
Garlic salt to taste
1 large round pumpernickel, use extra to cube

Preparation:

Combine cream cheese and jalapeño cheese spread in a mixing bowl. Add in the jalapeño, garlic and a little of the beer, mixing well on a low setting. Gradually add in the remainder of the beer as well as Tabasco sauce and garlic salt. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to allow the dip to thicken before mounding into hollowed-out pumpernickel. Serve with the remaining loaf. Recipe serves 12.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/09/09/best-tailgating-dips-for-pittsburgh-steelers-games/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:04 am

Football Party Dip
Whether hot or Italian, Pittsburghers love their sausage, especially when piled high with grilled peppers and onions. This filling, sausage-rich dip promises to satisfy even the heartiest of appetites, making it perfect for cold-weather game days. Just don’t forget your crock pot to keep the Football Party Dip warm. Add a garnish of cheddar cheese, diced green onions and sour cream for the extra point.

Cook time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1 pound hot sausage
One 16-ounce can baked beans
1 cup Bob Evans Wildfire Barbecue Sauce
1 and three-fourths cups diced tomatoes
1 and one-half cups diced celery
1 and one-fourth cups diced onions
1 and one-fourth teaspoons garlic powder
Hot sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:

Crumble and cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Drain off excess drippings before adding celery and onions to sausage. Continue to cook over medium heat until veggies are slightly tender and sausage is no longer pink. Mix in baked beans and barbecue sauce. Add tomatoes, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes before serving with tortilla chips. Refrigerate any leftovers. Recipe makes 6 servings.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:23 am

Buffalo Chicken Dip
My wife and I love this dip. It fast, easy, and inexpensive. It's also super good and you can easily make it hotter or milder according to your preference.

Ingredients:

16 oz. of cream cheese
1 cup of ranch dressing
1 cup of Red Hot hot sauce
1- 10 oz. can of white chunk chicken breast

Preparation:

Melt cream cheese in microwave. Mix all ingredients together. Serve with chips, crackers, celery, or whatever else you like to dip. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Yep! I know how to get my grub on! Fat Bastard: Well if your food hits your shirt before it does the floor then I qualify. No shame here....(Who's got the Doritos!) The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 184121345
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Kornbread wrote:
Yep! I know how to get my grub on! Fat Bastard: Well if your food hits your shirt before it does the floor then I qualify. No shame here....(Who's got the Doritos!) The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 184121345

I was fully expecting a bitching cornbread recipe. The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 3201610882

DON'T TEASE THE FAT GUY, DAMMIT!! The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 124247948

The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 am

Bacon Dip

8 Slices center cut bacon
8 ounces softened cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 rounded teaspoons Dijon style mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese
3 scallions, chopped

Directions

Preheat oven to 400

Cook bacon in skillet till done, drain bacon on paper towels then chop into bits.
In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, swiss and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a small casserole or baking dish and bake till golden and bubbly at edges. 15 -18 minutes.

Serve with baby carrots and/or a selection of spiced flat breads or whole grain baguettes for dipping.

My personal favorite dipper is the triscuit thin crisps. Good stuff!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:02 am

Sounds good Mach I will have to give it a try.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 am

Damn...that does sound good.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 11:05 am

Speaking of foods for fat bastards, I haven't seen Jon around in awhile!

I haven't seen any hairballs in my kitchen so I know he's not dead.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)   The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Food Thread (For Fat Bastards)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2