Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos

Go down 
+4
solardave
supytalpeht
Wallace108
stlrtruck
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:19 pm

A few thoughts ...

1. Ike picked a bad time to have his worst game of the season.
2. If Arians is our OC next season, I hope he eliminates the bubble screen from the playbook.
3. Losing sucks. But with the way we've been playing, New England probably would have killed us next week anyway. This just wasn't our year.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:24 pm

mcg24 wrote:
Embarrassed to be a Steelers fan.

This team sucks.
Losing sucks, mcg. But there's nothing to be embarrassed about. NO team can go to the Super Bowl every year. We overcame a lot of adversity this year and had a great season. Our team could have given up at halftime, but they fought hard and gave themselves a chance to win. I'm proud of the team.

fer69 wrote:
i'd say get rid of Tomlin and Arians and go hard after Jeff Fisher
Tomlin still has more Super Bowl appearances than Fisher. If we were to get rid of Tomlin, I know at least 20 other teams that would gladly take him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:29 pm

No team can go to the Super Bowl every year, but no team should lose in the postseason to an 8-8 team who doesn't have a quarterback.

We made Tebow look like Elway tonight. Embarrassing.

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:30 pm

THis loss hurts me more than losing the superbowl. We played poorly in the superbowl and lost to a great offensive team. Tonight we played like shit against a shit team and gave them a win. I couldn't disagree with the fire Tomlin/Arians crowd more. THe coaches didn't make Wallace, Cotchery, Johnson drop easy passes. Nor did they cause Ben to force the ball into coverage repeatedly. I like the fact that the defense played aggressively in ot, but grrrrr.
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
mcg24 wrote:
Embarrassed to be a Steelers fan.

This team sucks.
Losing sucks, mcg. But there's nothing to be embarrassed about. NO team can go to the Super Bowl every year. We overcame a lot of adversity this year and had a great season. Our team could have given up at halftime, but they fought hard and gave themselves a chance to win. I'm proud of the team.

fer69 wrote:
i'd say get rid of Tomlin and Arians and go hard after Jeff Fisher
Tomlin still has more Super Bowl appearances than Fisher. If we were to get rid of Tomlin, I know at least 20 other teams that would gladly take him.

Tomlin's had better way better players than Fisher without a doubt

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:41 pm

mcg24 wrote:
No team can go to the Super Bowl every year, but no team should lose in the postseason to an 8-8 team who doesn't have a quarterback.

I really don't have an answer right now as to why Tebow was so effective against our defense. Those answers will come later. Trust me, I find it infuriating as well. This wasn't the first time a team has seen that offense. We should have been prepared for it. And as the No. 1 defense in the league, we should have been able to defend against it. But we looked absolutely confused out there. But we need to keep things in perspective. You're still young. By the time you get to be my age, you're going to suffer a lot of heartache at the hands of the Steelers. If you think this is bad, you should have seen the 80s teams. THAT was infuriating. Like I said, bro ... losing sucks, but the sun will come up tomorrow. We're still the greatest franchise in the NFL. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Tomlin shouldn't be fired, Arians should. A screen pass on 3rd and 7 deep in enemy territory? How fucking stupid do you have to be to not see that the screen passes don't work. They haven't worked all season.

Arians should be as far away from this team as possible come next season.

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
mcg24 wrote:

I really don't have an answer right now as to why Tebow was so effective against our defense. Those answers will come later. Trust me, I find it infuriating as well. This wasn't the first time a team has seen that offense. We should have been prepared for it. And as the No. 1 defense in the league, we should have been able to defend against it. But we looked absolutely confused out there. But we need to keep things in perspective. You're still young. By the time you get to be my age, you're going to suffer a lot of heartache at the hands of the Steelers. If you think this is bad, you should have seen the 80s teams. THAT was infuriating. Like I said, bro ... losing sucks, but the sun will come up tomorrow. We're still the greatest franchise in the NFL. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

The sun will come up tomorrow, but Arians shouldn't be alive to see it.

You should never lose a playoff game against Tim Tebow. That guy sucks. We made him look like Elway. I'm embarrassed for the Steelers.

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Good lord. The Earth just blew up at SF.

I'm so happy I'll be spending more time with you guys soon, that's all I have to say.

mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:

I'm so happy I'll be spending more time with you guys soon, that's all I have to say.

I'm pissed, but I'm probably not as pissed as some of those guys are over there even when we pull out a win.

I can't even get into to Steelers Fever right now, site is overloaded.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:52 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Hmmm, things are fairly calm over here. WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 1401235891

WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 1797695198

Man this sucks. But this is what I love about our community here ... we all love the Steelers (yes, even Jon WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 3798349058 ), but at the end of the day, we all know there are things that are more important in life than football. We talk about those things here regularly. The sun will come up tomorrow, for both the Steelers and us fans.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
Hmmm, things are fairly calm over here. WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 1401235891

Man this sucks. But this is what I love about our community here ... we all love the Steelers (yes, even Jon WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 3798349058 ), but at the end of the day, we all know there are things that are more important in life than football. We talk about those things here regularly. The sun will come up tomorrow, for both the Steelers and us fans.
]
They want Lebeau fired, Arians fired,Tomlin fired...

of course not a single one of them will sit back and say when is the last time Ben actually had a great game. It's Arians' that caused wallace to come up wiht the drops and ben too make stupid decisions, Legursky to snap the ball over ben's head...
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:04 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

of course not a single one of them will sit back and say when is the last time Ben actually had a great game. It's Arians' that caused wallace to come up wiht the drops and ben too make stupid decisions.
Yeah, you know me supy ... I hate Arians just as much as anyone. But in no way do I pin this loss on him. Or Tomlin. If any coach crapped the bed today, it was LeBeau. But even he can't be blamed for the dropped passes and poor first-half play by Ben.

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:05 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

]

of course not a single one of them will sit back and say when is the last time Ben actually had a great game. It's Arians' that caused wallace to come up wiht the drops and ben too make stupid decisions, Legursky to snap the ball over ben's head...

Lebeau has some questions to answer, as does Arians. Why no safety help the entire game? Why was there rarely a spy on Tebow?

Awfully cocky playcalling from Lebeau.

As for Arians, that guy is just a dumbass. Get him out of here.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

[quote="supytalpeht"]
Wallace108 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Man this sucks. But this is what I love about our community here ... we all love the Steelers (yes, even Jon WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 3798349058 ), but at the end of the day, we all know there are things that are more important in life than football. We talk about those things here regularly. The sun will come up tomorrow, for both the Steelers and us fans.[/quote
]

of course not a single one of them will sit back and say when is the last time Ben actually had a great game. It's Arians' that caused wallace to come up wiht the drops and ben too make stupid decisions.

we should fire everybody, all the coaches all the players
i can play safety and qb
i know buddha could be our OC
anymore volunteers?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:14 pm

fer69 wrote:
i can play safety and qb
anymore volunteers?
Buddha is better suited to be an offensive lineman than an offensive coordinator.
I know Dubs would want to be the QB.
As for me, I'll keep my current job of running this board and bitching about how shitty of a job you guys are doing at running the team. That's what I do best. WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 1664291743

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 pm

I'm PROUD to be a STEELER WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 3056903510 WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 3056903510

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:53 pm

What they need is me on the sidelines to infract the hell out of them when they play poorly! WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 1797695198

mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 pm

[quote="fer69"]
supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Man this sucks. But this is what I love about our community here ... we all love the Steelers (yes, even Jon WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 3798349058 ), but at the end of the day, we all know there are things that are more important in life than football. We talk about those things here regularly. The sun will come up tomorrow, for both the Steelers and us fans.[/quote
]

i can play safety and qb
anymore volunteers?

I can play O-Line. I'm only 140 pounds but I know that I am capable of missing less blocks than Kemoeatu and I sure as hell can take fewer personal fouls than him.

PostSubject: Re: WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos   WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

WILD CARD: Game Day Thread - Steelers @ broncos
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7