Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator Empty
PostSubject: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Quote :
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Todd Haley will return as the Steelers Offensive Coordinator, according to a report from the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.

On his Twitter account Saturday morning, Rapoport said that Head Coach Mike Tomlin met with his staff and that Haley was expected to return.

According to the report, Haley’s willingness to allow quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to operate more in the no-huddle offense was the key reason he’s expected to return.

“Todd Haley allowed Big Ben to call plays in no-huddle. Tomlin got more involved in O, with RB coach Kirby Wilson given additional duties,” Rapoport said via his Twitter account.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/01/04/report-todd-haley-to-return-as-offensive-coordinator/

Since the report came from Ian Rapoport, we can expect Haley to be fired at any moment.  Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator 1797695198 

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 1:42 pm

I've always stated that any coordinator should be granted 3 years to install his offense. Haley was slighted his first year when Ben acted like a little baby because Arians was fired. The question still remains, did we win a SB because of Arians or in spite of him? Did we make it to the 2nd SB under Tomlin because of Arians or, again, in spite of him? Me, I'm somewhere in the middle with the answer.

Back to Haley, I honestly feel that he deserves not only the 2014 season, but the 2015 to have his offensive playbook installed and all players at his disposal. With Ben now on board with the offense, and Haley loosening up the reigns, I believe this offense can be one of the most powerful and high scoring in the league. Especially if we can keep the offensive line together as a unit and not play make shift week in and week out.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:57 pm

Quote :
Ian Rapoport: Changes To Offense Helped Both Roethlisberger & Haley

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The Fan) — National Insider for NFL Network and NFL.com Ian Rapoport joined The Fan Morning Show on Monday to talk about his report that Steelers’ Offensive Coordinator Todd Haley will be back next season, and to offer his thoughts on a number of stories pertaining to the team and the NFL at large.

Rapoport thinks the changes that have been made since his original report (especially when it comes to the implementation of the no-huddle offense) likely contributed to the improvement in Ben Roethlisberger’s mood and Todd Haley’s job security.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/01/06/ian-rapoport-changes-to-offense-helped-both-roethlisberger-haley/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:46 pm

i think he should stay. ben had had the two best years he has had under haley. i believe next year we will see the best offense the steelers have ever had. of course since i have stated that it will all turn to shit Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator 3798349058 

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 7:25 pm

I was a Haley Hater for quite some time, but now that he has loosened the reigns on Ben allowing him to run the no huddle all the while implementing his offensive scheme, it seems to be working as evident by the 6-2 (should be 7-1) finish.

Keep him another full season and let's see how well it performs.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:41 am

I agree with everything said. We need to see at least one more year of his offense. We need a healthy O-line in 2014 so we can run more with Bell. I'm looking forward to next year.
Back to top Go down
Lady Steel

Lady Steel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 11:51 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
I was a Haley Hater for quite some time, but now that he has loosened the reigns on Ben allowing him to run the no huddle all the while implementing his offensive scheme, it seems to be working as evident by the 6-2 (should be 7-1) finish.

Keep him another full season and let's see how well it performs.

My sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator   Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Haley To Return As Offensive Coordinator
Page 1 of 1