Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner   Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 10:21 am

Quote :
When Todd Haley was fired, Steelers Nation celebrated, but it was met with cautious optimism. Yes, Haley had been terrible in the red zone and a putrid situational caller, but he was a fantastic play designer and a mastermind behind some the Steelers’ most successful offenses.

With the Steelers deciding for Randy Fichtner to take over, they got a modernized mind that was far ahead of his time when he was at Memphis, and now, he is right in his comfort zone. Fichtner’s mind of efficiency-based play calling is all made for this day and age of high-powered offenses and combined innovation.

Fichtner has shown to not just be efficient, but also incredibly innovative. He has led the Steelers to be top 3 in all efficiency category, including second in red zone efficiency, which is a huge reason why the Steelers are averaging as many points as they are.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/11/12/18078274/steelers-film-room-the-efficiency-of-offensive-coordinator-randy-fichtner-ben-roethlisberger-nfl

I'm really liking this offense and the way Ben has started to play within the offense remember watching the game on TV and having a really good ideal the way the offense lined up if the play call was a pass or run not now.

I also think this is a QB friendly offense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner   Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner EmptyMon Nov 12, 2018 3:54 pm

I'm starting to believe that Haley single-handedly has hold our team back the last 3 years. With another OC we probably would have had more success. He was great in protecting Ben, but he should have been replaced sooner.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner   Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 am

It took a few games for everyone to get on the same page. I'm not sure right now that this offense is as good as it can be, but I will say this. It's nice to score in the redzone for a change. Not only are sacks down, Ben has been writing letters home looking for someone that's open.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner   Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 10:07 am

Randy is calling excellent games. Love it. And Haley being fired from the Browns mid-season is beyond telling for what he did to this team the past 3 years...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner   Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Film Room: The efficiency of Offensive Coordinator Randy Fichtner
Page 1 of 1