Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLet Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea

Go down 
+2
Bays
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea Empty
PostSubject: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 am

By Jeremy Hritz

In 2005, the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl against the Seattle Seahawks with receivers Hines Ward, Antwaan Randle El, and Cedrick Wilson. Again in 2008, the Steelers captured their sixth Lombardi against another NFC West opponent in the Arizona Cardinals with Ward, Santonio Holmes, and Nate Washington. Wilson, Randle El, and Washington were solid, Holmes was clutch, and Ward is a future Hall of Famer. Outside of Washington, none of these guys were burners who could successfully get vertical, but they were all reliable and able to be depended on for earning crucial first downs.

Mike Wallace has been an incredible talent for the Steelers over the last three seasons, amassing over 3,200 yards and 24 total receiving touchdowns. He began 2011 season all fireworks and hand grenades, but his production mysteriously collapsed during the second act.

With the needs that the Steelers have on the offensive line and at nose tackle, the emergence of Antonio Brown and the potential of Emmanuel Sanders, and the commitment to generating a more effective ground game next year, the Steelers should seriously consider letting Wallace sign with another team.

READ MORE: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/let-wallace-walk-not-such-a-crazy-idea/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 am

I like Brown more so than Wallace either way. It wouldn't bother me if we lost Wallace, but it'd sure like to keep him if at all possible Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea 2087824411

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

I don't know what we should do concerning Wallace. I'd love to keep him, but we may have other pressing needs like the writer suggests (salary cap issues, o-line and re-signing needs). I'd hate to lose the guy, but it may just happen because of the money issue. We probably won't be able to afford him.

The one thing I do know is that I want no parts of Plaxico Burress as suggested in the article. That guy would only cause problems for us regardless of his talent level. I'd rather have Bowe than Burress.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:32 pm

I'd like to keep him if at all possible. His drop off might could be attributed to arians lack of game planning and what not. Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea 2087824411

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Keep him

Wallace got to keep him defenses have to double cover him if they want to take him out of the game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Although I lean towards keeping him because I think the second half was not entirely his fault production wise. Having said that Brown, Sanders, maybe Hines for one more and Cotchery if we can hold onto him will get us there. He just may be a cap casualty. Also a few of us (NOT me for the record) thought Holmes was gonna be a huge loss and it wasn't. So far the only thing he's blown up is the J.E.T.S. Could be true with Wallace as well. Sure would like to at least get a #1 for him though.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:15 pm

All of Wallace's highlights are 35 yards + lol

Love this oldie

Look at Ben's grin at the end. He like's his deep threat.

PostSubject: Re: Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea   Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Let Wallace walk? Not such a crazy idea
Page 1 of 1