Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homeso who do yet let walk... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

so who do yet let walk...

Go down 
+6
JPPT1974
El-Gonzo Jackson
Master_Of_Puppets
marvology
BlackAndGold
solardave
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

so who do yet let walk... Empty
PostSubject: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 8:51 pm

the only one i'd seriously attempt to get a deal done is with bell. i'd offer the same deal leshawn McCoy got or maybe slightly higher 5 years 40 million.
then i'd make low ball offers to cody wallace , ricardo mathews and greg warren.

Lawrence Timmons

Jarvis Jones

DeAngelo Williams

James Harrison

Cody Wallace

Greg Warren

Le'Veon Bell

David Johnson

Ricardo Mathews

Steven Johnson

Markus Wheaton

Shamarko Thomas

Landry Jones
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyTue Dec 13, 2016 9:52 pm

Bell for sure- might get the tag.
Timmons is playing well and if you can get to a number that isn't too big, he is better than Vince Williams currently.
DeAngelo on a 1 year deal-Toussaint isn't a #2.
Need a Long Snapper- Warren
Need a backup QB- Jones gets an offer
Need DL depth so Matthews gets an offer
If Bryant can stay out of rehab and they draft a WR, then Wheaton gets no offer
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 1:42 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Bell for sure- might get the tag.
Timmons is playing well and if you can get to a number that isn't too big, he is better than Vince Williams currently.
DeAngelo on a 1 year deal-Toussaint isn't a #2.
Need a Long Snapper- Warren
Need a backup QB- Jones gets an offer
Need DL depth so Matthews gets an offer
If Bryant can stay out of rehab and they draft a WR, then Wheaton gets no offer

mettenberger is already signed through 2017 for a measly 680,000. he has as much game time experience as laundry and now has a year under haley's system. i'd ride with him before i gave jones more money. i don't see any way there's a drop off from jones to metty.

i'd like to see richardson get some playing time. he's faster and shiftier than toussaint and now that ben has discovered it's ok an often pays to check down to the receivers , richardson may surprise.

wheaton has not impressed me even a little bit. i'd keep heybey over him , and still be looking for an upgrade.

hopefully hargrave and his fellow rookies have made tomlin realize it's ok to give rookies extended playing time. players like mathews can be found anywhere anytime. look for an upgrade in the draft in the 1st two rounds. looks like a good year for 3-4 DE's.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 6:34 am

Bell has played himself right into a contract. Unless we get a starter in the draft I'd like to see Timmons play one more year.

I don't feel good about Jones or Mettenberger but if one stays I think Mettenberger will beat him out.

Warren rarely has a bad snap and that means a lot. He should sign cheap.

DeAngelo cheap or Richardson is the #2. I agree Toussant is not the guy.

We have cap space so we go after a D-lineman and Mathews is gone. So is Jarvis Jones. I don't see Wheaton here after this year.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:08 am

I read somewhere that Bell coming off injury and 2nd suspension, but playing great might make him a guy suitable to be tagged. Get him for 1 year and then if he can stay off the weed and healthy they sign him long term.

IMO, the fans that want to let Jones walk haven't liked the pick since year 1 and have been waiting for a reason to cut him loose. Remember, Mettenberger was released from Tennesee and then went to the Chargers where he was outplayed by undrafted rookie Mike Bercovici. Anyway, there will be other backup castoffs on the market.

As for having cap space, I expect to see the Steelers use that on AB, Bell, Tuitt, Shazier. They have Cam, Tuitt, Hargrave, Walton in the mix, but still think they sign Matthews because they like his cheap veteran depth. If anything they pursue an OLB in free agency. I think Moats contract is up this year too?
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:35 am

Reports are that Mettenberger hasn't been impressive in practice. They probably don't even view him as a#3. Jones could get a offer, maybe a 3 year deal.

The Bell situation could go either way, being tagged or signing a long term contract. One thing for sure, He'll be a Steeler next season.

Timmons will be back but will have to take a discount, something I think he'll do.

Harrison has said he wants to play for two more years, so #92 will be back.

Warren will be snapping here until he's dead.

DWill may be a guy they could sign late in training camp but, I don't see it likely that he's brought back since Bell will most likely return, and I expect them to draft a RB in the first four rounds of the Draft.

I'll be rooting for both Wheaton and Jarvis to get paid nicely to help us receive a nice comp pick in 2018.

The rest are players that's already been replaced or easily could get replaced.

And @EGJ, Moats contract will be up after next season.

Last edited by BlackAndGold on Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marvology
Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 1:21 pm

Lawrence Timmons -- Walk, he's had some stinker plays and horrible whiffs. I know nothing of local gossip, but he shows many of the same signs I've seen from KC players who are out partying too much
Jarvis Jones -- Let him walk and come back for cheap
DeAngelo Williams -- Walk, we can sign cheap or get a good young prospect
James Harrison -- Retires? Walk or resign cheap
Le'Veon Bell -- spend the money, franchise guy even if we have to purge talent
David Johnson -- Walk
Markus Wheaton -- Walk
Shamarko Thomas -- Walk good on ST, but that's a young man's game
Landry Jones -- Walk, just doesn't have it and he's had way too much time to figure it out

http://www.marvbook.com
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 6:41 pm

i wouldn't mind seeing them kick the tires on EJ Manuel for a back up QB role. buffalo didn't pick up his 5th year option . i think a fresh start in a new system with a better Oline and a good running game might be what this guy needs.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 9:19 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i wouldn't mind seeing them kick the tires on EJ Manuel for a back up QB role.  buffalo didn't pick up his 5th year option . i think a fresh start in a new system with a better Oline and a good running game might be what this guy needs.

Manuel was a 3rd or 4th round prospect that the Bills reached for in the 1st. IMO, a much bigger reach than J. P. Losman was for them, but he's likely better than Mettenberger. He followed Christian Ponder at FSU and will likely follow his lead here.

Honestly, I bet the Jags cut Gus Bradley loose and they give Bortles one more year, but if a QB falls to them in the draft they pick one again. Bortles is a guy I think has franchise upside and is getting close to being given up on in Jacksonville.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 12:10 am

Think that E.J. Manuel will always be a backup QB. Not starting material at all. Jaguars will indeed cut Gus Bradley loose sooner rather than later.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyThu Dec 15, 2016 9:53 am

Let Jones walk keep Mettenburger he has the same skill set and size as #7.

Timmons 3 years 10 million. He produces and has played a rediculous number of snaps every year. He is one of Tomlins most productive picks. We should be able to squeeze 3 more years out of him while they groom a replacement either next year or the year after

Wheaton 3 years 4 million. He knows the system is pretty reliable as the #2/3 receiver.

Bell - tough call on this one. I want to pay the man but I don't want to bust the bank either. RBs are a really tough call due to the injury rates and longevity.

2.5 million to Harrison for two years. (Draft a beast OLB round 1 and make him shadow Deebow for his first year weight training and all)

Vet minimums offered to the rest even Jarvis Jones! Lol
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 8:10 am

I think we need to try and keep Timmons around for another year if we can on the cheap.

Jarvis Jones - Bye Felicia.

DeAngelo Williams - Probably should let him walk and either bring in a respectable FA veteran, or draft a RB that can help bolster our running attack.

James Harrison - One more year if he wants to stay, he's a good influence on all these young players, and he is still playing at a high level for a player his age.

Cody Wallace - Probably let him walk.

Greg Warren - Keep him around another year or two if he wants to keep playing.

Le'Veon Bell - Pay the man.

David Johnson - Let him walk. I think we'll be alright with Green, James, and the younger Grimble.

Ricardo Mathews - Keep him for another year or two. Decent depth player.

Steven Johnson - Walk. Forgot this guy was even on the team.

Markus Wheaton - Walk. Draft another WR that's more durable and hopefully more consistent

Shamarko Thomas - Walk. Decent ST player, but he can be replaced with a cheaper rookie or someone already under contract.

Landry Jones - Ugh, probably should keep him around another year unless we can get a veteran FA on the cheap to back up Ben. Never been very impressed with Jones, and I don't trust him to step up and win games when Ben is hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyFri Dec 16, 2016 5:47 pm

I thought he played well in the Pats* game. He is a back up QB. If he was starting material of course he would play better. I say keep Jones if he wants to stay and be a back up. He knows the system and has been in Pittsburgh a while now.

Keep Timmons. I think he has another year left in him, maybe two. Obviously Bell and bring back Deebo. Everyone else, I am cool with leaving or not. I will almost guarantee Jarvis Jones is gone.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 1:35 am

I'd love to see Harrison back. He still shows flashes of the past and want his influence on the young D players.

I'm more into Timmons than I would have been mid season and hope he returns as well.

Bell is an obvious. I know his history makes a deal a nervous proposition, but hopefully at minimum Franchise.

Williams and Jones I'm kind of on the fence about. I like Williams a lot, but getting older and may be able to get a younger, better, free agent backup RB. Jones has played well at times, but I like when we had a guy like Batch as the backup and wouldn't mind a former starter free agent as #2

PostSubject: Re: so who do yet let walk...   so who do yet let walk... Empty

Back to top Go down

so who do yet let walk...
Page 1 of 1