Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTomlin: No worries over bounties Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tomlin: No worries over bounties

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Tomlin: No worries over bounties Empty
PostSubject: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:19 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Commissioner Roger Goodell's determination to rid the NFL of bounties won't impact the Steelers, coach Mike Tomlin said.

"It's not something that's been a part of our culture in any situation I've been in," Tomlin said Tuesday at the NFL owners meetings. "I don't know what generates that kind of atmosphere."

Whatever the cause, Goodell showed that he won't tolerate the effect.

And he didn't just come down hard on the New Orleans Saints after the NFL found they had violated a rule prohibiting bounties and illegal incentives programs and lied about it during a league investigation.

In addition to heavily fining the Saints, docking them draft picks and suspending coach Sean Payton for the 2012 season, Goodell has authorized every team to send written certification to the NFL by Friday affirming that its owner and coach have met about bounties.

Every team essentially pledges that it is not engaged in bounties or has shut down such practices if they existed.

"It is fair to say that noncontract bonus payments have been happening around the league more frequently than we had liked," Goodell said Monday. "The problem is those payments escalate and you get to what is more specifically referred to as bounties where you are targeting players for injury. I think we will see the end of any noncontract bonus payments. Certainly as it relates to bounty — if you want to put that in the context of targeting opposing players — that's zero tolerance."

Read more: Steelers' Tomlin: No worries over bounties - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_788671.html#ixzz1qNjHw4nm
------------------------------------------------------

This quote from Goodell jumped out at me:

Quote :
"It is fair to say that noncontract bonus payments have been happening around the league more frequently than we had liked,"

Wait, what? Either there is or there isn't evidence of other teams having bounty programs. If they don't have any evidence of other teams doing it, then why the hell would he make that statement? And if they do have evidence, why aren't they being penalized like the Saints were? Reading between the lines ... it was probably the Patriots*. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 294855916

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Reading between the lines ... it was probably the Patriots**. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 294855916

Those dirty sonsabitches! Tomlin: No worries over bounties 2625562446

Goodell will have to give them two more draft picks now. That oughta learn 'em! Tomlin: No worries over bounties 1691199312

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Reading between the lines ... it was probably the Patriots***. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 294855916

Goodell will have to give them two more draft picks now. That oughta learn 'em! Tomlin: No worries over bounties 1691199312

Him and Kraft got married in a secret wedding. Brady was the maid of dishonor. As a wedding present Goodell distroyed all evidence of bounties going on in New England. They're honeymooning in Key West.
At least this is the rumor I'm starting. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm

solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Reading between the lines ... it was probably the Patriots****. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 294855916

Him and Kraft got married in a secret wedding. Brady was the maid of dishonor. As a wedding present Goodell distroyed all evidence of bounties going on in New England. They're honeymooning in Key West.
At least this is the rumor I'm starting. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 1797695198

Rumor?!? I saw that headline in the National Enquirer last week. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 3798349058

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 6:05 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Reading between the lines ... it was probably the Patriots*****. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 294855916

Rumor?!? I saw that headline in the National Enquirer last week. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 3798349058

You saw the headline? I saw the fucking video, it was GROSS!!!!!!

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 4:22 am

fer69 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
solardave wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Reading between the lines ... it was probably the Patriots******. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 294855916

You saw the headline? I saw the fucking video, it was GROSS!!!!!!

The whole thing?!?! affraid

You've got issues, Fer. Tomlin: No worries over bounties 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tomlin: No worries over bounties   Tomlin: No worries over bounties Empty

Back to top Go down

Tomlin: No worries over bounties
Page 1 of 1