Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeByrant "clean" and "on a mission" Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"

Go down 
+21
SteelerinDC71
OX1947
rellimie
muncher
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Master_Of_Puppets
BKAnthem
Fire Arians
Steelcitian
effyou515
BlackAndGold
Galax Steeler
IowaSteeler927
kan_t
solardave
SteelersYak
SteelerFreak58
El-Gonzo Jackson
Atlanta Dan
FrancoLambert
stlrtruck
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" Empty
PostSubject: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:56 am

Great ready by NBC on Byrant,
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/18/agent-martavis-bryant-clean-and-on-a-mission/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

Quote :
He’s clean. He’s working out four days a week, watches film. He’s in the best shape he’s ever been in. He’s added 10 pounds of solid muscle. He’s a new person.”

That’s good news, because the old person was a bit of a headache for the Steelers, whose frustration with him was clear.

But his talent is likely enough to convince them to give him another chance, after he averaged 21.1 yards per catch as a rookie and caught 50 passes for 765 yards and six touchdowns last year despite a four-game suspension.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 10:56 am

I'm glad he's taking this with a good attitude and realizes this is his final chance, unlike other dumbasses like aldon smith
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 am

Talk is cheap.   Until we see concrete proof that he's changed his ways, I'll remain skeptical.

AB, Martavis, Eli, Sammie, Cobi, Ayers....nice depth chart at WR.   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1426860608
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 11:11 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
Talk is cheap.   Until we see concrete proof that he's changed his ways, I'll remain skeptical.

AB, Martavis, Eli, Sammie, Cobi, Ayers....nice depth chart at WR.   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1426860608

Throw in the depth at TE - James, Green, Grimble. Oh, does it look wonderful on paper.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 11:15 am

stlrtruck wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

Throw in the depth at TE - James, Green, Grimble.   Oh, does it look wonderful on paper.

Agree that on Bryant let's wait and see - he has been failing/missing drug tests since 2014

And IMO Green is even less likely than Bryant to play in 2017
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 12:10 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:

I agree with you.

If you look up his video on SI.com from last week you see that he isn't following the team, nor does he think he needs to explain anything to his teammates or Ben, who apparently said Bryant lied to him. I still think he is young kid that needs to grow up and I hope for his sake he makes it all the way back. I just think that his words indicate he is still in denial of the impact he had on his teammates and that wont fly well in the Steelers locker room.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Hopefully he redeems himself next year. WR is stupid deep for us next year considering the amount of talent we already have locked up. Now if we could get that kind of depth at OLB this team would be poised to make a serious run at multiple SB titles for years to come.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 7:30 pm

I don't care what he says and does now. I don't care what he says later. I care what he does later. Don't tell me how remorseful you are and how much you've changed.... show me (and that doesn't mean just in the short term as that part is easy).

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 2:05 am

He will have to prove to everyone that he has in fact cleaned up his act and that he wants to be a Steeler. By that I mean a TEAM Player!
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:11 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

I agree with you.

If you look up his video on SI.com from last week you see that he isn't following the team, nor does he think he needs to explain anything to his teammates or Ben, who apparently said Bryant lied to him.  I still think he is young kid that needs to grow up and I hope for his sake he makes it all the way back.  I just think that his words indicate he is still in denial of the impact he had on his teammates and that wont fly well in the Steelers locker room.
I have read the SI article and I want no part of him. It seems that he still doesn't get it. Lots of 'ME' attitude and he doesn't understand that what he did is not only about himself but about the team.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:48 am

Still has quite the childish attitude, he better clean it up and act like a pro next season or he can go the way of Santonio. Don't need that kind of selfishness in our locker room. People call Brown selfish for the live streaming thing, but he did that out of excitement from the team winning. He took it too far, but he can at least admit when he's done wrong.

This offense would've been unstoppable with Bryant on the field this season, but instead he put himself and his addiction ahead of everyone else, and the fact he still isn't owning up to the fact that he hurt the team is extremely frustrating.

Grow up Bryant, act like a grown man, and a professional.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 4:58 am

If he is reinstated could he play in the Super Bowl if cleared?

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 6:26 am

Galax Steeler wrote:

Nope. He's out for the complete 2016 season.

Lets hope he can return and stay on the field. We missed his talents this year. Thought Coates would've taken the next step, but after the finger injury, he lost complete confidence.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 7:14 am

sitting out, his team in the conference championship game should be enough motivation for him to put down the blunt until he retires. now he's seeing the talk about the Steelers are working for SuperBowls is real.

at least he wasn't in trouble drinking alcohol and fighting with bar security and the police. Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1797695198

he need to quit hanging around some friends keep working out get the trust of his word back work with his teammates on winning championships all will be good. can't fight the system the system will beat the hell out of you.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 8:31 am

After reading/watching his interview, this "kid" still has a long way to go.

His attitude stinks IMO.....so cavalier about his mistakes.  

When asked about them..."I really didn't pay them no mind."  Nice attitude...a sure recipe for personal and professional growth, or more likely a relapse.

How many years did he attend college at Clemson?  "I ain't....."  Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 9:10 am

How much does it suck for him that hes not part of this run?
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 11:29 am

SUPER BOWL! Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1797695198
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
SUPER BOWL! Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1797695198

Please do not say the words "Super - Bowl" in the presence of Bryant.  

He's had way too many.   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1797695198

Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1557163439
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 5:21 am

Galax Steeler wrote:

TRIXIE WHERE YOU BEEN!? Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 2625562446

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 7:39 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
After reading/watching his interview, this "kid" still has a long way to go.

His attitude stinks IMO.....so cavalier about his mistakes.  

When asked about them..."I really didn't pay them no mind."  Nice attitude...a sure recipe for personal and professional growth, or more likely a relapse.

How many years did he attend college at Clemson?  "I ain't....."  Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" 1505004552

An article on Bell includes this comment that leads me to believe Bryant does not have a lot of goodwill on deposit in the locker room

From the very beginning, his Steelers teammates were publicly supportive, more inclined to encourage the hard-working and likable Bell than lanky receiver Martavis Bryant, who has missed 20 regular-season games because of marijuana-related offenses.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18514341/pittsburgh-steelers-back-leveon-bell-long-journey-suspension-afc-championship-game
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptyFri Jan 20, 2017 11:14 pm

kan_t wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

I agree with you.

If you look up his video on SI.com from last week you see that he isn't following the team, nor does he think he needs to explain anything to his teammates or Ben, who apparently said Bryant lied to him.  I still think he is young kid that needs to grow up and I hope for his sake he makes it all the way back.  I just think that his words indicate he is still in denial of the impact he had on his teammates and that wont fly well in the Steelers locker room.
I have read the SI article and I want no part of him. It seems that he still doesn't get it. Lots of 'ME' attitude and he doesn't understand that what he did is not only about himself but about the team.

I hope for his own personal sake that he makes it back, stays clean and grows up, but he is still a young kid and you are correct as he sounds like it in that interview. I think the Steelers will continue to plan for a contingency and maybe Sammie Coates is that, but he needs to work on his hands a bunch. Look for a WR to be drafted in the 3rd round I think, unless they end up with a real pass catching TE like OJ Howard or Jake Butt.

Below is a link to that article on Bryant.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/martavis-bryant-suspension-steelers-marijuana-reinstatement
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:32 am

Hopefully his agent told him ...look how far this team got without you...so they really don't need you and neither will the rest of the league
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
kan_t wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:

I agree with you.

I hope for his own personal sake that he makes it back, stays clean and grows up, but he is still a young kid and you are correct as he sounds like it in that interview.  I think the Steelers will continue to plan for a contingency and maybe Sammie Coates is that, but he needs to work on his hands a bunch.  Look for a WR to be drafted in the 3rd round I think, unless they end up with a real pass catching TE like OJ Howard or Jake Butt.

Below is a link to that article on Bryant.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/13/martavis-bryant-suspension-steelers-marijuana-reinstatement
so i've convinced you OJ howard would be a good pick ? unfortunately i see a lot of mocks putting him in the top half of the 1st rd. if he blows up the combine he'll go early.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 10:46 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

so i've convinced you OJ howard would be a good pick ? unfortunately i see a lot of mocks putting him in the top half of the 1st rd. if he blows up the combine he'll go early.

If you convinced me on Howard, congrats Mr Subliminal. I threw out Howard and Butt because I think Howard might be projected more like Devin Funchess because he isn't that thick and his blocking is questioned. Butt with the injury likely falls to the 2nd round, so not sure of his value at #32.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" EmptySun Jan 22, 2017 12:50 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

If you convinced me on Howard, congrats Mr Subliminal.  I threw out Howard and Butt because I think Howard might be projected more like Devin Funchess because he isn't that thick and his blocking is questioned.  Butt with the injury likely falls to the 2nd round, so not sure of his value at #32.  

This mock draft has Howard going to the Steelers with pick #30

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/mock-drafts

No surprise this is based in part on the assumption the Pats* win today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"   Byrant "clean" and "on a mission" Empty

Back to top Go down

Byrant "clean" and "on a mission"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next