Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine

Go down 
+7
RoethlisbergersLG78
stlrtruck
fer69
Blitzburghfan
Bays
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine Empty
PostSubject: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:04 pm

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine Pittsburgh-Steelers-David-DeCastro-injured

SteelersXtreme.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers drafted David DeCastro to help protect Ben Roethlisberger. But there was no one to protect DeCastro as he suffered a serious knee injury Saturday.

The rookie guard suffered a knee injury in the first quarter of the third preseason game Saturday night against the Buffalo Bills. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, DeCastro dislocated his knee cap, tore his medial collateral ligament and suffered some damage to his patellar tendon, but his ACL is intact. A conflicting report by NFL.com writer Ian Rapoport claimed that DeCastro tore both his ACL and MCL, but that report has since been retracted.

The Steelers selected DeCastro in the first round of the 2012 draft to help shore up an offensive line that has struggled in recent years. DeCastro, who played guard at Stanford, was projected to go much higher in the draft but fell to the Steelers in the 24th spot.

© Steelers Xtreme 2012

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:08 pm

This news sucks! Maybe he'll be OK with only an MCL injury as opposed to an ACL (or both), but he looked to be in a great deal of pain. The o-line pain, it never ends! DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine 2913999526

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:33 pm

The story has developed a little more, and has been edited. It seems now that DeCastro's ACL isn't damaged, which is big news.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:37 pm

Even though he didn't tear his ACL, I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers went ahead and placed him on injured reserve.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:39 pm

Hmm. NFL is saying BOTH are torn, and ESPN is only saying one is torn. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine 2829330259

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Still no clear cut report, and we're sticking by ESPN's side as far as this goes. NFL.com made NO mention of the dislocated knee-cap and patellar tendon that he reportedly hurt as reported by ESPN earlier today. If the NFL.com report is correct, and he did tear both his ACL and MCL, it'll be a long recovery for Mr. DeCastro. Injuries like that end careers.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:04 pm

This story is pretty much an ongoing development.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:28 pm

NFL.com has retracted. Story has been edited.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:10 pm

A few months ago, we were all on Cloud 9 over our new O-line. If Adams doesn't get back into the starting lineup soon, we're a Colon injury away from having essentially the same O-line as last season. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:16 pm

Well, this is the second guy Marcus Gilbert has potentially put on the bench for the season.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:25 pm

MRI reveals Steelers' David DeCastro suffered torn MCL
By Ian Rapoport
Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
Published: Aug. 26, 2012 at 01:14 p.m.

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie guard David DeCastro has torn the medial collateral ligament in his right knee, but has not torn the anterior cruciate ligament as originally suspected, a source with knowledge of his condition confirmed Sunday.

While the source originally said Sunday that DeCastro had torn his right ACL, the source clarified later that the 2012 first-round draft pick had other, different damage in the knee, including a dislocated knee cap.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported Sunday that DeCastro suffered damage to his patellar tendon and it is unknown if he will be able to return this season.

DeCastro suffered the injury on the team's second drive of the game against Buffalo Bills in Saturday's 38-7 victory.

The guard got tangled up with Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus on a pass play when his teammate, tackle Marcus Gilbert, landed on the back of DeCastro's right leg.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000055039/article/mri-reveals-steelers-david-decastro-suffered-torn-mcl?module=HP11_headline_stack

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah, Ian, nice retraction. Luckily I stuck by the ESPN source.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:47 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Yeah, Ian, nice retraction. Luckily I stuck by the ESPN source.

Good job on the scoop, Bagz! DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine 184121345

Back to top Go down
Blitzburghfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:54 pm

here's hoping this is the 8 week variety instead of the entire season...it looked nasty though
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 pm

I think he's going on the IR considering the combination of injuries.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:09 pm

The Patellar Tendon is the biggest worry. If it's ruptured, he's done for the season. The MCL will take 8-10 weeks of rehabilitation, as well as the dislocation of the knee cap. I'm sure rehab of both of those injuries will take place at the same time, meaning he'll be fully rehabilitated from them at around week Eleven. However, if his Patellar Tendon is bad off, he's done. A rupture of that will keep him out 6 months.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:00 pm

According to many sources, the diagnosis today was pre-MRI. Not sure of the validity of that, but we'll have more news this week, surely.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:23 pm

David DeCastro Out 3-5 Months, According To Report

Aug 26
by Steve Uhlmann

The Pittsburgh Steelers received troubling news about their first-round pick from the 2012 NFL Draft, as offensive lineman David DeCastro is going to miss 3-5 months with a torn MCL and a dislocated kneecap, according to Pro Football Talk.

DeCastro suffered the injury during the team's preseason game with the Buffalo Bills Saturday when his right leg buckled backwards while he was engaged with a defender.

This is a huge blow to the team, which was depending on the NFL-ready prospect to help improve the Steelers' offensive line in 2012. The offensive line appears to be suspect yet again after the injury, as Pete Wilmoth of SB Nation Pittsburgh writes:

"Fellow rookie lineman Mike Adams does not appear ready to take on NFL-caliber pass rushers and is battling some (infinitely less severe) knee issues of his own, leaving Max Starks to protect quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's blind side at left tackle. Meanwhile, with and without DeCastro last night, the interior line struggled against the Bills' terrific front four."

Wilmoth says that fans should expect to see more quick passes that will keep from Roethlisberger relying on the line to allow plays to develop.

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/8/26/32...-status-update

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope they're right

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:56 pm

I predicted a week Eleven return, as long as his Patellar tendon isn't heavily damaged. I actually think he'll be placed on IR, however.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Seems like we went from HOPEFUL AND EXCITING YOUNG O-LINE to instantly PANICKED AND UNSURE!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm not sure...but has there been any lineman that has comeback from this injury and continued to play well? Anyone that has torn MCL, ACL, ect. in their knee? Can't think of an example. I'm just worried for DeCastro. I was so stroked when we drafted him and was really hurt to find out that he's out for atleast 3-5 months (if official).
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:40 pm

We'll be fine as long as Colon is healthy. He's the X-factor here. Ramon Foster will handle DeCastro's spot nicely. Don't pay attention to his preseason play, he rarely does well. He's good when it counts.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:41 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
I'm not sure...but has there been any lineman that has comeback from this injury and continued to play well? Anyone that has torn MCL, ACL, ect. in their knee? Can't think of an example. I'm just worried for DeCastro. I was so stroked when we drafted him and was really hurt to find out that he's out for atleast 3-5 months (if official).
Starks is coming off an ACL and performing well, and he's no spring chicken! DeCastro will be fine with proper rehabilitation.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Quote :
“Guys are used to these situations,” Starks said. “We’ve been through this before. It’s not like this is something brand new and you’ve had the same five starters for three years and nobody (else) has had any reps. Our group is used to turnover and position flexibility.”

So true.

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:17 pm

bayz101 wrote:
RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Starks is coming off an ACL and performing well, and he's no spring chicken! DeCastro will be fine with proper rehabilitation.

True that, just wish this could have been avoided. Fucking turfgrass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next