Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine

Go down 
+7
RoethlisbergersLG78
stlrtruck
fer69
Blitzburghfan
Bays
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:21 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
I'm not sure...but has there been any lineman that has comeback from this injury and continued to play well? Anyone that has torn MCL, ACL, ect. in their knee? Can't think of an example. I'm just worried for DeCastro. I was so stroked when we drafted him and was really hurt to find out that he's out for atleast 3-5 months (if official).
Starks is coming off an ACL and performing well, and he's no spring chicken! DeCastro will be fine with proper rehabilitation.

True that, just wish this could have been avoided. Fucking turfgrass.
It is frustrating. We've all been giddy about the new line since the draft.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 11:25 pm

This time you can trust me ... our O-line is going to be awesome ...

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:14 am

Wallace108 wrote:
A few months ago, we were all on Cloud 9 over our new O-line. If Adams doesn't get back into the starting lineup soon, we're a Colon injury away from having essentially the same O-line as last season. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1505004552

Yeah, we just have the worst luck on our line since forever it seems. Just think where Ben would be with O-lines like Brady and P.Manning have had all their careers. Even Arians wouldn't be able to screw that up, well maybe not. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:28 am

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
A few months ago, we were all on Cloud 9 over our new O-line. If Adams doesn't get back into the starting lineup soon, we're a Colon injury away from having essentially the same O-line as last season. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1505004552

Yeah, we just have the worst luck on our line since forever it seems. Just think where Ben would be with O-lines like Brady and P.Manning have had all their careers. Even Arians wouldn't be able to screw that up, well maybe not. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1797695198

Imagine where Ben would be if he was protected by the refs like those two.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:03 am

well this sucks. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 2913999526 next man up

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

David DeCastro will not go on IR.

I'm really surprised by that. Maybe he'll pull a Mendy and be ready after the bye week. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:14 pm

Meanwhile, we get this from Florio ....

Quote :
As the Steelers move toward preparations for their Week One showdown with the Broncos, their first-round pick is preparing for knee surgery.

A source with knowledge of the situation tell PFT that DeCastro will have surgery later this week to repair a knee that was injured during Saturday night’s preseason game against the Bills.

DeCastro has a torn MCL, a dislocated kneecap, and an injury to the patellar tendon. He is expected to miss three-to-five months.

The Steelers will have to decide whether to place DeCastro on injured reserve or keep him on the active roster after Friday’s deadline for dropping to 53 players.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/27/decastro-to-have-surgery-later-this-week/

For the love of Myron Cope can we PLEASE stop getting conflicting reports about DeCastro? DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1505004552

Although Kaboly is reliable. Florio is ... well ... Florio.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:18 pm

At least it's not conflicting reports on the severity of his injuries. That sucked. Sucked bad.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Quote :
James C Wexell ‏@jimwexell

Q: Does it surprise you that DeCastro was upbeat? Tomlin: Well, those of you that know DeCastro, know that upbeat for him is a stretch.

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 1664291743

DeCastro should ask Greg Lloyd if he still has any of these shirts in his closet ...

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 Greg-lloyd1

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Quote :
On another note, the Steelers are waiting until after David DeCastro has surgery on his right knee to determine whether they can hold a roster spot open for him or not. It would probably entail holding it for at least half the season and that’s if everything lines up right. But here’s the theory on that: Who is the team’s ninth and final offensive lineman on the roster anyway, John Malecki?
And if you can have DeCastro back even for later in the season, they feel it would benefit both him and the team for him to be able to practice and even play. If he goes on IR, he can do neither, even when healthy.

Bouchette.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Quote :
On another note, the Steelers are waiting until after David DeCastro has surgery on his right knee to determine whether they can hold a roster spot open for him or not. It would probably entail holding it for at least half the season and that’s if everything lines up right. But here’s the theory on that: Who is the team’s ninth and final offensive lineman on the roster anyway, John Malecki?
And if you can have DeCastro back even for later in the season, they feel it would benefit both him and the team for him to be able to practice and even play. If he goes on IR, he can do neither, even when healthy.

Bouchette.
Well, that certainly makes sense.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:05 pm

I was thinking that as well. I was already strongly considering (as though I have any power) keeping only 8 linemen anyway, so they can just keep DeCastro as the 9th lineman if he can return sometime during the season. If they do that, though, they'll have to keep only one of the following quantities: a) 2 QBs, b) 5 RBs/FB, c) 2 TEs, d) 4 WRs, e) 6 DL, f) 8 LBs, or g) 8 DBs. And I'm really not sure which one of those options I think is most likely. I might be leaning toward cutting ties with Charlie and stashing Johnson on the practice squad.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:56 am

Dodens Grav wrote:
I was thinking that as well. I was already strongly considering (as though I have any power) keeping only 8 linemen anyway, so they can just keep DeCastro as the 9th lineman if he can return sometime during the season. If they do that, though, they'll have to keep only one of the following quantities: a) 2 QBs, b) 5 RBs/FB, c) 2 TEs, d) 4 WRs, e) 6 DL, f) 8 LBs, or g) 8 DBs. And I'm really not sure which one of those options I think is most likely. I might be leaning toward cutting ties with Charlie and stashing Johnson on the practice squad.

I like the 2 QB idea stashing Johnson on the PS. The only question is, with no Hines or El, who becomes the emergency QB in the event Ben and Lefty both go down? I would assume Derrick Williams if he makes the team? Who else could it be?

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:26 pm

Injury "not as serious" as originally thought.

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/12241/1257262-66.stm

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:17 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

I like the 2 QB idea stashing Johnson on the PS. The only question is, with no Hines or El, who becomes the emergency QB in the event Ben and Lefty both go down? I would assume Derrick Williams if he makes the team? Who else could it be?

Debo, damn he's hurt tooo.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

Debo, damn he's hurt tooo.

He's too busy being the backup long-snapper. DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:39 pm

I believe Brown and Sanders have thrown a few passes. But really, if you're down to your emergency third QB, chances are you're looking for the guy least likely to fumble a handoff.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I believe Brown and Sanders have thrown a few passes. But really, if you're down to your emergency third QB, chances are you're looking for the guy least likely to fumble a handoff.

SIGN THIS GUY NOW!!!! DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 3798349058

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 6a015394069e98970b0167666ef5d1970b-800wi

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine   DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DeCastro tears MCL, ACL fine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2