Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game

Go down 
+6
Kornbread
stlrtruck
vasteeler
Mach1
Bays
Wallace108
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game Empty
PostSubject: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 pm

By Mark Kaboly

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown was fined $10,000 for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (taunting) during Sunday's 27-12 win over Washington, the NFL confirmed to the Tribune-Review.

Brown was penalized for running into the end zone backwards from the 20-yard line during a third-quarter 78-yard punt return that was ultimately called back because of a block in the back penalty.

It was the third unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for Brown dating back to the preseason last year.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/2888994-85/brown-conduct-penalty-steelers-unsportsmanlike-fined-kaboly-mark-taunting-third#ixzz2BB4TNoBj
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
-------------------------------------------------

Those of you who read my post-game comments know that I wasn't too happy with Brown's taunting. But seriously ... a $10,000 fine? Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game 294855916

Isn't penalizing the team during the game enough? Although I hope the fine gets Brown to tone it down a notch, it's absolutely ridiculous for the league to fine a player for something like this.

Perhaps they should start fining officials $10,000 for every wrong or missed call. Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game 3135543967

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 12:53 pm

What the FUCK. Stupid fucking money hungry pieces of shit. I doubt very seriously all of this money is donated to charity. Probably the "Roger Goodell" fund.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm

bayz101 wrote:
What the FUCK. Stupid fucking money hungry pieces of shit. I doubt very seriously all of this money is donated to charity. Probably the "Roger Goodell" fund.
Even if it is, it's only charity if it's given voluntarily. If the money is taken rather than given, it's more like a tax. Just because the fines are given to charity doesn't make it right. If you robbed a bank and said you were doing it to give the money to charity, the authorities aren't going to say, "Oh, OK."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:32 pm

It's not called the No Fun League for nothin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 pm

i dont have a problem with the fine at all. he can easily afford it and it might make him think twice before making a ass out of himself again

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Harrison hasn't been hitting people too hard as of yet so Goodell had to meet his quota some how.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:09 pm

That is absurd in the utmost! The showboating should of been handled in the Steelers locker room. "Duh Komish" needs to drink a big bottle of castor oil and flush his brain of the toxins that flows between his ears. What an Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game 1822059364

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

On 12/02/2012 the Steelers beat the Ravens with their 3rd string QB! Charlie Batch! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Quote :
i dont have a problem with the fine at all. he can easily afford it and it might make him think twice before making a ass out of himself again

I have to agree here. I really love AB (to me he is a mini-Hines), but that kind of showboating is uncalled for. Imho, it reflects badly on the organization as a whole. The Steelers have a reputation for being a no-nonsense type of team and what AB did was pure nonsense. To be honest, from everything I've read about and the few interviews I've seen him in, his showboating somewhat surprises me. I always thought Wallace would be the one to perform these antics.

Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 11:33 pm

Hines Ward was drunk-driving not that long ago, and it was overlooked by most, and honestly, we have a drunken-driving Ta'Amu on the practice field and chatting with team mates with almost NO major punishment. What the fuck? Antonio Brown, a player NOT known for his flaws on OR off the field, gets fined $10,000 dollars for jogging backwards into an endzone?

It's bullshit, and it's the least of my worries. I'm not even going to accuse him of show-boating. He said he didn't know it was illegal to jog backwards into the end-zone, and the penalty that resulted wouldn't even negate the touchdown! I recall a pro-player who wasn't even aware that a game could go into over-time, so i'm not going to light a fire under his ass for that.

If he was show-boating, Tomlin's already handled the situation. Believe that.

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 12:07 am

Really? Because it's not the first time he's done it.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 am

Dodens Grav wrote:

It's the first time I ever recall him getting chewed out. Ever. And i'm not counting the celebrations after catches because EVERYONE has been doing that, and I for one have no problem with it. Maybe i'm not as old school as some of you, but I have NO problem with these guys having fun out there. They can "Act like they've been there" when they've played in the league for more than 6 years and have a legacy in sight.

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 1:21 am

I meant it's not the first time he's been penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct the way he was last week. In fact it was the third time, or so I've read.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 6:03 am

bayz101 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

It's the first time I ever recall him getting chewed out. Ever. And i'm not counting the celebrations after catches because EVERYONE has been doing that, and I for one have no problem with it. Maybe i'm not as old school as some of you, but I have NO problem with these guys having fun out there. They can "Act like they've been there" when they've played in the league for more than 6 years and have a legacy in sight.

I agree Bayz I have no problem with it either. They are ball players and they get excited when they make a big play to me it is everyones right in my book to celebrate on a play.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:13 am

bayz101 wrote:
He said he didn't know it was illegal to jog backwards into the end-zone, and the penalty that resulted wouldn't even negate the touchdown! I recall a pro-player who wasn't even aware that a game could go into over-time, so i'm not going to light a fire under his ass for that.

Just like laws, ignorance is no excuse. He deserved to be penalized for it, but I think the fine is silly. It's not a player safety concern.

Like VA said, I hope it does send a message to him to cut the shit though. He has a penchant for showboating a bit too much. The Tone Drop after every catch/first down is ridiculous and embarrassing. That kind of stuff can end up costing the team in a crucial situation. I bet those defending his antics will sing a different song if he gets us a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in a tight playoff game late that ends up costing us a chance to win the game. Use it as a learning example and stop doing it.

The bottom line is, right or wrong, these rules ARE in place and it's up to the players to do everything in their power to adhere to them for the good of the team. I might be able to give some leeway on a borderline roughing the passer or helmet-to-helmet call if it was unavoidable or a player was just attempting to make a play and it unintentionally happens, but to get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for silly playground theatrics because they can't control their inner child is unacceptable to me. Act like a professional and play the game. Don't like the rules? Then lobby to have them eased and changed, but don't try to buck them because Goodell will win and the team will lose every time.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:12 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Just like laws, ignorance is no excuse. He deserved to be penalized for it, but I think the fine is silly. It's not a player safety concern.

Like VA said, I hope it does send a message to him to cut the shit though. He has a penchant for showboating a bit too much. The Tone Drop after every catch/first down is ridiculous and embarrassing. That kind of stuff can end up costing the team in a crucial situation. I bet those defending his antics will sing a different song if he gets us a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty in a tight playoff game late that ends up costing us a chance to win the game. Use it as a learning example and stop doing it.

The bottom line is, right or wrong, these rules ARE in place and it's up to the players to do everything in their power to adhere to them for the good of the team. I might be able to give some leeway on a borderline roughing the passer or helmet-to-helmet call if it was unavoidable or a player was just attempting to make a play and it unintentionally happens, but to get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike for silly playground theatrics because they can't control their inner child is unacceptable to me. Act like a professional and play the game. Don't like the rules? Then lobby to have them eased and changed, but don't try to buck them because Goodell will win and the team will lose every time.
........................Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game 1187288299

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game   Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game Empty

Back to top Go down

Brown fined $10K for unsportsmanlike conduct in Redskins game
Page 1 of 1