Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Redskins (game thread) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)

Go down 
+22
Shalieve5090
BlackAndGold
Steelcitian
SteelerEmpire
British Steel
Geordie
SteelCity4Life
jak341
vasteeler
kirklandrules
Vis
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
Stella Nation
FrancoLambert
Atlanta Dan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
Fire Arians
WVABE
solardave
Wallace108
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) Garmeday_header_redskins_47293

Wheaton to miss season opener

By Chris Adamski

The Steelers' receiving corps was projected to be one of the deepest in the league. That depth will get tested early this season.

Already without the suspended-for-the-season Martavis Bryant, the Steelers announced Saturday that Markus Wheaton is out for Monday night's season opener at the Washington Redskins.

Wheaton played in just one preseason game and did not practice this week until a limited appearance Saturday.

With no Wheaton behind No. 1 Antonio Brown, second-year players Sammie Coates and Eli Rogers — who between them have one regular-season NFL catch — are the top secondary options for Ben Roethlisberger. Veteran Darrius Heyward-Bey also is lifted into a more prominent role.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/11115753-74/season-game-wheaton
---------------------------------------------

Mitchell: 'I am nervously optimistic'

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

After months of preparation, this week, it gets real. The Steelers kick off the season Monday night in Washington, and safety Mike Mitchell likes the direction the defense is headed in.

“I feel very good,” said Mitchell. “I am nervously optimistic. I don’t want to feel too good because I am an older player and I know you have one good performance you can get a false sense of security. We need to stay sharp, we need to stay hard, and we need to stay focused on continuing to develop into being a world championship caliber defense

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Mitchell-I-am-nervously-optimistic/979625b7-4c85-4bce-8c68-db91e76c3b2f
----------------------------------------------

Redskins RB Matt Jones expects to play vs. Steelers Monday

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) Running back Matt Jones is listed as questionable but expects to play for the Washington Redskins in their season opener Monday night against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Jones is almost fully healed after separating his left shoulder Aug. 19 and is confident he'll be 100 percent by game time. He has been a full participant in practice but was considered questionable because the NFL removed the ''probable'' distinction beginning this season.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/redskins-rb-matt-jones-expects-to-play-vs-steelers-monday-091016?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 2:11 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 4:31 pm

No problem. Coates and Rogers can fill in fine IMHO. 2 guys the Skin's will have to scramble to put a game plan in for. Not much tape on Rogers could be a good thing.
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Gonna be a tough game, I believe we squeak in a last second FG for a win.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySat Sep 10, 2016 5:27 pm

foreskins
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 1:37 am

Man we have tons of offensive firepower not suiting up...

Defense is going to have to be better pretty much immeaditaly.....need to force more 3 and outs to get some good field position for our O.

Washingtons stadium/crowd is legit when the team has something to play for.....will be loud and a tough place to play on opening MNF.

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 10:00 am

Should be a good game. I feel confident in our guys.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 10:43 am

So the Steelers are missing their #2 and #3 receivers from 2015, continue to miss their best running back, are breaking in a new tight end, and will not have their 2015 #1 pick who was supposed to bolster the pass rush.

Line has finally dropped to Steelers by 2&1/2, but that is a lot of personnel who will be out for a road opener.

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 05onfire1_xp-master768-v2
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 12:37 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
So the Steelers are missing their #2 and #3 receivers from 2015, continue to miss their best running back, are breaking in a new tight end, and will not have their 2015 #1 pick who was supposed to bolster the pass rush.

Line has finally dropped to Steelers by 2&1/2, but that is a lot of personnel who will be out for a road opener.

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 05onfire1_xp-master768-v2

I'm no bettor, but if I was a bettor there is no way I'd consider taking the Steelers.
The players not suiting up for us are expected to be impact players....Bell and Bryant are big impact players.
Bud was supposed to become an impact player this year as an edge rusher.
Throw in opening on the road in front of rabid fans on a Monday night celebrating last year's division title.

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 3384989289
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptySun Sep 11, 2016 5:40 pm

We'll be fine as long as the O-line holds up-next man up 1st game of season. Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 6:04 am

I'm excited that our season finally starts. I predict a tough and very close game but I believe we can and we will win this one Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 348340646 I know we miss a lot of players but with Big Ben and AB we still have our most important offensive weapons and I think D-Will will replace Bell just fine.
For me it's only a shame that the game start at 1.10 AM in Europe and that it ends around 4.00-4.30 AM so no way I can see it live as I need to get up at 6.30 AM for work.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 6:31 am

Finally! I am so pumped!

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 1:02 pm

Time to get to work.

I have faith our defense will be able to get the job done and our offense will still be able to put 24-30 points. Offensive support will come in the way of Williams, Rogers, and James. As well as from the usual AB output.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 2:21 pm

Take the over. On that I'm confident. On the winner, not so much.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:39 pm

Vis wrote:
Take the over.  On that I'm confident.  On the winner, not so much.

Under $$ actually knocked the o/u down to 49 from the opening o/u of 50&1/2 according to an offshore site I access for informational purposes only Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 2981382511 I guess needing over 50 points scored makes some bettors back off

$$ on Washington move point spread  to Steelers -2 after opening at -3
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 4:48 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Vis wrote:
Take the over.  On that I'm confident.  On the winner, not so much.

Under $$ actually knocked the o/u down to 49 from the opening o/u of 50&1/2 according to an offshore site I access for informational purposes only Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 2981382511 I guess needing over 50 points scored makes some bettors back off

$$ on Washington move point spread  to Steelers -2 after opening at -3

With as bad as the Steelers secondary was last year, they still didn't give up a ton of points. Plus the first game of the year usually benefits the defense. I'll take the under.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 6:39 pm

here we go steelers here we go Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 2287965686 Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 1948569602 Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 348340646 Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 792589548 Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 3056903510

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:13 pm

Lots of Terrible Towels in the stands.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:19 pm

Its that time again!

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 1505004552
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:20 pm

I like that look of Rogers in the slot.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Ugh. 3 and out....
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:25 pm

Yikes. This isn't pretty looking

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Should've been picked off.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:27 pm

These short passes are tearing us up.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) EmptyMon Sep 12, 2016 7:28 pm

The difference in this game will be Rogers.

Steelers-24
Skins- 21 ( all 3 scored by their TE.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)   Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Redskins (game thread)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next