Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIt's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...

Go down 
+5
stlrtruck
vasteeler
Wallace108
JonM229
jgm820
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jgm820
Xtreme Newb

It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... Empty
PostSubject: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 11:59 am

Any game day superstitions?

LOVE this commercial...

For the record, I've been known to change seats if they are losing, make other people stay where they were, or move based on score. When I was a kid we'd all yell "jinx" and throw the malloic at the field goal kickers from other teams.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:07 pm

I have t-shirt/jersey combinations that I will cycle through. I'll wear a certain combo until the Ravens lose, then I'll find a new combination that "works" and wear it til the next loss.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:39 pm

I used to have a lot of superstitions, but I've let go of them over time. The one that I hold onto though is complete, unquestioning faith in the power of the Terrible Towel.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:55 pm

too many to list.....yeah im a dork

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 pm

After each Ravens loss, I beat my wife. Since we've been together, they've yet to drop two in a row.

Edit: For any new people, I don't actually beat my wife. This is the type of humor you'll get used to in time.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:32 pm

Here's a few things I've done in the past:

1. If you were a fan of the team the Steelers were playing that week, you were allowed in the house WITHOUT team apparel.

2. In 2002/2003 playoffs when we played the browns, my wife's friend was in the house with a brown's colored sweater (note IT DID NOT say browns on it anywhere). She left the house with 5 minutes to go in the game, and when she wanted to come back in the house with 2 minutes to go and the Steelers in the lead, I said no.

3. In Ben's first year against the cowboys, I spent the entire 4th quarter on the same two tiles in my house (except for commercials).

4. I would wear the same jersey every week, unless they lost. Then I'd pick a new one out of the closet.

5. Anytime I went to the bar to watch the game, I had to have the same parking lot, and my truck was always at the bar with me (yes, people have asked to borrow my turck on gameday).

6. Gameday CD was always played on the way to watch the game.

Yeah, that about covers all the stuff I use to do.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 5:34 pm

69 before the game It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... 1505004552

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:16 pm

I have a lucky pair of black, yellow, and gray striped socks I wear. When I don't wear them, the Steelers seem to lose.

Like Jon, I also have jerseys (home Lambert, away Polamalu, and throwback Ward) I wear based on if they are home, away, or throwback that week. I have about 10 different Steelers hats I mix up. If the Steelers win, I wear it again. If they are losing for a prolonged amount of a game, I change it.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 6:32 pm

JonM229 wrote:
After each Ravens loss, I beat my wife. Since we've been together, they've yet to drop two in a row.

Edit: For any new people, I don't actually beat my wife. This is the type of humor you'll get used to in time.

It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... 3410998299

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 7:56 pm

I have an authentic, stitched super nice Wallace jersey I dont wear because every time I have worn it in the past, they lose that game.

jgm820
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am

Drizztbob wrote:
I have an authentic, stitched super nice Wallace jersey I dont wear because every time I have worn it in the past, they lose that game.

Sadly the same reason I'm afraid to bring my Terrible Towel back upstairs!

steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:41 am

There are certain people I do not watch the games with because the Steelers always seem to lose when I do.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:15 pm

steelerdude15 wrote:
There are certain people I do not watch the games with because the Steelers always seem to lose when I do.

Oh I have a few of those too.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...   It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work... Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Only Weird If It Doesn't Work...
Page 1 of 1