Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 am

By Dave Bryan

Tammy Nunez of The Times-Picayune reported Friday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback coach Randy Fichtner will be in attendance for the Tulane Pro Day this upcoming week to watch quarterback Ryan Griffin. Not only will Fichtner be present for the workout, but he will also be having dinner with the 6-foot-5, 206-pound Griffin in addition.

"I’m headed to San Diego on April 1 and then Pittsburgh’s quarterback coach is coming to pro day," said Griffin. "He’s coming the night before so we can meet and have dinner. Every team can only have a certain number of people come in. He’s coming. Jacksonville’s quarterback coach is coming and the Cincinnati Bengals quarterback coach is coming."

Griffins' agent, Mark Bloom, insinuated on Twitter over a week ago that his client will be visiting the Steelers.

READ MORE: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/03/steelers-qb-coach-randy-fichtner-will-meet-with-tulane-qb-ryan-griffin-next-week/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=steelers-qb-coach-randy-fichtner-will-meet-with-tulane-qb-ryan-griffin-next-week

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:22 am

Projected 7th round / free agent

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:57 am

effyou515 wrote:
If we draft a QB, I imagine that's what we'll be looking for ... someone to compete with Batch for third string.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 am

Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
If we draft a QB, I imagine that's what we'll be looking for ... someone to compete with Batch for third string.

I disagree Wallace I think we go after a quarterback who will be going for the number two spot behind Ben. We have to start grooming a quarterback to take over for him just like Rodgers in Green Bay,the time is now.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:04 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

I disagree Wallace I think we go after a quarterback who will be going for the number two spot behind Ben. We have to start grooming a quarterback to take over for him just like Rodgers in Green Bay,the time is now.
Even Ben was third string his rookie season. Batch got hurt in preseason, and Ben moved up to second string. And then Maddox got hurt, and Ben became the starter. And there's not a QB in this year's draft who is as good as Ben was when he came out of college. Anyone they draft won't be ahead of Gradkowski on the depth chart ... he'll be competing for a roster spot with Batch. Gradkowski makes Batch expendable, so there's a good chance we let Batch go and keep a rookie QB as third string.

Last edited by Wallace108 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:05 pm

I'd be happy with Tyler Bray or Landry Jones being drafted by the Steelers. perfer Bray. I say get the QB in the second or thrid round as a fan don't want to go through another twenty years of disappointing Steelers QB play.

Ryan Griffin training camp arm maybe practice squad.

imho Gradkowski was a good start now draft a young QB and get some QB competition going on and light a fire under diva Ben's butt. Ben's had it to good for to long knowing he was the Starter and the other two QBs were just backups.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:08 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Galax Steeler wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

Even Ben was third string his rookie season. Batch got hurt in preseason, and Ben moved up to second string. And then Maddox got hurt, and Ben became the starter. And there's not a QB in this year's draft who is as good as Ben was coming out of college.

and the Steelers won't be picking the QB with the 10th pick in the first round.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:19 pm

I agree that the time is getting close to start looking for potential replacements for Ben, but I think it's unlikely we'll find him in later rounds. For every Tom Brady, there's hundreds of Dennis Dixons. And I believe we have too many immediate needs to waste a high draft pick on a QB who more than likely will just be competing for a roster spot to be a backup. If there was someone available who was regarded as "can't miss," then sure, they'd have to take him regardless of what round. But there's really not a QB like that in this draft.

The time is getting close to start looking for Ben's replacement, but I don't think he's in this year's draft.

Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:02 pm

We need a new QB coach...not 1 QB drafted since this guy has been here has developed..
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 10:11 pm

It's not his fault for the players he inherited. Two players who are clearly not able to keep up with the demands of a season, and a starting QB that has been beat up since his 3rd year in the league.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 2:09 am

BKAnthem wrote:
We need a new QB coach...not 1 QB drafted since this guy has been here has developed..
Before Haley entered the picture, there was talk of Fichtner as OC to replace Arians. Other than that, I honestly don't know a whole lot about him. But on the surface, I agree with what Truck said ... other than Ben, he hasn't had much to work with in terms of development.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin    Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers QB Coach Randy Fichtner Will Meet With Tulane QB Ryan Griffin
Page 1 of 1