Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1 - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

Steelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1   Steelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1 - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:21 pm

Thomas played but he looked a bit lost.  As to be expected at the safety position in a first year Dick Lebau scheme.  

MY final thoughts?
Ran the ball well in the first quarter and owned the line, running.  However, not being able to score without the Giants big men in the game is more than concerning.  Pass protection still needs work, as does passing in general.
Defense played stout except for some horrible penalties.  Loved the effort from 2nd-4th string LB's.
TP is not a threat anymore, and teams know it.
William Gay will be the bane of the secondary's existence if he is allowed out there more than 1 down a series. (and even THATS too much)
I was pissed I didnt get to see Bell.
Wheaton flashed some sweet speed on that end around, I liked what I saw from him on his debut.
SPECIAL TEAMS SUCKED BALLS.  That new coach, whatever his name is, needs his ass handed to him like Woirlds got from Tomlin and Lebau.  Get your men under control and properly coached when to let the ball go and when to fair catch.  JUST LOOK WHERE YOU ARE STANDING IDIOTS.  Not to mention when blocking, NEVER put your head down or you will WHIFF just like what happened on that blocked punt.  BAD BAD BAD.

All in all, a pretty sloppy game, so thank God it is only week 1 of pre-season.  YOU BOYS HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO.   Steelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1 - Page 5 2913999526

Steelers vs. Giants - Pre-season Game 1
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5