Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bryant facing 4 game suspension

Go down 
+28
kirklandrules
Drizztbob
Stella Nation
solardave
Steel Peon
Steeler-in-west
SteelersYak
FrancoLambert
ETL
stlrtruck
Rhyno
BlackAndGold
SoCalFan
steelcityboyz
HeinzMustard
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Craziaskowboi
Atlanta Dan
jak341
tony hipchest
SteelerEmpire
Fire Arians
Wallace108
Vis
vasteeler
OX1947
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
SteelerSpartan
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:12 pm

THE WEEEEEED??? REALLY, THE WEEEEEED?????

Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 Stephen-a-smith-first-take-skip-bayless-2

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:31 pm

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 6:52 pm

Bouchette nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Craziaskowboi wrote:
Looks like Markus Wheaton will be the #2 WR this season.

@jhathhorn says that the likely plan for the #Steelers is keeping Wheaton in the slot and having Hayward-Bey be the other outside guy

James C Wexell

This will be the case.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Craziaskowboi wrote:
Looks like Markus Wheaton will be the #2 WR this season.

fortunately wheaton's looking like a legit #2. but smh @ bryant
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:24 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

#Steelers WR Martavis Bryant’s looming 4-game suspension is for multiple failed marijuana tests, source said.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:37 pm

What an idiot.

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 7:53 pm

LOL. Genius got busted twice before his second season. Steelers making news for all of the wrong reasons. Come on, dammit!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:08 pm

Maryjanetavis Bryant better learn his lesson really soon because his next positive test will mean a 10 game suspension...
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:13 pm

NFL slated to start the season with more than 30 players suspended

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 27, 2015

The NFL has suspended more than 30 players this offseason.

Our NFL 2015 suspension tracker currently has the names of 34 players on it, with the possibility that more suspensions could still be coming.

It’s still possible that some suspensions could be overturned. Steelers receiver Martavis Bryant is still appealing his four-game substance-abuse suspension, while Patriots* quarterback Tom Brady is still going through the courts to battle his four-game Deflategate suspension.

The two longest suspensions handed down this offseason were the 16-game bans given to Browns receiver Josh Gordon and Dolphins defensive end Dion Jordan. Some of the suspended players are little-known free agents who likely wouldn’t play in Week One anyway, but some of the noteworthy suspensions include six games for 49ers receiver Jerome Simpson, four games for Chargers tight end Antonio Gates, four games for Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson, four games for Cowboys linebacker Rolando McClain, four games for Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy, two games for Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell, one game for Patriots* running back LeGarrette Blount and one game for Bills defensive tackle Marcell Dareus.

In all, players have been suspended for a cumulative 159 games for the 2015 season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/27/nfl-slated-to-start-the-season-with-more-than-30-players-suspended/
Back to top Go down
Rhyno

Rhyno

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Maryjanetavis Bryant better learn his lesson really soon because his next positive test will mean a 10 game suspension...

Anyone think the F.O. saw the writing on the wall with this guy and drafted Coates as his replacement?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:18 pm

I've already prepared his speech:

"I want to apologize to Mr. Rooney, my teammates, and Steelers' fans. I wasn't aware of the ingredients in the product/supplement I was using and now know that I need to ask more questions about the products I'm utilizing/ingesting."

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I've already prepared his speech:

"I want to apologize to Mr. Rooney, my teammates, and Steelers' fans.  I wasn't aware of the ingredients in the product/supplement I was using and now know that I need to ask more questions about the products I'm utilizing/ingesting."

here's a pic of the product/supplement Maryjanetavis was using:

Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 Buds
Back to top Go down
ETL

ETL

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:44 pm

All I can say is ....

WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED LACY INSTEAD!!

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 9:56 pm

You make a mistake, you try to learn from it.

He didn't...what an idiot.

Fails a test last year. Fails a test to start this year.

Memo to Martavis: "Give up the weed and try vodka."
"Not better for you but at least you won't fail a test."
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:07 pm

I mean really.....do you want to be a badass NFL wr who makes some coin on his 2nd contract or do you want to smoke weed and be repeatidly suspended until your kicked out of the league??

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 10:31 pm

Just bad news on bad news on bad news for the Steelers.

And I had high hopes for Bryant.

Too soon?

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 11:12 pm

Coates needs to step up -
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:00 am

Hope he doesn't go all Josh Gordon on us. He was known for immaturity issues at Clemson but hopefully he learns from this.

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 12:32 am

I'll start by saying that weed is NOOOOTTTT a performance enhancing drug, and I really don't know why any athlete should be tested for it. If they get busted like Le'Veon did, then yeah there should be a suspension, and that kind of behavior discouraged. Otherwise, I'd say it's no different than consuming alcohol or riding a crotch rocket through downtown Pittsburgh at 80 mph with no helmet on, which would be your own business, stupid or not.

All that being said, this might be the issue that puts Tomlin in the hot seat. Oh sure, his draft picks have mostly sucked, a lot of new talent hasn't developed as well as it could have, he can't manage a clock very good, and sometimes he almost trips people. But none of those things have managed to make the Rooney's nervous enough to start shopping around, or at least not publicly. So when you have 2 (starting) players missing the first few games because of substance abuse, which is a problem the team has not experienced much of prior, you have to start questioning what kind of culture is being propagated in the locker room.

I really hope I've heard the last of this crap......even the broke people I know have the ability to pass a whiz quiz.

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:37 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
You make a mistake, you try to learn from it.

He didn't...what an idiot.

Fails a test last year.  Fails a test to start this year.

Memo to Martavis:  "Give up the weed and try vodka."
"Not better for you but at least you won't fail a test."
true story.

Maybe I won't be getting the autographed bumblebee martavis Bryant Jersey I bought in the offseason framed. Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 294855916

. .
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 1:55 am

SteelerEmpire wrote:
Welp. Time to go get Santonio Holmes

Let's not get crazy. Moss is still out there. Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 5:54 am

What an idiot! And all this shit in a season where we have the toughest schedule of the league. Let's hope this is the last set back for the team.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:15 am

Rhyno wrote:
LOL. Genius got busted twice before his second season. Steelers making news for all of the wrong reasons. Come on, dammit!

According to Ed B. of the P-G this moron was busted four times to draw a four game suspension under the current rules Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 1505004552

Now we know why the Steelers drafted receiver Sammie Coates in the third round this year. They had to know that Martavis Bryant was on the verge of a suspension for what was reported by NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport as repeated failed drug tests for marijuana.

What is interesting about this is the new NFL drug policy passed last September liberalized the discipline meted out for marijuana use.

Here is what it is:

--- First positive test puts the player in the substance abuse program with no other discipline.

--- Second positive draws a two-game fine.

--- Third positive draws a four-game fine.

--- Fourth positive draws a four-game suspension.

Therefore, for the NFL to suspend Bryant, he had to test positive for marijuana on four separate occasions. This also would not have been the old “second-hand” marijuana smoke either because the threshold for a positive test of marijuana in the system was more than doubled by the NFL in its new drug policy.

Bryant isn’t the only one who has failed multiple tests. New York Jets defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson also was suspended this year for four games for marijuana use.

We do not know when Bryant failed all these tests. He had to have failed one last summer and gone into the system because otherwise he would not have been tested once preseason games started.

So he may have been playing his rookie season for a lot less money because since the NFL has now suspended him for four games, the other steps would have included fines of six weeks pay. Perhaps that is why the Steelers did not dress him for the first xx games of the season.

He will lose another four games this season of pay this season as well as play for the first time, pending his appeal that is reportedly going on.

His next positive test would draw a 10-game suspension.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/08/28/Did-Bryant-Really-Fail-4-Drug-Tests/stories/201508280001
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:36 am

Article from USA Today: R. Foster would help Bryant in suspension appeal talks. Not sure what he could say or do to change the situation.

Also, from the USA Today article:

Quote :
In only his second season, Bryant is a first time offender and was never disciplined in college for any sort of substance abuse violations.  The NFL could potentially take Bryant’s clean record into account when determining a reduction of games.

I trust our beat writers and reporters more that USA Today writers in this case [see Ed. B.'s blog].

Full story here:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/08/27/ramon-foster-stands-ready-to-go-to-bat-for-martavis-bryant-in-nflpa-talks/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bryant facing 4 game suspension   Bryant facing 4 game suspension - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bryant facing 4 game suspension
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next