Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFire Scobee, now! - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Fire Scobee, now!

Go down 
+30
Steeler-in-west
Stella Nation
pczach
solardave
BlackAndGold
OX1947
Hawaii 5-0
Vis
jak341
Steelcitian
SoCalFan
JonM229
lotas
IowaSteeler927
SteelerSpartan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
tony hipchest
schillah
Wallace108
TESS743
Lokki
ImperialFan
Drizztbob
Steel Peon
Steeler Zach
zcoop
SteelerEmpire
SteelCity4Life
Master_Of_Puppets
Fire Arians
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:03 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Then again maybe he is just washed up and should retire before he makes millions of fans want to kill them selves again.

I'm ok with this part

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 6:27 am

JonM229 wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
Then again maybe he is just washed up and should retire before he makes millions of fans want to kill them selves again.

I'm ok with this part

Those are inflammatory comments coming from a man that showers with animals. I'm outraged! Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Josh Scobee now says he was hurt in Steelers’ costly loss

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 19, 2015

Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpta2mgq1otyyogyzmjy5mzu5ntfhogiyodm1mgixzdmw-e1443782106185

If the playoffs started today, the Steelers would miss out on a tiebreaker. If they had beaten the Ravens in Week Four, they’d have a one-game lead in the wild card race. And if they had known heading into that Ravens game that kicker Josh Scobee was hurt, they might have won that game.

Scobee missed two field goals in the fourth quarter of a game the Steelers lost to the Ravens in overtime, and he now says he got hurt in practice the day before that game but didn’t tell the team.

“I’m just now healthy enough to where I’m open to going to a new team,” Scobee told the Florida Times Union. “No one really knew about it [the injuries] because I just didn’t talk about it. After I got released, I didn’t talk about it.”

Scobee told the team that he only had a “tweak” of his leg. If the Steelers had known he was injured badly enough that he simply couldn’t be counted on, they surely would have signed another kicker, and likely would have won the game against the Ravens.

“They didn’t know much about it,” he said. “I think they would have made the same decision [about cutting him]. It’s unfortunate, but things happen for a reason.”

Scobee is hoping to return to the NFL. If he does, he’d be wise to be forthright with his next team if he’s too hurt to kick accurately.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/19/josh-scobee-now-says-he-was-hurt-in-steelers-costly-loss/
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 2:39 pm

I guess Scobee's leg also was "tweaked" when he missed FGs in New England and the extra point in the San Francisco game

Maybe his "tweaked" leg is why Jax let him go too

Vick & Scobee can market themselves as a package deal to teams looking for burned out players

But looking on the bright side, Steelers may have their place kicker set up for the future
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Former Steelers kicker Josh Scobee officially a member of the New Orleans Saints

By Jeff.Hartman on Mar 5, 2016

Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 Usa-today-8779321.0

Josh Scobee was bad in 2015, but apparently not bad enough to be unemployed in 2016. The veteran kicker signed a one-year deal with the Saints Friday.

Before you check your watch, phone or calendar on your electronic device -- it is not April 1st. In other words, this is not an April Fool's joke.

Josh Scobee is now a member of the New Orleans Saints.

The former kicker for the Pittsburgh Steelers, who was released from his duties after an absolutely dreadful beginning of the season, has found a new home in the Big Easy.

Scobee claimed to be injured after he was released from his duties with the Steelers, but nothing official was ever announced by both Scobee or the Steelers. According to Rapoport's tweet, the injury was to his hip flexor, and he is now completely healed.

Maybe Scobee was injured when in Pittsburgh, but it doesn't lesson the sting of what transpired when he was in the black and gold. The missed field goals against the New England Patriots*, and especially the Baltimore Ravens game at Heinz Field which were absolutely gut-wrenching to watch.

Scobee is now someone else's concerns, but for those who doubt there will be a market for a kicker like Shaun Suisham if he proves he is healthy...someone just signed Josh Scobee. Case closed.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/3/5/11164532/former-steelers-kicker-josh-scobee-officially-a-member-of-the-new
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:14 am

I tweaked my balls watching him kick. So, we are even now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Scobee, now!   Fire Scobee, now! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Scobee, now!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4