Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeACL for Beachum, his season is over Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ACL for Beachum, his season is over

Go down 
+28
BKAnthem
LambertWardSteel
PhantomJB93
fer69
steelers5895
pczach
effyou515
DesertSteel
Fire Arians
jak341
solardave
IowaSteeler927
marvology
tony hipchest
LambertLunatic
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcrazy
SteelersCanada
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelerFreak58
SteelerSpartan
MostHateD
SteelCity4Life
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
Hawaii 5-0
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

ACL for Beachum, his season is over Empty
PostSubject: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:38 pm

Dale Lolley ‏@dlolleyor

Acl for Beachum season is over #Steelers

https://twitter.com/dlolleyor
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Sorry to hear that

Lose the top shelf center and the LT

Tough for Beachum in a FA season
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:42 pm

Bummer. That's awful.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 pm

Damn, that really sucks. First Pouncey, now Beachum. I had a feeling that was a season ender, it looked just like Ben's injury. Worse even.

O line will have to do its job like it did today. We've lost people in KC including Ben, to injury.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. ACL for Beachum, his season is over 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Sorry to hear that

I'll bet Beachum wishes he would have signed that contract extension now...
Back to top Go down
MostHateD
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:49 pm

He played like utter garbage today.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:51 pm

Damn it....

Such a thrilling game....and these injuries have to come in an ruin my high.....

I'm also worried about Tuitt, he limped off the field in the 4th and I didn't see him back in there either

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Villanueva did a solid job hope he can maintain it!
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 7:02 pm

MostHateD wrote:
He played like utter garbage today.

Agreed he was getting run over by cbs and safeties off blitzes.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 8:04 pm

AV played very well today in pass protection. He needs work in the run game, but he played very well in pass pro.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:08 pm

looked nasty..Theisman-esque..hope its not a career ender

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:00 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Sorry to hear that

I'll bet Beachum wishes he would have signed that contract extension now...

Yeah, that is always the risk. I hope he is OK and comes back from the injury. Next man up.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:46 am

If this keeps up, the Steelers are going to have to draft offensive linemen in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION ACL for Beachum, his season is over 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 am

stlrtruck wrote:
If this keeps up, the Steelers are going to have to draft offensive linemen in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Mike Adams is rested and ready ACL for Beachum, his season is over 184121345

Mike Adams may now get another chance with Beachum out, if his back is healthy enough. Adams is eligible to start practicing and come off the PUP at any time.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/10/19/What-Other-Wasted-Draft-Pick-Can-Step-Up/stories/201510190001

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:48 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Mike Adams may now get another chance with Beachum out, if his back is healthy enough. Adams is eligible to start practicing and come off the PUP at any time.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2015/10/19/What-Other-Wasted-Draft-Pick-Can-Step-Up/stories/201510190001

I thought Adams was cut and didn't make the 53 ACL for Beachum, his season is over 1797695198

Beachum has played poor the last couple of games but our OL is getting thin now. Villanueva did a solid job though.
Back to top Go down
LambertLunatic
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:59 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

Is this the same Mike Adams that we all called a bust and wanted cut? He hasn't shown enough for us to think that he could step in and save a game, let alone a season. Next thing you know, someone' here is going to call for Landry Jones to start over Vick! ACL for Beachum, his season is over 1841364231
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Steelers place Kelvin Beachum on Reserve/Injured List

Teams signs offensive tackle Byron Stingily to the Active Roster.

PITTSBURGH, Pa. ─ The Steelers placed offensive tackle Kelvin Beachum on the Reserve/Injured List and signed offensive tackle Byron Stingily, the team announced today.

Beachum played in each of the team’s first six games in 2015, before suffering a leg injury in Sunday’s game vs. Arizona.

Stingily started 9-of-20 games played with the Tennessee Titans from 2012-14, before being released on September 5, 2015. The 6-5, 318-pound Louisville product entered the NFL as a sixth-round (175th overall) draft selection of the Titans in 2011 out of Louisville. He will wear No. 79.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-1/Steelers-place-Kelvin-Beachum-on-ReserveInjured-List/93f5e462-1292-4fad-9258-fb0cec80aa33
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:04 pm

Steelers' Beachum at peace after ACL tear that could cost him millions

By Mark Kaboly
Monday, Oct. 19, 2015

ACL for Beachum, his season is over Jpeg

Kelvin Beachum could only crack a smile, and you have to give him credit for that considering in a blink of an eye, he potentially lost millions of dollars.

Beachum tore the ACL in his left knee during the first half of Sunday's 25-13 win over Arizona and was placed on season-ending injured reserve Monday — two months before a certain payday that would have guaranteed him millions.

“It is what it is, man,” Beachum said Monday. “You can't worry about that type of stuff. That stuff will take care of itself when it is time to, and I said that from the get-go. I am a football player and this is one of the things that happen when you play football. It's part of the game.”

Beachum is in the final year of his rookie contract that paid him an average of $530,000 a season. The Steelers and Beachum weren't able to agree to an extension before the start of the season and Beachum had no choice but to play out his contract and test free agency in March.

Left tackles who started 34 consecutive games, including playing every snap like last year, are worth a lot. The top 12 left tackles in the league make anywhere between $8 million and $13 million a season. Beachum likely would have fallen in the lower end of that number.

A knee injury like Beachum suffered typically take a year to fully heal, and it's unlikely a team would offer big money to a player with such uncertainty surrounding him.

“(Sunday) was tough just dealing with the whole issue,” Beachum said.

“It's terrible,” guard David DeCastro said. “You hate to see something like that happen, but we have to move on.”

Enter Alejandro Villanueva.

The Steelers will transition from the smallest left tackle in the league to one of the biggest.

Villanueva, a former Army Ranger who was just moved to offensive line a little more than a year ago, is 6-foot-9, 340 pounds and will take over the position starting Sunday in Kansas City. The Steelers added veteran tackle Byron Stingily on Monday to provide depth.

“He's going to be just fine,” Beachum said of Villanueva. “I will be here to help him — a shoulder to lean on and somebody to talk to.”

Villanueva was signed last preseason after spending time with the Eagles as a defensive lineman. The Steelers moved him to tackle and put him on the practice squad as a project.

This year, the Steelers tested him as much as they could during the preseason. Villanueva played a team-high 232 snaps in five preseason games.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/9288758-74/beachum-steelers-acl#ixzz3p4bs6poh
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:31 pm

I feel bad for him. One of the good guys and great stories of the NFL.

However I look forward to seeing Villanueva succeed

. .
Back to top Go down
marvology
Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 11:40 pm

Beachum will probably get paid next year by someone. Guy's got too much discipline not to rehab right. Probably last we've seen of him in black and gold.

http://www.marvbook.com
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:23 am

I hope it's not the last we've seen of Beachum. Such a good kid, good attitude, and great work ethic. If you follow him on facebook he's a pretty outstanding human being as well. Well spoken. Just an all around good guy, good player, and good teammate. I would hate to see him go somewhere else.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:05 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I hope it's not the last we've seen of Beachum. Such a good kid, good attitude, and great work ethic. If you follow him on facebook he's a pretty outstanding human being as well. Well spoken. Just an all around good guy, good player, and good teammate. I would hate to see him go somewhere else.

This injury could be the reason why we could re-sign him. I doubt a lot of teams will gamble on him by the start of next season. We might be able to sign an incentive driven extension. It could happen. I'd like to see him stay.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 3:12 am

solardave wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

This injury could be the reason why we could re-sign him. I doubt a lot of teams will gamble on him by the start of next season. We might be able to sign an incentive driven extension. It could happen. I'd like to see him stay.

I hope so man. He's not just a good player, he's a good person, and a good teammate. Those are the kinds of guys we want to keep around. Who knows though. Right now Villanueva has a chance to shine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:47 am

The Kaboly story said although ACL recovery times have improved Beachum is looking for a year to fully heal.

Hard to see a team laying out big $$$ for someone who may not be at full speed for training camp and was having an uneven season this year. Steelers may get a chance to bring him back on a short term deal but my guess is they were ready to move on at LT once they could not get a deal done this summer

I feel bad for Beachum - just another example of why players justifiably are always trying to get paid now since a career can blow up at anytime
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 am

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Beachum back. I can see the Steelers offering him the same contract they offered this year to him next year.

The only way I don't see him back is if Villanueva becomes an all pro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over Empty

Back to top Go down

ACL for Beachum, his season is over
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next