Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ACL for Beachum, his season is over

Go down 
+28
BKAnthem
LambertWardSteel
PhantomJB93
fer69
steelers5895
pczach
effyou515
DesertSteel
Fire Arians
jak341
solardave
IowaSteeler927
marvology
tony hipchest
LambertLunatic
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcrazy
SteelersCanada
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelerFreak58
SteelerSpartan
MostHateD
SteelCity4Life
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
Hawaii 5-0
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 1:14 pm

Tomlin Praises Beachum's Position Flexibility During End Of Season Press Conference

by Dave Bryan
Jan. 20, 2016

“Beachum's played guard and center in the past,” said Tomlin when asked...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/tomlin-praises-beachums-position-flexibility-during-end-of-season-press-conference/
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 1:38 pm

one year, vet minimum

i kid ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 1797695198

well, he should have accepted the extension, he'll probably get less now, or play elsewhere for less than he got offered.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Tomlin Praises Beachum's Position Flexibility During End Of Season Press Conference

by Dave Bryan
Jan. 20, 2016

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/tomlin-praises-beachums-position-flexibility-during-end-of-season-press-conference/

Let Foster walk, move Beachum to guard and let Captain V continue to develop. V is just too big to play anywhere else on the O line.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2016 4:34 pm

DesertSteel wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

by Dave Bryan
Jan. 20, 2016

to read rest of article:

Let Foster walk, move Beachum to guard and let Captain V continue to develop. V is just too big to play anywhere else on the O line.

LT's get paid well. I think Beach is going to want a contract like a top 10 LT and not a mediocre guard. I still think they let Foster walk and try to fill with a draft pick or Hubbard. AV isn't polished yet, but may be the best option for a low priced serviceable LT to save some cap space in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:05 pm

jak341 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Beachum back. I can see the Steelers offering him the same contract they offered this year to him next year.

The only way I don't see him back is if Villanueva becomes an all pro.

Pro Football Focus graded Villanueva 48th out of 76 OTs who played at least 25% of the snaps this past season...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 2:47 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
jak341 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Beachum back. I can see the Steelers offering him the same contract they offered this year to him next year.

The only way I don't see him back is if Villanueva becomes an all pro.

Pro Football Focus graded Villanueva 48th out of 76 OTs who played at least 25% of the snaps this past season...

liked the way Villanueva improved and see how he does going though another training camp.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:49 pm

Report: Kelvin Beachum Not Interested In Moving To Guard

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/02/report-kelvin-beachum-not-interested-in-moving-to-guard/
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/02/report-kelvin-beachum-not-interested-in-moving-to-guard/

I had a feeling he wouldn't want to move away from the money that the LT position offers. Guards just don't make the money that tackles do. Particularly left tackles.

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:20 pm

As pczach said, guards make less than a LT - no need for Beachum to start having that conversation until nobody wants to offer a big contract to an undersized LT coming off major knee surgery who was having a more uneven season than 2014 even before the injury

Never a good move to bargain against yourself - that is the job of the guy on the other side of the negotiating table

Beachum's agent and Beachum scripted their talking points well
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 10:28 pm

pczach wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I had a feeling he wouldn't want to move away from the money that the LT position offers. Guards just don't make the money that tackles do. Particularly left tackles.

I don't think Beachum is a "phone booth guy" as Mike Mayock would say.  He's a a zone block guard or utility player inside IMO.  The Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald, Danny Shelton type players would blow him up.  He's best on the outside against lighter DE's and OLB's in the pass rush and the run game.  If he commands good LT money, they will roll with AV and look for a veteran backup.

FYI, I just read that Mike Adams being on the PUP list the entire year delays his free agency. So if he has recovered from his back injury, then AV starts at LT. Gilbert at RT and Adams as the backup swing tackle if Beachum commands too much money. That is all contingent on Adams recovery.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:09 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
pczach wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I don't think Beachum is a "phone booth guy" as Mike Mayock would say.  He's a a zone block guard or utility player inside IMO.  The Geno Atkins, Aaron Donald, Danny Shelton type players would blow him up.  He's best on the outside against lighter DE's and OLB's in the pass rush and the run game.  If he commands good LT money, they will roll with AV and look for a veteran backup.

FYI, I just read that Mike Adams being on the PUP list the entire year delays his free agency.  So if he has recovered from his back injury, then AV starts at LT.  Gilbert at RT and Adams as the backup swing tackle if Beachum commands too much money.  That is all contingent on Adams recovery.

I completely agree with your assessment of Beachum as a player and how he would transition to guard. I was simply stating the obvious in regards to his ability to earn a salary at the LT position.

I never believed he would be a good guard. He struggles in run blocking at LT, he would be physically overwhelmed at guard IMO. The only scenario I could see him being able to excel would be when pulling, trapping, or in zone blocking because of his mobility and quickness.

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:28 am

pczach wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
pczach wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

FYI, I just read that Mike Adams being on the PUP list the entire year delays his free agency.  So if he has recovered from his back injury, then AV starts at LT.  Gilbert at RT and Adams as the backup swing tackle if Beachum commands too much money.  That is all contingent on Adams recovery.

I completely agree with your assessment of Beachum as a player and how he would transition to guard. I was simply stating the obvious in regards to his ability to earn a salary at the LT position.

I never believed he would be a good guard. He struggles in run blocking at LT, he would be physically overwhelmed at guard IMO. The only scenario I could see him being able to excel would be when pulling, trapping, or in zone blocking because of his mobility and quickness.

Thanks for the insights by pczach and El Gonzo Jackson

I would like for Beachum to stay for the right price, but as has been noted, the Steelers are not at risk of losing the equivalent of Anthony Munoz in his prime if Beachum moves on

Being able to play guard and play it proficiently are not the same standards
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:30 pm

“Beachum is a top 5 LT just saying,” Steelers tackle Marcus Gilbert posted ...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/steelers-marcus-gilbert-kelvin-beachum-top-5-left-tackle/
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 10:49 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/steelers-marcus-gilbert-kelvin-beachum-top-5-left-tackle/

Among those on the Steelers roster or in the AFC North I agree
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 1:11 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Among those on the Steelers roster or in the AFC North I agree
ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 3562723908

Joe Thomas, Tyron Smith, Jared Veldheer, Andrew Whitworth, Michael Oher, Russell Okung, Jason Peters, Trent Williams, Matt Khalil, Sebastian Vollmer, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Duane Brown, Taylor Lewan, David Bhaktiari and others agree.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 3:27 am

I absolutely believe Beachum is a Top 10 talent, maybe not a Top 5 but he's a good player. He has an excellent work ethic, a great attitude, excellent character, and he knows how to act like a professional. I personally believe he has yet to hit his ceiling and it sucked to see him go down with that injury. This is a guy that was a 7th Round Pick. It's absolutely unreal that he developed into a starting left tackle when he was barely drafted in the first place. He might not be the prototypical Left Tackle as far as size and intangibles but the kid has heart, and he plays his ass off.

He'd be a huge upgrade for any team looking for an LT. I wish him the absolute best wherever he ends up whether that's with us, or with another team.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 5:06 pm

PRO FOOTBALL FOCUS TOP 10 OFFENSIVE LINE FREE AGENTS

by MATT CLAASSEN

With the offseason underway for all but the final two teams, we are beginning to look ahead to free agency. Emphasis on offensive line performance has grown the last few years, particularly in pass protection as the league continues to evolve into a pass-heavy league and college players continue to run spread-heavy offenses. We are taking into account more than just each player’s 2015 grade, but also previous seasons, age, skill-sets, among other aspects, to give you the top 10 free agent offensive linemen of 2016.

(Editor’s note: Each players’ overall season grade for only 2015 is noted next to his name; grades fall within PFF’s new 1–100 scale.)

1. Cordy Glenn, OT (85.0)
2015 team: Buffalo Bills

Cordy Glenn is not a name that gets mentioned when discussing the best offensive tackles in the game, but he has had four solid years as a starter and has been the only consistent Bills’ offensive linemen over that span. Outside of a poor performance in Buffalo’s season finale against the Jets, Glenn had the best season of his short career. He graded as the ninth-best tackle in the league, and seventh in pass protection, where he allowed just two sacks and two hits all season.

2. Kelechi Osemele, G/OT (79.6)
2015 team: Baltimore Ravens

In his first full and healthy season at guard in 2014, Osemele had a breakout year that put him among the best left guards in the league. His strength is in the run game, but that doesn’t diminish his success as a pass protector. Over the past two regular seasons, Osemele has had just two below average games as a pass blocker—one of which came while playing tackle—and he’s averaged fewer than one pressure allowed per game when at guard. And while Osemele is best-suited to play guard, he offers proven positional versatility that none of the other top offensive line free agents can provide by being capable of playing either tackle position if needed.

3. Kelvin Beachum, OT (79.4)
2015 team: Pittsburgh Steelers

If not for his torn ACL, Beachum might have been even higher on this list. The former seventh-round pick was the fifth-highest graded tackle in 2014. He allowed just 19 total pressures on 687 snaps in pass protection, and his pass blocking efficiency of 97.5 ranked third among tackles that season. He was a bit more up and down during his brief stint in 2015, but still earned a good pass-blocking grade and an average run-block grade. The ACL injury is a concern, but his upside when healthy is as good as any of the free agents, and he’s still just 27 years old.

4. Mitchell Schwartz, OT (86.6)
2015 team: Cleveland Browns

Schwartz may have been snubbed from Sunday’s Pro Bowl, but he played well enough to earn our second-team All-Pro spot at right tackle. Although he did allow 43 total pressures this season, he also was tied for the most snaps in pass protection with a whopping 705; by comparison, only 15 tackles had more than 600 pass-block snaps. Schwartz has earned a positive overall grade in all four seasons, and is coming off the best season of his career. In addition, Schwartz has not missed a single snap out of 4,427 over his four years in the league.

to read rest of article:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/27/pro-top-10-offensive-line-free-agents/
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 5:12 pm

The more I think of this, he is a must re-sign. Ben has to be kept upright. IF he recovers to where the organization has a level of comfort he can play at the same level, I think you bring him back.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2016 10:05 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers:

2/17: The Steelers will allow Kelvin Beachum to test the market. - Jeremy Fowler, ESPN

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert on Kelvin Beachum: "We'll see where the market goes.

http://www.walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 6:21 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers:

2/17: The Steelers will allow Kelvin Beachum to test the market. - Jeremy Fowler, ESPN

The way everything played out this past season, this isn't a surprise.

With his injury, the development of Villanueva, Adams returning, and the salary cap issues, they don't want to offer him a big contract. Let him go out and shop around. They will probably ask him if he would give the team a last chance to keep him at a number they probably already know.

Unless he gives a discount to stay in Pittsburgh, it's probably unlikely that they will be able to sign him.

Such is life in the NFL.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2016 8:23 am

pczach wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers:

With his injury, the development of Villanueva, Adams returning, and the salary cap issues, they don't want to offer him a big contract. Let him go out and shop around. They will probably ask him if he would give the team a last chance to keep him at a number they probably already know.

Unless he gives a discount to stay in Pittsburgh, it's probably unlikely that they will be able to sign him.

Such is life in the NFL.

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 10:44 am

pczach wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Pittsburgh Steelers:

Such is life in the NFL.

Yep - this from The Washington Post today

The NFL’s top five free agents at each position...

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN...
1. Kelechi Osemele: Run-blocking guard has played 51 games across four seasons with the Ravens.
2. Alex Mack: Top center in free agency has made 101 career starts with the Browns.
3. Mitchell Schwartz: Started all 16 games as the Browns’ right tackle in four straight seasons.
4. Russell Okung: Serving as his own agent, left tackle has made 72 career starts.
5. Kelvin Beachum: Left tackle played well before tearing his anterior cruicate ligament in Week 7., but the left tackle played well before that

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/03/07/the-nfls-top-five-free-agents-at-each-position/

SI.com also places high value on Beachum

NFL’s top 100 free agents of 2016

28. Kelvin Beachum, LT
Beachum had rapidly improved to become an upper echelon left tackle when he tore his ACL in Week 7. He’s only 26, and depending on his health, he may shoot up this free agency board. Best fit: Titans.

But FWIW SI.com also says Foster stays

31. Ramon Foster, OG
Foster has quietly been a steady presence on a Steelers line that has endured more than its fair share of injuries in recent years. He can play anywhere in a pinch. Best fit: Steelers.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/03/07/nfl-free-agency-top-100-players

Some team with cap space and no left tackle will pay more than the Steelers will
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

The NFL’s top five free agents at each position...

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN...
1. Kelechi Osemele: Run-blocking guard has played 51 games across four seasons with the Ravens.
2. Alex Mack: Top center in free agency has made 101 career starts with the Browns.
3. Mitchell Schwartz: Started all 16 games as the Browns’ right tackle in four straight seasons.
4. Russell Okung: Serving as his own agent, left tackle has made 72 career starts.
5. Kelvin Beachum: Left tackle played well before tearing his anterior cruicate ligament in Week 7., but the left tackle played well before that

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/03/07/the-nfls-top-five-free-agents-at-each-position/

Of those five offensive linemen, this is the status of the four other than Beachum

1. Kelechi Osemele - signed with Raiders (five-year, $58.5 million contract that includes $25.4 million guaranteed)
2. Alex Mack - signed with Falcons (five-year, $42 million contract which includes $18 million guaranteed)
3. Mitchell Schwartz (five-year, $33 million contract with about $12.6 million guaranteed)
4. Russell Okung - unsigned

Beachum still looking for a home

Kelvin Beachum, the Steelers starting left tackle until his ACL was torn in the sixth game last season, has a visit lined up with the New York Jets, according to several reports.

Beachum, an unrestricted free agent, turned down contract offers from the Steelers before the start of the 2015 season. They have been talking to him this year about re-signing but also could not come to terms.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/03/11/Steelers-pick-up-6th-round-draft-pick-pittsburgh/stories/201603110240
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 5:34 pm

The Jets, another place where careers go to die.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:13 pm

Okung doesn't have an agent and is representing himself. I say Colbert and Omar Khan pull a jedi mind trick and sign him for cheap before he gets an agent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ACL for Beachum, his season is over
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next