Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

ACL for Beachum, his season is over

Go down 
+28
BKAnthem
LambertWardSteel
PhantomJB93
fer69
steelers5895
pczach
effyou515
DesertSteel
Fire Arians
jak341
solardave
IowaSteeler927
marvology
tony hipchest
LambertLunatic
Stella Nation
stlrtruck
El-Gonzo Jackson
steelcrazy
SteelersCanada
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
SteelerFreak58
SteelerSpartan
MostHateD
SteelCity4Life
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Atlanta Dan
Hawaii 5-0
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:59 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Okung doesn't have an agent and is representing himself.  I say Colbert and Omar Khan pull a jedi mind trick and sign him for cheap before he gets an agent.  

I read Okung was meeting with the 49ers, which means he is shopping for whoever pays the most since he already has a ring.

Beachum allegedly has added the Seahawks to his tour - someone (not the Steelers) will give Beachum a multi-year deal
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:22 pm

Steelers line up meetings with several tackles

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2016, 12:59 PM EDT

The Steelers turned to Alejandro Villanueva at left tackle last season after Kelvin Beachum tore his ACL, but it doesn’t look like they are standing pat at the position with Beachum now taking visits with other clubs as an unrestricted free agent.

Russell Okung is visiting with the Steelers on Sunday and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the team has also lined up visits with Ryan Harris and Chris Hairston.

Okung,who is representing himself in free agency after spending the last six seasons with the Seahawks, has also drawn interest from the Giants and Lions since the start of free agency. He shared a picture of Lombardi Trophies from the Steelers facility that he called “beautiful” while adding that no decisions have been made about where he’ll spend the 2016 season.

Harris started all 16 games for the Broncos and held down the left tackle job after both Ryan Clady and Ty Sambrailo were lost for the season with injuries. Hairston made 11 starts for the Chargers last season and has also played guard during his five years in the NFL.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/13/steelers-line-up-meetings-with-several-tackles/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:34 pm

I dont really understand why we're looking at starting tackles.  I thought Villanueva showed enough last year, but even if he didn't, signing Beachum makes way more sense than these other guys we're looking at.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 2:40 pm

They may not trust Beachums knee that may be the reason for bringing in others.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:11 pm

This is stupid
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:32 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
They may not trust Beachums knee that may be the reason for bringing in others.

Okung will be more expensive and has a way worse injury history.

Also, we already have 3 OL signed to big money deals, and DeCastro isn't far behind. It would be smart to be as cost-efficient at LT as possible, and I don't think Okung achieves that at all.

Last edited by PhantomJB93 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:34 pm

Jeremy Fowler wrote:
OT Russell Okung has completed his visit with Steelers, who made known their interested in signing him, per source.
Back to top Go down
BKAnthem

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:43 pm

Harris would be a nice swing,he can play both tackle spots, and he's bigger, more athletic then Beachum..I've been following him since he was a HS senior on an MTV show about teen college Football recruits His maturity at a young age impressed me..
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:46 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:
I dont really understand why we're looking at starting tackles.  I thought Villanueva showed enough last year, but even if he didn't, signing Beachum makes way more sense than these other guys we're looking at.
I like Villanueva, but he looked decent partly because he got lots of help. That's not a knock to him when you consider how little experience he has. I would want to have a LT who could handle the rusher on his own and he is not that kind of LT yet. Okung and Beachum are.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:11 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:

In 2016 both Villaneuva and Mike Adams contracts are over, so it seems prudent to look at an OT. Might not be sold on AV being the LT of the future given his age? Never hurts to look.
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:00 pm

It's reported that Okung has received offer from the Steelers. It's interesting because he supposes to get a bigger contract than Beachum. I wonder if the Steelers simply rate him higher than Beachum or Beachum is asking more than Okung.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:02 pm

I like it and I hope they get it done. Anything to help out Bens blind side
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 10:26 am

P-G broke down video on Villanueva's performance in the Broncos playoff game and explains why the Steelers are not excited about him being the main option at LT

Villanueva's pass protection issues likely the reason Steelers seem intent on signing a tackle

In another era, when the Steelers ran more often, Villanueva’s weaknesses wouldn’t be exposed so often. But in this offense the Steelers probably need a more reliable pass protector, which explains why they seem so intent on signing one.

Link to full article

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2016/03/15/Villanueva-s-pass-protection-issues-likely-the-reason-Steelers-seem-intent-on-signing-a-tackle
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 12:24 pm

That isnt fair, Von Miller was in 6th gear in the playoffs, no one could stop him.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 12:37 pm

OX1947 wrote:
That isnt fair, Von Miller was in 6th gear in the playoffs, no one could stop him.

I thought he did well considering what he was up against. And compared to all the other playoff / sb teams that played denver, AV did a great job. I honestly would be OK with giving the kid an extended look at LT, and just signing another backup tackle.

Ben had a lot of time to throw the ball at Denver and he torched their secondary without AB. I think our line is fine as long as we can keep them all, though beachum sounds like he's gonna be gone. JAX is gonna offer him $$ we don't have it seems.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Adam SchefterVerified account
‏@AdamSchefter

Former Steelers' OT Kelvin Beachum reached agreement with Jacksonville, per league source.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
Back to top Go down
Stryker

Stryker

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 5:50 pm

Really does want to become a Beachbum ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 1797695198

"It was time to go to the mattresses if you will" - Mike Tomlin

The worst tragedy in the world is running out of a pack of Luckies
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:34 pm

Jaguars sign OT Kelvin Beachum (5 years, $40 million): A- Grade

Five years and $40 million for a tackle coming off an ACL tear? Are the Jaguars insane? You might think so, based on the overall value of this contract. However, NFL deals can often be very deceiving, and that's the case here.

This pact is actually a 1-year agreement worth $4.5 million, and the rest of it is a 4-year, $35.5 million team option. So, with that in mind, this is a great move by the Jaguars. In order to finally make a playoff push, they'll need to provide Blake Bortles with adequate protection, which Luke Joeckel hasn't been capable of producing. Kelvin Beachum, if healthy, should be a big upgrade. If he plays well, the Jaguars simply can exercise the option. If not, then they didn't really lose anything.

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php#shpXGttesLTLuL7a.99
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 20, 2016 2:17 am

Greg Himonidis @himidaddy
@EdBouchette

you recall a year when we lost this many free agents? I get non are superstars but all played a role.

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette Mar 17
Ed Bouchette Retweeted Greg Himonidis

Should yield a bounty of comp picks in 2017

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Jaguars planning competition between Beachum and Joeckel at left tackle

Posted by Josh Alper on March 21, 2016

When the Jaguars drafted tackle Luke Joeckel with the second overall pick of the 2013 draft, the expectation was that he’d become a fixture on their offensive line for years to come.

Joeckel moved right into the starting lineup at right tackle as a rookie and was set to take over at left tackle when the Jags traded Eugene Monroe to the Ravens, but Joeckel broke his ankle and missed the final 11 games of the year. He has started 30 games at left tackle the last two seasons, although he hasn’t played up to the level expected and General Manager Dave Caldwell made it clear Monday that the arrival of Kelvin Beachum as a free agent this offseason is meant to get better play from the spot.

“They’re going to compete and that’s been the central theme of our team since [coach] Gus [Bradley] got here, is competition,” Caldwell said, via the team’s website. “Wherever we can find somebody to come in and compete at a reasonable rate, we’ll do that no matter what the position is.”

Beachum is coming off of a torn ACL and Caldwell said the team expects he will be ready to go early in training camp if not before. Beachum has played some guard in the past and Caldwell seemed to suggest that the loser of the competition could be an option to play guard when he said he was “sure both are going to play somewhere.” Asked specifically about Joeckel kicking inside, Caldwell said they’d see how things play out and gave a similar answer regarding the call on Joeckel’s fifth-year option that must be made in the next couple of months.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/21/jaguars-planning-competition-between-beachum-and-joeckel-at-left-tackle/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACL for Beachum, his season is over   ACL for Beachum, his season is over - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

ACL for Beachum, his season is over
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3