Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Drama Queen thinks he could play this week Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week

Go down 
+22
Fire Arians
vasteeler
ImperialFan
SteelerFreak58
FrancoLambert
lotas
FanSince72
jak341
SteelersYak
pczach
OX1947
tony hipchest
DesertSteel
solardave
IowaSteeler927
SteelCity4Life
SoCalFan
HeinzMustard
steelcityboyz
Atlanta Dan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Hawaii 5-0
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week Empty
PostSubject: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Ben Roethlisberger thinks he could play this week

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 19, 2015

The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week Cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq4mji5mzgyogjjyzvjmzk1yzu5mjflntg4zddjzgu4

After missing the last three games with a knee injury, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger thinks he could be a full participant in practice this week and play Sunday against the Chiefs.

“We’re going to tape it and brace it and I’m going to see what I can do,” Roethlisberger said after Sunday’s game. “My plan is to go out Wednesday and practice. We’ll see what happens. I know I’ve got to be smart about it. I’ve got to be able to defend myself. We’re just going to take it day by day.”

The initial diagnosis was that Roethlisberger would miss four to six weeks with an MCL sprain and bone bruise. Sunday’s game against the Chiefs is four weeks to the day after his Week Three injury against the Rams.

to read rest of article:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/19/ben-roethlisberger-thinks-he-could-play-this-week/
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:12 pm

My tune has changed on Landry and I wouldnt feel uncomfortable with him running the offense but like Fire Arians said in another thread, do we want BBs first game back to be against the Bungles?

Tape it, brace it, slap it, bop it. Do you what you gotta do. Big Ben needs to put Cincy down.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 2:26 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
My tune has changed on Landry and I wouldnt feel uncomfortable with him running the offense but like Fire Arians said in another thread, do we want BBs first game back to be against the Bungles?

Tape it, brace it, slap it, bop it. Do you what you gotta do. Big Ben needs to put Cincy down.

Play Ben with limited mobility on Sunday with a backup center and a left tackle starting his first game and Ben might not make it to the Cincinnati game

Chiefs offense is a wreck but all it takes is another rush off the edge to send the season into the dumpster

If someone would have told me when Ben left the Rams game that they would win that game and split the next 4 I would have taken it. Might rush Ben back if the Steelers were 2-4 rather than 4-2, but no pressing need to rush him back now
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger says he won't know if he can play next Sunday until he sees what happens when he tries to practice this week.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette
Back to top Go down
steelcityboyz

steelcityboyz

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:34 pm

If ben can play let him. he needs a warm up game before the bungles any way.
Back to top Go down
HeinzMustard

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Chiefs have a damn good D-line. Let Jones start. Steelers will be fine. No need for Ben (the franchise) to play until Bengals game. Steelers are 4-2. No need for panic.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Ben should dress, take limited snaps so he can get a feel on timing and be on stand by in case Jones goes down, that simple! (as I stated in another thread) The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week 1401235891

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 6:38 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
Ben should dress, take limited snaps so he can get a feel on timing and be on stand by in case Jones goes down, that simple! (as I stated in another thread) The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week 1401235891

This was my exact line of thinking after people asked who would be there if, god forbid, Landry went down.

Have Ben active if he's needed, maybe even give him a couple snaps, otherwise let Jones be the guy.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 am

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Steelers could very well use Tyler Murphy as backup to Landry Jones if Vick and Ben are out. Would be smart, actually.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly_Trib
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 am

A lot of people see the Chiefs as a gimme. I don't. That defense still has a lot of pride. Houston, Johnson, and Hali aren't just going to lay down and give up. I fully expect a defensive battle. I remember back in 2011 when I attended the Chiefs-Steelers game at Arrowhead that the Chiefs had Tyler Palko at QB and we still only managed to eek out a win 19-13.

If Ben is comfortable enough to play and is pretty close to 100% I say let him, but if it's questionable at all then we should see what we've got in Landry Jones by giving him the starting job for a week.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 1:38 am

While I would love to see Ben in there shaking off any rust (if we're gonna win this division it looks like we have to beat the Bengals twice) getting ready for the Bengals. I wouldn't want to see him in at less than fit to play condition. He needs to be mobile and I'm not sure he will be mobile if he's all taped up and possibly wearing a brace.
I know I'd feel much better with Jones in than seeing Vick take sacks in between incompletions. So I have to agree with having Ben as the backup to Jones this week or even play him the first series like preseason to see how mobile he is.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:17 am

solardave wrote:
While I would love to see Ben in there shaking off any rust (if we're gonna win this division it looks like we have to beat the Bengals twice) getting ready for the Bengals. I wouldn't want to see him in at less than fit to play condition. He needs to be mobile and I'm not sure he will be mobile if he's all taped up and possibly wearing a brace.
I know I'd feel much better with Jones in than seeing Vick take sacks in between incompletions. So I have to agree with having Ben as the backup to Jones this week or even play him the first series like preseason to see how mobile he is.

I just would hate to see him try and push himself too early and end up making things worse. That would suck.

Vick, he shouldn't see the field again unless Jones gets hurt. Jones first completion coming in ice cold off the bench was more yardage than Vick had passed for in nearly three quarters of football. It was painfully obvious how much better a grasp Jones has of this offense. I've been a huge critic of Jones but I will eat some crow. I think he might be one of those guys that doesn't practice all that well, but when it comes to a game he can come up big. Definitely need to see a little more out of him than just the sample size we saw against the Cardinals but he flat out floored me with how well he did end up playing.

DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: The BIG BEN Comeback Thread   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:20 pm

Who has an update on his status from today's practice? A tweet from a media type? Anything?
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Ben and Landry shared snaps but Ramon Foster said Landry took the majority

. .
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:16 pm

Ben says he is "excited to do a little more than he did last week."  Bell says "we're all excited."

Roethlisberger finishes 1st full practice since injury, 'excited' to increase reps

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13939027/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-excited-increase-practice-reps

I am excited Ben and Bell are excited.

P-G video before practice

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:54 pm

When Ben says he's tried 6 different knee braces, what he really means is he tried 2. We all know Ben embellishes everything.

Expect Tomlin tomorrow in his interviews with the press to state that he is only aware of been trying on two knee braces. The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week 1797695198

. .
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:03 am

Reporter: So, Coach, Ben isnt playing on Sunday, is he? Just a ploy to keep KC in the dark so they prepare for both QB's, right?

Tomlin: Obviously.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:04 am

Pittsburgh Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger practices well, gets mad about dropped passes

By Jacob Klinger | jklinger@pennlive.com
on October 21, 2015

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger gave some familiarity to Pittsburgh Steelers practice on Wednesday.

His voice in the huddle, his throws to familiar targets and his disappointment with teammates who came up short.

"He looked great out there today," Martavis Bryant said. "Some of the receivers and scout teamers dropped the ball and he was getting mad, but otherwise he looked good today."

Roethlisberger suffered a bone bruise and MCL sprain in his left knee on Sept. 27 against the St. Louis Rams that was reportedly set to keep him out for four to six weeks. He has missed three games since, and while head coach Mike Tomlin said Pittsburgh is preparing for the Kansas City Chiefs with Landry Jones as the starter, Roethlisberger was a limited participant in Wednesday's practice.

Both Bryant and Le'Veon Bell said the quarterback didn't look different from when he was practicing with the team a month ago and that Roethlisberger's knee feels a lot better. Jones also said Roethlisberger looked good and that he has some uncertainty over who will start on Sunday.

"Ben's back to his original self," Bryant said. "He wants to play, but at the same time you want to make sure his knee is OK."

to read rest of article:

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2015/10/steelers_roethlisberger_practices_drops.html
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:29 am

It's Ben's day as QB is ready to practice

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week Roethlisberger_Ben_practice96

Ben Roethlisberger said the decision to play this week is up to the coaches.

Ben Roethlisberger isn’t worried about the pain, he has played with pain before. The key factor for him, and what could be a decision-maker as to whether or not he plays this Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, is the stability of his knee.

“I can deal with pain,” said Roethlisberger. “Adrenaline helps with that a lot. The stability, we have a great training staff and doctors. We have about six different knee braces to try. John Norwig is going to tape it too. Today is going to be a trial and error type of thing. I have no idea what it is like to run, move, and get hit in the leg. I am not really sure yet.

“The pain will be there for a while. I can deal with pain.”

Roethlisberger suffered a sprained MCL against the St. Louis Rams on Sept. 27 and has missed the last three games. He said when the injury first happened, before he knew the severity of it, getting back this quick was hard to imagine.

“I knew the pain that I felt and I saw the look in the doctor’s eyes, so it was scary,” said Roethlisberger. “Once we got back, got the results the MRIs and talking to doc, it was encouraging.”

So encouraging that he worked in a limited role in practice last week, but he wants to take it to the next level this week. He said he isn’t certain how many reps he will get in practice, or what the final decision will be as to him playing this week as only time will tell if he will return to game action or not.

“That is not my call,” said Roethlisberger. “That is coach’s call. I am going to go out and practice and give it everything I have and let him make the decision.

“I am excited to get out there and do a little bit more than I have been doing last week.”

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Its-Bens-day-as-QB-is-ready-to-practice/26dcbd1f-7bb3-41cb-a96a-f813d7e82c4e
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:31 am

At this point I beleive if we can run the ball on KC and the D plays as well as they have been we can come away with a win. Jones will have to makes plays but he showed last week that he can do that. "That is the standard and we won't deviate". That was my Tomlin impersonation. The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week 1797695198
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:35 am

I think it's going to be a game time decision, I personally do not think he's coming back this week. The Chiefs are a beatable team with Jones in at QB, and I don't see them risking further injury to Ben when we've got a very important divisional game coming up on November 1st against the Bengals. I think this stuff is mostly smoke and mirrors to keep the Chiefs guessing as to who they're going to see under center this Sunday.

OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 1:42 am

Especially since Ben has gotten hurt the last two times they have played the Chefs.
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:51 am

The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week Ben-roethlisberger-nose

All drama queens play with broken noses...
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:16 am

Drama Queen. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:29 am

Merged this Drama Queen Thread with the Big Ben Comeback Thread. Same topic. Hawaii's came first so they are now merged.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week   The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week Empty

Back to top Go down

The Drama Queen thinks he could play this week
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next