Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!

Go down 
+9
IowaSteeler927
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
Wallace108
ImperialFan
vasteeler
JonM229
Fire Arians
tony hipchest
teegre
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
teegre

teegre

TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   Empty
PostSubject: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:30 am

The Steelers' season is not over. We are at a season low, but it will get better.

Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!
by Tiger Rowan

Relax. Calm down. Put down the razor blades. I know, I know: after Sunday’s loss, the Steelers are now three games behind the Bengals. But, the Steelers’ season is far from over.

For whatever reason, Steeler fans always want to obsess over the negatives, and after a loss like that, I can empathize… to a degree. But, for the love of Pete, stop with all of the “woe is us” self pity. There are plenty of teams that have had setbacks, but it is not the end of the world. Since so many Steeler fans are insistent about harping on the negatives, I shall instead focus solely on the positives.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/steelers-going-forward-was-it-over-when-the-germans-bombed-pearl-harbor/

Feel free to pass this along to anyone who may need a dose of optimism.

Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:42 am

I dont think it gets better.

There are 8 more games left.

That means 8 more starters to lose to injury.

I dont know why, but the Steelers are snakebit this year. It must be punishment for deflategate and employing James Harrison. TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   294855916

. .
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:46 am

Still a lot of football left, lets do dis
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:48 am

At least you guys are at .500

Cry me a river

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 12:59 pm

JonM229 wrote:

Cry me a river

If we did that one of your receivers would fall into it and tear something

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:37 pm

It was a good read Tiger, I always enjoy your articles. Is it just a Hobby there or do you write and get paid?

I agree- The reason you mentioned are all reasons why I agree. I also have a philosophy on life and luck in general. I'm a very non-superstitious guy. I don't believe in God, or Heaven or Hell. I dont believe in lucky rabbits foots.

I think that in life things average out. We have had horribe luck this season with injuries. They were all pretty normal unlucky freak accidents, just so happens it was the 2 best players on the field. Anyways, now heading to the second half I find it highly unlikely that we keep losing people at this rate, that would be like the worst luck a teams ever had. Bryants suspension is over. I think we will get healthy, stay healthy, the offense will play better and the defense will improve. Will it translate to wins?It should. Playoffs? Theres a decent chance. Superbowl? Unlikely, we wont be able to beat the Pats* in foxboro or the broncos in denver unless we have a flukey good game and everyone is at full health and plays above average. Losing Bell is actualy a smaller blow to the team than losing Ben or Brown in my opinion because William is such a good back up. Ben and Brown are un replaceable.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Good read teegre. I'm the kind of fan who tries to balance positivity and realism, but yet I never give up hope until we're mathematically eliminated. Whenever things look bleak, I like to rely on a saying we all know ... stranger things have happened.

Is it too soon to employ the SX rally sig?

TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   We_bel10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Good read teegre. I'm the kind of fan who tries to balance positivity and realism, but yet I never give up hope until we're mathematically eliminated. Whenever things look bleak, I like to rely on a saying we all know ... stranger things have happened.

Hell no its not too early, now is the perfect time, we lose to the raiders and its going to be too LATE.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:37 pm

In 95 we made it to the super bowl after starting off 3-4 and getting totally destroyed by a mediocre team (vikings)

Nobody gave us a shot after losing woodson for the season, but we ended up doing pretty well. anything can still happen. I'm remaining optimistic because of the play of our defense which has been a pleasant surprise. I'm not worried much about the offense, DeAngelo Williams shown he still has it, and tbh he's not that much of a dropoff from Bell (I might get some hate for that but his stats so far this season speak for itself). Ben will be Ben, our offense will come back with a vengeance. If this pans out and our defense keeps playing tough, well, watch out TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   184121345
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
In 95 we made it to the super bowl after starting off 3-4 and getting totally destroyed by a mediocre team (vikings)

Nobody gave us a shot after losing woodson for the season, but we ended up doing pretty well. anything can still happen. I'm remaining optimistic because of the play of our defense which has been a pleasant surprise. I'm not worried much about the offense, DeAngelo Williams shown he still has it, and tbh he's not that much of a dropoff from Bell (I might get some hate for that but his stats so far this season speak for itself). Ben will be Ben, our offense will come back with a vengeance. If this pans out and our defense keeps playing tough, well, watch out TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   184121345

He has better breakaway speed than Bell and is a strong north south runner,reminds me a little of marshawn lynch

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 5:32 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

He has better breakaway speed than Bell and is a strong north south runner,reminds me a little of marshawn lynch

Yup he's a good north-south runner that is hard to bring down and he has enough speed to burn defenses for long gainers. We got a steal with this guy, he's still got a lot of football left in him imo. Our running game will be just fine if he stays healthy.

He's not as good at blocking / receiving as Bell, but still adequate in both departments.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:13 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
I dont think it gets better.

There are 8 more games left.

That means 8 more starters to lose to injury.

I dont know why, but the Steelers are snakebit this year.  It must be punishment for deflategate and employing James Harrison. TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   294855916

LOL

ugh

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Still a lot of football left, lets do dis

Exactly... 8 games means that 12-4 is still possible.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:16 pm

vasteeler wrote:
JonM229 wrote:

Cry me a river

If we did that one of your receivers would fall into it and tear something

TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   1647293567
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:19 pm

The Germans? (Im drunk, if theres some sort of joke flying over my head I need some context.)

The defense seems like it has continuity. Its bent but never broke much this whole season. Thats a good defense at the end of evey week. The offense cant shoot themselves in the foot forever, injuries as an excuse or not. Eventually, the offense is going to regain the confidence required to make opposing defenses look like b role actors. So I cant see Steelers going anywhere but up. But we need a serious UP. Thats what I'm worried about. We can't leave the playoffs on the foot of (Kansas City? I forget, two years ago) another teams kicker, afternoon on Sunday, week 17. We have to CLINCH the Wild-Card if thats the goal now.  Which I assume so, the division is just too far gone it seems.
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:24 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
It was a good read Tiger, I always enjoy your articles.  Is it just a Hobby there or do you write and get paid?

I agree- The reason you mentioned are all reasons why I agree. I also have a philosophy on life and luck in general. I'm a very non-superstitious guy. I don't believe in God, or Heaven or Hell. I dont believe in lucky rabbits foots.

I think that in life things average out. We have had horribe luck this season with injuries. They were all pretty normal unlucky freak accidents, just so happens it was the 2 best players on the field. Anyways, now heading to the second half I find it highly unlikely that we keep losing people at this rate, that would be like the worst luck a teams ever had. Bryants suspension is over. I think we will get healthy, stay healthy, the offense will play better and the defense will improve. Will it translate to wins?It should. Playoffs? Theres a decent chance. Superbowl? Unlikely, we wont be able to beat the Pats** in foxboro or the broncos in denver unless we have a flukey good game and everyone is at full health and plays above average. Losing Bell is actualy a smaller blow to the team than losing Ben or Brown in my opinion because William is such a good back up. Ben and Brown are un replaceable.  

Thanks, man.  It's a hobby.  I was at About.com, and the administrator asked me to write a weekly article... and then, the site went kaput.  I wrote editorials for Steelers Fever... until it went kaput.  Hopefully, this new site doesn't suffer from my jinx.   TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   312503953

That's an interesting idea: the bad luck will be counter-balanced by a string of good luck. Losing Bell will hurt, but I agree: the drop off from him to Williams isn't nearly as bad as the drop off from BB to Jones.

As Ben goes, so does this season.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 11:27 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
The Germans? (Im drunk, if theres some sort of joke flying over my head I need some context.)

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 3:12 am

Love the article Teeg. Couldn't agree more. Keep up the good work my friend.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 6:36 am

Great article teegre, as always!

However, I'm not so optimistic about Williams filling in for Bell. I think he's a fantastic back-up, probably the best in the league, and a great replacement for a couple of games like at the start of the season. But I fear he can't carry the weight of the running game for half a season. Let's not forget he's old, especially for a player at his position and I'm afraid he will be worn out after 4 or 5 games. And also, how great Williams might be, he still isn't Bell who is simply a magician. I hope Williams proves me wrong though!
Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:31 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Love the article Teeg. Couldn't agree more. Keep up the good work my friend.

Thanks, brother. I appreciate the kind words.

Stella Nation wrote:
Great article teegre, as always!

However, I'm not so optimistic about Williams filling in for Bell. I think he's a fantastic back-up, probably the best in the league, and a great replacement for a couple of games like at the start of the season. But I fear he can't carry the weight of the running game for half a season. Let's not forget he's old, especially for a player at his position and I'm afraid he will be worn out after 4 or 5 games. And also, how great Williams might be, he still isn't Bell who is simply a magician. I hope Williams proves me wrong though!

Thanks, man.

Your concerns are legitimate. DeAngelo is the second-oldest RB in the league (behind Fred Jackson). And, yes, he's nowhere near as skilled as Bell.

I guess my thought is: whoever the RB is, he has to be just good enough to keep the safety honest.

I expect a heavy dose of Todman, as well... because, as you said, DeAngelo is no spring chicken. Now, when Todman comes in, I'm not nearly as confident. But, who knows; Todman could very well be "good enough", as well.

Summation:
This season now rests on BB's shoulders... technically, on his right arm.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:39 am

Wallace108 wrote:

Thanks, man.

I'm exactly the same way. When the Steelers were 0-4 last season, I was like: "15-4 here we come!!!"

As heartbreaking as 2009 and 2013 were, it has shown us that it is not over until you are officially eliminated. Furthermore, as 2005 and 2007 showed us, a wildcard team can indeed win the SuperBowl.

As far as the rally sig... hmmm... it's sort of like playing "Renegade": you only get to play it once, so you don't want to use that mojo too soon. I say wait until after the bye. Even if the Steekers are 4-6 at that point, they could still go 10-6... and, at 4-6, they'd definitely NEED the rally sig. Hopefully, they're 6-4, and you can save the rally sig for the playoffs.

Back to top Go down
teegre

teegre

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 7:44 am

Fire Arians wrote:

We think alike. The 4-4 record brought back memories of the 1995 team that was 3-4.

And, that team didn't have BB.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:01 am

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:32 am

JonM229 wrote:

Nonsense. It has worked out very well for myself.

TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   3562723908
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 am

JonM229 wrote:

Unless your a ravens fan, then it's the best way to spend this season TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   1549491426 TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   611739232

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!    TPOP:  Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!   Empty

Back to top Go down

TPOP: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next