Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homewhy does Ben keep getting injured? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

why does Ben keep getting injured?

Go down 
+8
Atlanta Dan
therocksteeler
Hawaii 5-0
SteelersNorth
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
vasteeler
ImperialFan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

why does Ben keep getting injured? Empty
PostSubject: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:25 am

Its pretty hard to blame either of these injuries on Ben this season. Something's going on though. this guy played 2 and a half games was out for four with a brutal knee injury and then came back for almost 2 full games before being carted off with a brutal foot injury. Both of these injuries looked so bad it looked like we might be without him for the season , luckily Ben is made of steel and doesnt seem to ever break a bone, all he does is sprain shit.

Of course part of this can be blamed on his play style and him holding on to the ball for a long time trying to extend plays, but I dont think that specifically had much to do with either of this years injuries. The offensive line is easy to blame because they allowed both sacks that lead to the injuries. Without Pouncey and and now Beechum (also injured) they haven't been playing nearly as well as they did last season, but shit happens and quarterbacks get sacked. This leaves us with Ben's awareness being in question and him leaving him self vulnerable, but again on these two injuries its just hard to see where that is the case, they were both just Bullshit freak accidents as far as I can see. He was fine the last two years. So are we just cursed this season or what? I kind of think injury A may have had a little to do with injury B but the way his foot got landed on was just bad luck, there was obviously no malicious intent.

Is our luck really that bad this season? I've never seen anything like this. Suisham tears his acl, Pouncey is probably done for the year...then ben sprains his mcl...then Beechum tears his acl... Then Bell tears his mcl... And now Ben again not to mention the Bryant suspension comes out of no where there he misses a week with an injury ta boot. And its only week 9. Luckily this recent one with Ben isn't as serious as it seems but we just can't afford not to have him out there in a must win vs the Browns.

Back on topic though, it just seem unfair that year in and year out players Like Eli, Wilson, Luck and for the most part Brady and Peyton besides when they both missed a season and Rodgers whose play style is actually pretty similar to Bens just seem to stay healthy. I mean take away the 2013 and 2014 seasons and it seems like Ben missed like 3 or 4 games a season with injuries.... So why? Specifically this season, is this a case of bad luck or is there more to it? I'm gonna a say horrible luck myself combined with sub par protection but could age, desreased mobility and speed have anything to do with it?
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:27 am

I think a lot of it is really bad luck unfortunately. But yeah the injury bug has been insane this season. We're going to have to sneak into the playoffs this year it looks like. It's just so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 am

Right, but as the defense continues to improve if we do sneak into the playoffs nobody's going to want to play us in the wild card game. Could even shake out to be the Bengles or maybe the Colts.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 11:47 am

What concerns me the raiders are fucking good. Also they have a pretty easy schedule from here on out and we don't so either the Jets the raiders or us are going to miss out, thankfully we now hold the tiebreaker with Oakland but I could see them going 10-6 so were going to have to keep pace. The bills might even be in contention and our 2-4 AFC record is not very impressive.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 12:45 pm

because huge people keep landing on easily hurt body parts

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:22 pm

vasteeler wrote:

I sense your sarcasm lol, and actually that was yesterday, that shit with the rams had nothing to do with any huge person landing on anything, someone was crawling towards Ben and took his knee out with his shoulder. I get that my question is borderline rhetorical but you don't have to act like I'm a paranoid maniac or anything lol. Clearly physical contact causes injuries, I knew that. However, football is a physical game and big people land on people about 1,429 times a week. Like I pretty much stated it appears to be a case of shit luck. I just wondered if anyone had any other theories as to why Ben is so injury prone.

To expand on what you said, it is part of an NFL players job not to allow huge people to land on their  easily hurt body parts, which ties into my could it be his age and decreased speed and mobility comments as well as my awareness comment. I even said my self its shit luck as far as I'm concerned. I don't think its anything but him being in the wrong place at the wrong time but I just figured I'd pose the question, Could anything else be coming into play? I know most people agree its just shitty assed luck but thought maybe it could  be an interesting conversation, I wanted to make people think a little and then read their responses. Because perhaps, just perhaps, theres something I didnt think of my self.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Bad luck mixed with Bens knee not being 100% and wearing a brace made his maneuverability drop and therefore made the probability of reinjury or new injury greater. After a whole offseason of rehab he could become the escape artist that he was, until then O-line play is more crucial than ever. Also Ben is getting old. Hes still got years ahead of him, his passing has been on the up but we may see his slipperiness, well, slip away. Shit happens. Look at Peyton. There are gonna be things we take for granted that will eventually be threatened. Shit one day Ben's gonna retire. Then what? Lol.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 4:48 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Bad luck mixed with Bens knee not being 100% and wearing a brace made his maneuverability drop and therefore made the probability of reinjury or new injury greater. After a whole offseason of rehab he could become the escape artist that he was, until then O-line play is more crucial than ever. Also Ben is getting old. Hes still got years ahead of him, his passing has been on the up but we may see his slipperiness, well, slip away. Shit happens. Look at Peyton. There are gonna be things we take for granted that will eventually be threatened. Shit one day Ben's gonna retire. Then what? Lol.

Personally I think it's time Ben try to adapt the "golden grand pa" quick catch and release we see Brady and Manning use. I understand asking Ben to change his play style is easier said than done, but I dont want to see Ben running around ducking tackles and shit when he gets to be 35-36. Hes got to start getting rid of the ball quicker. Brady gets rid of the ball I think on average 2 and a half second after the snap. I dont know how long it takes Ben but I bet its more like 3.5- 4 seconds on average, with the occasional 12 second Houdini act.

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 9:30 pm

Just cut both Ben and Bell. Too injury prone.

But when was the last time Brady really threw a "deep" ball? His YPA is like 6 at best. Ben was #1 in the nfl with a massive lead at 10.1 going into the Rams game which is a large gap between him and The Cheat.

Plus up until this season Ben was basically injury free for almost 3 seasons. Both are fluke injuries it just blows chunks.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:35 pm

football is a violent game played by big men on blades of grass...
Back to top Go down
therocksteeler
Xtreme Newb
therocksteeler

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyMon Nov 09, 2015 10:53 pm

One man down next man up-cut him I played sports and I love Ben but there comes a time when you have to step up . Coach wrap it up and put me back n the game, lets go. Take those gnads back out of the jar and own em - Come On Ben!

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 3:52 pm

vasteeler wrote:

True that

And it is not even the most dangerous injury to a QB this week

Colts quarterback Andrew Luck will miss two to six weeks with a lacerated kidney and partial tear to an abdominal muscle, the team announced Tuesday....

“The injuries happened at the end of an early fourth quarter scramble when Andrew was doing everything he could to get us the win,” said head coach Chuck Pagano in a statement, “Andrew was sore after the game and was feeling a little worse Monday afternoon so we sent him to get tests.”

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/11/10/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-out-injury-kidney-abdominal-tear

The amount of pain the players tolerate while continuing to play is astonishing. If I lacerated my kidney and tore an abdominal muscle I would be using words other than "sore" to describe how I was feeling.

So Luck can add this to the ribs he broke earlier this season when Ben and he get together before the Colts game next month to discuss how their seasons have been going.
Back to top Go down
SteelersCanada

SteelersCanada

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:03 pm

6-10 is going to win the AFC South this season.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 4:32 pm

SteelersCanada wrote:
6-10 is going to win the AFC South this season.
and we will miss the playoffs at 9-7

schillah

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 5:55 pm

steelers haven't had a single position this year without injury. I can't take it

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 pm

ummm MILB?

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:12 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
ummm MILB?
Ryan shazier missed multiple games. why does Ben keep getting injured? 1401235891

. .
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:15 pm

tony hipchest wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
ummm MILB?
Ryan shazier missed multiple games.  why does Ben keep getting injured? 1401235891

dur why does Ben keep getting injured? 190127080

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 9:44 pm

Fullback position has been good. Good thing too, I wanna get to the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:10 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Fullback position has been good. Good thing too, I wanna get to the playoffs.

forgot about that position..
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 11:58 am

Gee, I always thought that Ben getting hurt was Bruce Arians' fault.

Good thing we got rid of HIM, huh?

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? EmptyThu Nov 12, 2015 12:01 pm

As good as his passing game is you'd think they coaches would be working on a way to get the ball out of his hands quicker or this ben being in and out thing could become a reoccurring theme as he gets older and less mobile.

PostSubject: Re: why does Ben keep getting injured?   why does Ben keep getting injured? Empty

Back to top Go down

why does Ben keep getting injured?
Page 1 of 1