Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn to Seattle - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On to Seattle

Go down 
+36
steelmusic
Chaotic Zen
WCSteeler
Geordie
white_steel_wolfe
Vis
SteelersNorth
vasteeler
Shalieve5090
Hawaii 5-0
steelerdude15
TESS743
lotas
jak341
Jazzo
pczach
SteelersCanada
HeinzMustard
IowaSteeler927
Stryker
SteelerEmpire
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
stlrtruck
solardave
PhantomJB93
SteelCity4Life
The_Joker
ImperialFan
Rhyno
Atlanta Dan
El-Gonzo Jackson
SoCalFan
tony hipchest
SteelerSpartan
SteelersYak
Fire Arians
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

On to Seattle - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 5:07 pm

I hope we whoop these guys on their home turf so they can finally stfu about SB XL, they lost cause they allowed too many big plays, they need to get over it already. maybe the penalties wouldn't have been called if their players didn't break the rules, did they ever think of that?

I know it sucks to lose just because of 1 or 2 big plays, but it happens, the infamous eric metcalf game back in 1994, The 2002 AFCCG game against the Pats* where they scored 2 special teams TD's. Yeah I'm still sour about those games, but I won't discount the fact they won.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 7:59 pm

lotas wrote:
Posting on Seattle's forums really makes me appreciate the level of experience, intelligence, and wisdom we have on these boards as a group of fans.

They are extremely outlandish, childish, immature, and have extreme knee-jerk reactions to subtle aspects of the game.

I know every fan base blows things out of proportion, but theirs really seems to fight and argue and turn on each other more so than agree to disagree.

Thanks I never knew you felt that way about me. Embarassed

lotas

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I hope we whoop these guys on their home turf so they can finally stfu about SB XL, they lost cause they allowed too many big plays, they need to get over it already. maybe the penalties wouldn't have been called if their players didn't break the rules, did they ever think of that?

I know it sucks to lose just because of 1 or 2 big plays, but it happens, the infamous eric metcalf game back in 1994, The 2002 AFCCG game against the Pats*** where they scored 2 special teams TD's. Yeah I'm still sour about those games, but I won't discount the fact they won.
Thank you! I visited their forum www.seahawks.net and was trying to converse respectfully but someone was whining about XL so I opened up a can of worms and told him to quit crying and they pounced on me with a bunch of sentiments about, "Bill Leavy came to Seattle and apologized for costing us the game!" and all this bullshit about Bettis cheating to get his ring. I left them with one big "If officiating cost you the game you didn't make enough plays to win the game. Period. Quit whining and negating our victory because you're bitter." They're a unique base of jackasses, one of them even had the nerve to say "It's my belief that if we weren't officiated so unfairly in the last few seasons our records would be WAY better".

They are a bunch of whiners, and they are very immature. I hope we absolutely slaughter them.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 8:47 pm

I like our fan base. I went to the mall yesterday and got my official nfl gear Steelers knit cap, then I went to KFC (mind you I am in upstate NY, Bills territory) The guy that took my order said "nice cap". Steelers fans are so cool.

The_Joker

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Any word on Pounce? We could use him right about now.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 12:29 am

NFL LEADERS THROUGH WEEK 11

Nobody has been sacked more than Russell Wilson, who has 35.

Thomas Rawls is the new leader in overall yards per carry at 5.98 with Williams second at 5.80. Rawls also is best on first-down carries, averaging 6.9 yards then.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/story/1615897-what-s-on-the-nfl-thanksgiving-plate?s=68
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 12:50 am

We have shut down a lot better running backs then Rawls this season.

. .
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 3:58 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Thomas Rawls is the new leader in overall yards per carry at 5.98 with Williams second at 5.80. Rawls also is best on first-down carries, averaging 6.9 yards then.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/story/1615897-what-s-on-the-nfl-thanksgiving-plate?s=68

I'm actually more worried about Rawls than I was about Lynch who seems to be slowing down. Rawls has a burst, and can hit home runs. Our D needs to be on their "A" game against the run.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 6:37 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Grrreeeat. That means we will have 0 sacks on Sunday (Chiefs game, anyone?) On to Seattle - Page 5 2913999526 On to Seattle - Page 5 294855916

pczach

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 6:47 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

I'm actually more worried about Rawls than I was about Lynch who seems to be slowing down. Rawls has a burst, and can hit home runs. Our D needs to be on their "A" game against the run.

This reminds me of when Priest Holmes was on the Ravens. Every time he got in the game against the Steelers he killed them. We would always comment how the backup RB was better than the starter.

He got his chance in KC, and the rest is history.

I don't know if Rawls is that good, but whenever you see a player come in and put up the numbers he is putting up in place of a great player, it makes you wonder.

They better keep him contained. Make Wilson beat them with his arm.

If Seattle is able to run the ball well, the Steelers are in trouble.

lotas

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 7:35 am

pczach wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

This reminds me of when Priest Holmes was on the Ravens. Every time he got in the game against the Steelers he killed them. We would always comment how the backup RB was better than the starter.

I don't know if Rawls is that good, but whenever you see a player come in and put up the numbers he is putting up in place of a great player, it makes you wonder.

Agreed. If they run for more than 100yds it is going to be a complete shootout. It would be great to continue the trend of us shutting them out and winning 28 - 0. I just hope there are no injuries in our side of the ball, win or lose.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 7:47 am

lotas wrote:
pczach wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Agreed. If they run for more than 100yds it is going to be a complete shootout. It would be great to continue the trend of us shutting them out and winning 28 - 0. I just hope there are no injuries in our side of the ball, win or lose.

Keys to the game for me:

1. Contain Russell Wilson - They absolutely cannot let Wilson get outside the pocket where he can use his legs to either extend plays, or make plays with them. That's when Wilson is the most effective, when he's out there playing backyard football much like our very own Big Ben. Gotta keep him in the pocket, hit him early and often, and take him completely out of his comfort zone. Otherwise we'll be having fits defensively.

2. Stop Thomas Rawls and the Seahawks running game. If they can slow down Rawls, which nobody has really been able to do so far, and keep Wilson contained we'll be able to stifle the Seahawks offense. If we let them run all day, that's going to open up play action opportunities for Russell Wilson to throw the ball down the field.

3. Score points early. We need to take the crowd out of this game early if we can. An early TD would do a lot to stifle crowd noise. AB needs to step up this game and not allow himself to get shut down by a tough Seahawks' secondary.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 9:18 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Yup, we made Charcandrick West and Justin Forsett look really good, my big concern is Rawls hitting some big runs and Lockett being an x factor on kick returns.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Im excited, this game is nationally televised so I can watch on tv for once instead of the computer :)
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Im excited, this game is nationally televised so I can watch on tv for once instead of the computer :)

Nationally televised? What station? is it the game of the week on fox or something?

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:26 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:

Awesome, maybe if i stream it it won't lag since everyone else can see it on tv On to Seattle - Page 5 1797695198
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:

Nationally televised? What station? is it the game of the week on fox or something?

the game is in Seattle so it should be on CBS

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Since last meeting these guys in the SB, if I remember right, Pittsburgh has shut them out 24-0 and 21-0. Gonna be interesting to see how the hawks respond up in Seattle.

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 2:51 pm

Actually if you look at the NFL sked all AFC head to heads are CBS (unless the NFC team is the road team then its on FOX) and vice versa for the NFC being prodominantly on FOX.

I hate FOX but if we're on FOX I always hope Joe Buck and Aikman are the announcers.
At least with CBS I personally love Nantz as the main guy Simms is iffy at times but usually pretty good. And then there's I-an Eagle & Dan Fouts who are quite good.
Greg Gumble and Dan Dierdorf we're really good but since Dierdorf left Trent Green is kinda blah.

Thankfully we only get 2 FOX games a year at most :)
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 7:26 pm

It's the CBS national doubleheader game with Nantz & Simms
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
It's the CBS national doubleheader game with Nantz & Simms

I've got a good feeling about it. On to Seattle - Page 5 2087824411

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 4:00 pm

Lynch is officially OUT. The best 2 running backs in the NFL will be on the bench for this one.

http://www.sbnation.com/fantasy/2015/11/25/9799418/marshawn-lynch-injury-fantasy-football-running-backs-thomas-rawls

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 11:02 am

Boy oh boy is time DRAGGING... Let's get to Sunday already, the Brown & Bryant matchup against Shermhead and his "legion" is what I'm looking most forward to, you??? Here's a great memory & what is sure to be the same colored uniforms this Sunday!

On to Seattle - Page 5 12289564_452376584953724_1694048812610145082_n

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 11:42 am

Line has been moving Steelers way

Opened Seahawks -4&1/2 to -5&1/2 and is now Seahawks -3&1/2

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/steelers-@-seahawks.cfm/date/11-29-15

Steelers are a trendy upset pick - after the craptastic Lions-Eagles & Dallas-Carolina games while Green Bay messed around yesterday hopefully this game will be worthy of being the nationwide late afternoon game
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 1:45 pm

Stephen A. doesn't trust Steelers' secondary vs. Seahawks
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14235777

Stephen A doesnt know Jack about football.

Last edited by ImperialFan on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : posted wrong story)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On to Seattle   On to Seattle - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

On to Seattle
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next