Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStrip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)

Go down 
+18
Stella Nation
solardave
DesertSteel
El-Gonzo Jackson
tony hipchest
pczach
lotas
Steeler-in-west
njsteeler87v2
WCSteeler
Steel Peon
SteelerSpartan
SoCalFan
Rick5895
ImperialFan
BlackAndGold
Fire Arians
jak341
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) Empty
PostSubject: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:03 pm

Gameballs:

• Wheaton - great game. Hope he builds on it in the coming weeks.

Goats:

• Ben - come'on man. 2 INTs, and a few others that could have been? Not to mention we're back to Arians ball with Ben throwing it up on a wing and a prayer.
  • Entire secondary - awful. 'Nuff said.
  • Tomlin - horrid call. Either go for it, or kick the FG. Don't run a stupid gimmick play.
  • Brown - you're the top WR in the game. You got completely shut down by one of the top CBs in the game. That can't happen if your on top.
  • Bryant - too many dropped passes. Can't keep doing that or you won't be passed to in the future.

Last edited by jak341 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:08 pm

Game Ball:
- Wheaton - Monster game, finally produced like I knew he was capable of.
- DeAngelo Williams - Looked good in limited action. Why did we abandon the run game? He was looking good.

Goats:
- AB - Sherman hasn't done jack shit all year and AB makes him look pro bowl caliber again
- Defense - No excuses for them. They failed to stop of the worst red zone offenses in the league a single time in the red zone.
- Butler - No adjustments to the defensive gameplan despite it not working not even a little bit
- Tomlin - Kick the FG, and if you go for it, don't put it in the hands of your backup QB who is an interception machine

Last edited by Fire Arians on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:08 pm

This season is pretty much over. Noway this team gets close to winning anything with this secondary.

Blake is garbage.

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Ball- Wheaton

Goat- Tomlin, Blake, Blake, Brown, Blake and Tomlin.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:16 pm

With all do respect to those who have and will blame the coaches for any of this, the players need to make plays. The defense only needed to make 1 stop in the second half and we win the damn game. I didnt like the fake field goal call, but the play was there and needed to be executed.

Game Balls: Wheaton, DeAngelo, the offensive line played a very good game

Goats: The entire secondary
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:20 pm

The calls were too risky in a game like this. Trick plays and too many deep balls get a f@#king GOAT!

What a frustrating game, Wheaton was something I called this morning.

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:21 pm

tomlin and haley must have been doing some coke lines before the game....line up and let your 20 million dolllar QB and Top 5 WR go for it themselves.......instead ofhoping for a mircle that our backup qb completes a long wheel route to our mot**FFFing Left Tackle!!!!!

Hey Butler..,and the rest of the coaching stafff......how much longer before you guys accept this isnt the same league anymore....Elite defense now a days is all about 4-Man pressure......Blake sucks ...but this defense will never be truly good again until we dont have to rely on this much blitzing

Ben, this team has no margin of error....you cant be turning it over at all...especially on the wrong side of the field

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Add Martavis Bryant to goats, he dropped 2 what could have been potential game changers
Back to top Go down
Steel Peon

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:22 pm

Wheaton and Williams did stellar on offense, while Heyward and Tuitt controlled the LOS nicely. Ben was accurate, but threw too many stupid balls.

The goats are everyone else, including the coaching staff. The refs sucked donkey nuts as well, who either didn't call obvious penalties on Seattle, or called some BS ones on us, all while refusing to allow hardly any calls to go our way.

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Game ball- D.Williams
Goats- Tomlin and Ben
What's the name of that kid from Michigan St?
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Add Martavis Bryant to goats, he dropped 2 what could have been potential game changers

Bryant, even thought he had a big game 2 weeks ago lost that fumble in the browns games which could have been very costly in a close game, he basically handed it over, and I saw him not catch at least 4 catchable passes today.

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:40 pm

props to the OL i totatly doubted them....and they held up for the most part

Still its always one step forward and two steps back....

they had two weeks to prepare and this is how they looked.....defense had no clue what it was doing in pass defense

Steelers are now firmly in the sh** ....with the hardest remaining schedule of any WC hunt team.

njsteeler87v2
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:42 pm

Game ball: Big Ben despite the loss..
Goats: The secondary! Forget about blitzing! Cover the pass!! Especially Blake! He deserves walk back to the burg!
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 6:59 pm

horrible game, worst loss of the season because it we had it in our hands. it was a pivotal game. now we got to run the table (at the very least lose no more than one more) or else its over.

great game Wheaton

Terrible performance by the secondary again. Blake and Cockrell - bad game. I can't believe Boykin is worse than these guys.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:06 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Game Ball:
- DeAngelo Williams - Looked good in limited action. Why did we abandon the run game? He was looking good.

Goats:
- AB - Sherman hasn't done jack shit all year and AB makes him look pro bowl caliber again
- Defense - No excuses for them. They failed to stop of the worst red zone offenses in the league a single time in the red zone.
- Butler - No adjustments to the defensive gameplan despite it not working not even a little bit
- Tomlin - Kick the FG, and if you go for it, don't put it in the hands of your backup QB who is an interception machine

Sherman got help from the refs. Interfered with AB well past the 5 yard mark causing AB to stumble, and got a freebie int. that was a blatant missed call.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:30 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
Game Ball:

Goats:

Sherman got help from the refs. Interfered with AB well past the 5 yard mark causing AB to stumble, and got a freebie int. that was a blatant missed call.
Sherman was smothering Brown all game, he should've drawn at least 2 PI calls.

Haley called a brilliant game, IMO, through the first half. In the second half, Seattle made defensive adjustments, they started getting pressure, and we fell apart offensively. Haley's playcalling in the second half seemed unsure, inconsistent, and borderline dangerous at times. Using the TE and Deangelo over the middle was working so well in the first half, and then we started trying to force it to our WR's, and it went to hell.

Game Ball: Deangelo, Wheaton, O-Line (for doing great most of the time), Run Defense (they are getting very strong and consistent again up front).

Goats: Coaching Staff for Second Half Adjusments (or lack thereof), Antwaan Blake (his time has come), and Ross Cockrell (soft, weak coverage, always 3yds behind/away), Pass Defense in general

Ben doesn't get a Goat because he played brilliant at times, but damn if he didn't make a few mistakes that killed us in this game.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:49 pm

I'm constantly amazed at the fans that name Ben as a goat when he led this offense to 30 points and threw for 456 yards on the road in the harshest environment in the NFL, with a shitload of dropped passes on perfectly thrown deep balls and against a secondary that was constantly breaking every rule the NFL is supposed to be enforcing. I can't even think of a play where the Seahawks secondary wasn't grabbing a receiver or putting their hands on a receiver more than five yards down field. He could have easily thrown for 600 yards in this game.

One of his interceptions was when AB fell or was pushed to the ground by Sherman. The other one was a fluke when he tried to stop the arm motion and the ball popped out of his hand and hit a DL's shoulder, then his helmet and then fell into his arms. That's an incomplete pass 95% of the time and an unlucky play.

The Seahawks Doug Baldwin stated in an interview after the game that he thinks this is the first time they have won a game when the Seahawks defense gave up more than 24 points.

When a team almost drops a 40 spot on you, you don't have to look too far to find the root cause of the problem.

Tomlin's fake field goal was an unimaginably bad call because of the game situation. They were coming out of a timeout with the quarter change, so the Seahawks got a good look at the personnel coming out on the field, and had plenty of time to call the correct defensive signals.

If they had quickly run the field goal team on the field with no break in the action, slipped Jones in there and snapped the ball quickly before the defense had time to recognize what was coming and call a defense to stop it, I could at least understand it. I still don't agree with it, because when they lined up to run the fake field goal and the defense was in place......call a fucking timeout! If you still choose not to kick the field goal and want to pick up three yards, leave your star quarterback that was moving the team at will on the field and try to pick it up that way.

That one play turned the game around, because it was being completely dominated by the Steelers to that point. It was at least a 10 point swing going from possible points to a Seahawks touchdown and the lead in the game. It also got the fans going crazy, when the offense had them sitting on their hands to that point.

It was a huge play in the game, and a horrible call.

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:54 pm

I agree 110%, Ben did a great job, especially considering his safety blanket went out early.

I told my wife after that bonehead fake/interception, "THAT WILL COME BACK TO HAUNT US!!!"

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Well if we were going to drop a game this was the one to drop. We knew it wouldn't be easy in Seattle. My playoffs hopes are still alive. We may have the hardest schedule but IMO still the best team in the WC hunt. I could see some of the other teams floundering, Besides the Chiefs. We may be looking at a 6th seed best case scenario.

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Had we won Wheaton would have certainly gotten the game ball.

Big Ben was throwing some amazingly accurate passes both with touch and Brett Favre rocket balls.

Mark Davis is a body catcher. He needs to work hard on becoming a hands catcher. Needs to learn how to snag that ball out of the air without relying on his chest to secure it.

Blake couldn't cover and didn't even attempt to tackle anyone.  He whiffed on too many "hits".

I think we might have a new kicker next season, although I still think Tomlin is trying to protect him too much.

I understand wanting to jump out and quiet a hostile crowd but take the easy points that  early in the game.

I was shocked Richard Sherman shadowed Antonio Brown and was so effective doing it despite the horrible non call on the pass interference interception.

. .
Back to top Go down
tony hipchest

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:44 pm

pczach wrote:
I'm constantly amazed at the fans that name Ben as a goat when he led this offense to 30 points and threw for 456 yards on the road in the harshest environment in the NFL, with a shitload of dropped passes on perfectly thrown deep balls and against a secondary that was constantly breaking every rule the NFL is supposed to be enforcing. I can't even think of a play where the Seahawks secondary wasn't grabbing a receiver or putting their hands on a receiver more than five yards down field. He could have easily thrown for 600 yards in this game.

One of his interceptions was when AB fell or was pushed to the ground by Sherman. The other one was a fluke when he tried to stop the arm motion and the ball popped out of his hand and hit a DL's  shoulder, then his helmet and then fell into his arms. That's an incomplete pass 95% of the time and an unlucky play.

The Seahawks Doug Baldwin stated in an interview after the game that he thinks this is the first time they have won a game when the Seahawks defense gave up more than 24 points.

When a team almost drops a 40 spot on you, you don't have to look too far to find the root cause of the problem.

Tomlin's fake field goal was an unimaginably bad call because of the game situation. They were coming out of a timeout with the quarter change, so the Seahawks got a good look at the personnel coming out on the field, and had plenty of time to call the correct defensive signals.

If they had quickly run the field goal team on the field with no break in the action, slipped Jones in there and snapped the ball quickly before the defense had time to recognize what was coming and call a defense to stop it, I could at least understand it. I still don't agree with it, because when they lined up to run the fake field goal and the defense was in place......call a fucking timeout! If you still choose not to kick the field goal and want to pick up three yards, leave your star quarterback that was moving the team at will on the field and try to pick it up that way.

That one play turned the game around, because it was being completely dominated by the Steelers to that point. It was at least a 10 point swing going from possible points to a Seahawks touchdown and the lead in the game. It also got the fans going crazy, when the offense had them sitting on their hands to that point.

It was a huge play in the game, and a horrible call.
Big Ben was amazing today. His receivers were pretty much blanketed the whole game and he dropped in pass after pass after pass.

I don't think I've ever seen him look more accurate.

Were it not for his injuries this season, he would be leading the NFL in passing yardage and a frontrunner for league MVP

. .
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 8:58 pm

SteelerSpartan wrote:
props to the OL i totatly doubted them....and they held up for the most part

Still its always one step forward and two steps back....

they had two weeks to prepare and this is how they looked.....defense had no clue what it was doing in pass defense

Steelers are now firmly in the sh** ....with the hardest remaining schedule of any WC hunt team.

I agree, the line held up very well and Ben had time enough to find receivers. Front 7 for the most part kept the Hawks run game in check. I said Wheaton might be the X factor, and he was.

Secondary was terrible. I'd have gone for it on 4th down at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:13 pm

Steeler-in-west wrote:
horrible game, worst loss of the season because it we had it in our hands. it was a pivotal game. now we got to run the table (at the very least lose no more than one more) or else its over.

great game Wheaton

Terrible performance by the secondary again. Blake and Cockrell - bad game. I can't believe Boykin is worse than these guys.

No way.......... the Ravens was the worst loss, by far.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:20 pm

To me this loss was worst considering the entire scenario, the fact that we clearly lost more than they actually won is forking headbanging frustrating! Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) 2913999526 Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) 2913999526 Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) 2913999526

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 10:27 pm

^Because the playoff race is heating up and we had em, this loss feels worse. If it were an early season game, not as big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)   Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats) Empty

Back to top Go down

Strip District Strippers (Gameballs) and Pike Place Market Fish (Goats)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next