Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWheaton vs Bryant Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wheaton vs Bryant

Go down 
+14
Hawaii 5-0
lotas
HeinzMustard
FanSince72
SteelersYak
IowaSteeler927
SoCalFan
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
EbonySteel86
El-Gonzo Jackson
Atlanta Dan
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
Fire Arians
ImperialFan
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:38 pm

There is no question that Brown is our best receiver and right now probably the biggest superstar on our team.... but we have two other receivers that IMO could be #1 receivers

Wheaton has certainly come into his own the past few weeks. Bryant has kept making some really good plays too. TBH, I think wheaton has better hands than Bryant. I've seen Bryant drop quite a few passes that were catchable.

Wheaton seems to be able to run more routs, Bryant seems limited, he runs that one deep route  very well, but Wheaton might even have a higher ceiling, and seems to have more a wider range of skills.

There is no doubt they are both very good players. If it comes down to only being able to keep one of them, who should we keep? We know Bryant is going to be asking for a lot of money, rightfully so, but now that wheaton has shown he can be clutch maybe we could get away with signing him and letting bryant go??? I don't want to see him leave but I doubt we will be able to keep this group of receivers together. They are all hell of a lot better than the "young money crew" lol. I mean sanders and brown have gone on to have success but not wallace.

Fire Arians

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 4:10 pm

Bryant = Mike Wallace v2. He's a perfect #2 WR but I don't know if he'll ever have the consistency to be a #1. Although physically, his potential/ceiling is higher than even brown imo. The guy is just scary fast. if he can get the mental aspect of his game down, he will be all-pro.

Wheaton is kinda like Sanders. He's a fast player but not as gifted as say, Brown or Bryant. Also can be a very good #2 WR but he definitely doesnt have the home run threat like Bryant does.

What makes this WR corps so deadly is we have the best WR in the league, backed up by 2 WR's that are legitimate #2 WRs (with one having #1 potential), you can't stop them all.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 4:36 pm

Whover is scouting the receivers does a great job. I really want to see what Coates can do too but it's hard for him to get playing time with those guys being so good.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:01 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
Whover is scouting the receivers does a great job. I really want to see what Coates can do too but it's hard for him to get playing time with those guys being so good.

Well considering we probably arent going to be able to hold onto bryant. (hes going to want a lot of money) Maybe Coates will gets a chance then.

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:40 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Well considering we probably arent going to be able to hold onto bryant. (hes going to want a lot of money) Maybe Coates will gets a chance then.
Yeah well that's not going to be for another couple years. Bryant is still in year 2. But yeah Bryant's going to be a wealthy man.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:47 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Yeah well that's not going to be for another couple years. Bryant is still in year 2. But yeah Bryant's going to be a wealthy man.

Bryant is a freak of an athlete. An Alien. Hes so big and so fast he is nearly impossible to catch on those deep routes, no one can keep up with him. If he can work some more attributes into his game he is going to be a Superstar in the NFL and I wish it would be with the steelers. Wheaton how ever seems to catch almost everything that comes his way and I am finally seeing some improvement from him. Very excited about Ben throwing to 3 great receivers. Hes going to probably break some more records before he retires (ben). With these receivers he might put up almost 400 yards in every game he plays in.

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:01 pm

ImperialFan wrote:

Josh Gordon was going to be a wealthy guy too - there is no statute of limitations on Bryant's three previous failed tests not resulting in a 10 game suspension for the next one - that is a risk for whichever team signs him after 2017 (assuming he makes it there without another suspension)
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:20 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Josh Gordon was going to be a wealthy guy too - there is no statute of limitations on Bryant's three previous failed tests not resulting in a 10 game suspension for the next one - that is a risk for whichever team signs him after 2017 (assuming he makes it there without another suspension)
Very true. Man what a waste of talent Gordon is. I think the pot rules are silly too but you gotta follow the rules.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Aint nothing wrong with a little reefer. Not like its going to enhance their performance. Probably just good for the stress and pain associated with being an Alien.

Fire Arians

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:20 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Aint nothing wrong with a little reefer. Not like its going to enhance their performance. Probably just good for the stress and pain associated with being an Alien.

Bad if you want an NFL career.
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:00 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Not at all but the policy means you can lose a lot of playing time because of it. I think it's crap too especially with the NFL having two franchises where it is legal.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Well yeah I know that, I just think its a stupid rule. Its like saying smoking pot is the same as taking PEDs. thats just stupid. BUT YEAH, if these guys are serious they gotta quit rollin around burn cruising an shit. smh

El-Gonzo Jackson

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Go Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome...2 men enter, one man leaves.

Done. Wheaton vs Bryant 1401235891
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:11 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:

Well yeah I know that, I just think its a stupid rule. Its like saying smoking pot is the same as taking PEDs. thats just stupid. BUT YEAH, if these guys are serious they gotta quit rollin around burn cruising an shit. smh
I'm still pissed that Bell got suspended and Brady's got overturned all together.
Back to top Go down
EbonySteel86

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Both receivers are uncoverable at there respected postions. This team is primed for a SB run as long as they keep Boykin in!
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:50 pm

I actually think Martavis has the bigger ceiling. We're only looking at his second year. Something like 17 games in total. Remember that the second Landry Jones to Martavis Bryant TD wasn't a Go route it was like a slant or an in route if I remember it correctly. Martavis seems to have a raw and uncanny way to slow the game down. He just lacks the experience to apply it consistently.

Antonio Brown is where he's at because of his strong work ethic, high demand of himself, and perfectionist mindset to running routes and technique.

Wheaton seems to be trying to mimick that but lacks the same talent as Antonio.

And Martavis seems to be the most physically gifted and naturally talented of all 3, but without taking his job and his work ethic very seriously Wheaton vs Bryant 1797695198
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 8:54 pm

EbonySteel86 wrote:
Both receivers are uncoverable at there respected postions. This team is primed for a SB run as long as they keep Boykin in!

Well thats the thing. We look like that for a couple of weeks then come out and lay and egg. We cant afford to do that from here on out. One things for sure we have the best offense in the NFL an even the media is admitting it now. NOBODY wants to face us as the #6 seed.... nobody.... even if we have to travel to denver.

SoCalFan

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:00 pm

I will say this, Brown IS the best receiver in Steelers history hands down! Yes there is a long way to go but this guy simply has that "IT" Michael Jordan'ish factor! If he continues this tear and if Ben can sustain for a long time Brown will go down as a top 5 all time league receiver!

This thread being Wheaton Vs Bryant, if one had to go it would def be Wheaton although he has been coming on as of late! We absolutely NEED that deep threat in Bryant, opens up so many options for the route runners.

IowaSteeler927

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 3:32 am

If Bryant puts in the work, the time, and the dedication there is no reason he can't be the next Randy Moss. He has the size and the talent, but he's still raw, and he still needs to work on his hands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:10 am

It's great that we have such a diverse group to catch the football: Brown cuts up the routes, Bryant spreads the field, Wheaton is a mix of the two, and then we have Heath and James who can catch it over the middle and take the hits associated with being in the middle of the field.

If this team doesn't make the playoffs, the title of this season would be "If only"

"If only" BR7 didn't get hurt (twice)
"If only" Scobee didn't blow it
"If only" Bell didn't get hurt
"If only" we went for it on 4th and didn't kick the field goal in Seattle

FanSince72

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:27 am

Fire Arians wrote:
Bryant = Mike Wallace v2. He's a perfect #2 WR but I don't know if he'll ever have the consistency to be a #1. Although physically, his potential/ceiling is higher than even brown imo. The guy is just scary fast. if he can get the mental aspect of his game down, he will be all-pro.

Wheaton is kinda like Sanders. He's a fast player but not as gifted as say, Brown or Bryant. Also can be a very good #2 WR but he definitely doesnt have the home run threat like Bryant does.

What makes this WR corps so deadly is we have the best WR in the league, backed up by 2 WR's that are legitimate #2 WRs (with one having #1 potential), you can't stop them all.

And don't forget that when you add Miller and James and even Williams as a backfield receiver, there is simply no defense in the league that could possibly field enough players to defend against all of that.

Talk about an embarrassment of riches! Wheaton vs Bryant 1647293567

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 11:06 am

Steelers don't have to worry about the WR corps in the offseason. Bryant has two more years... and Wheaton has one more year. Coates will have 3 more years after 2015. Wheaton won't break the bank... but he will probably test FA in 2017. We'll have to wait and see on Bryant.
Back to top Go down
lotas

lotas

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:29 pm

Wheaton has shown fantastic development, he makes difficult catches in traffic and has great poise and awareness. I've been pleasantly surprised by his physicality this year when he is thrown to.

He seems to make those clutch hard catches more than Bryant does, who seems to rely on the ball landing on his chest to catch it. That being said, if Martavis gets the kind of focus on conditioning that Brown and Bell have, he is going to be one hell of a special player.

Bryant needs to continue to work on his strength and being physical to win matchups. He has to learn to haul in those passes when he's 1 on 1 with a defender and the defender is all over him.

Hawaii 5-0

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Big Ben On Martavis Bryant: “We Need Steelers’ Toughness”

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/big-ben-on-martavis-bryant-we-need-steelers-toughness/
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Wheaton doesn't seem like a homerun threat like Bryant (although he's shown the capability to, just not to the same extent), but seems more reliable. Ever since the Seattle game he's been clutch.

He could be a legit #2 WR and I think he'll go over 1000 yards next year. Ben's starting to show a lot of trust in him & that alone will get him a lot more looks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wheaton vs Bryant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wheaton vs Bryant   Wheaton vs Bryant Empty

Back to top Go down

Wheaton vs Bryant
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next