Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict

Go down 
+16
FanSince72
Buddha Bus
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
solardave
steelcrazy
Lokki
IowaSteeler927
SoCalFan
LambertWardSteel
ImperialFan
stlrtruck
Atlanta Dan
Fire Arians
Hawaii 5-0
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
FanSince72

FanSince72

Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:34 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
He was a headcase in college.  He is a cheap and dirty player.  That is why such a productive guy went undrafted.  That and because he looked lazy his final year of college football.

Karma is coming for him...just wait.

Time wounds all heels.

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:35 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Dan, I didn't even see your post before I posted my Hines comment. Eerie.

Could be The Force
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:37 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Dan, I didn't even see your post before I posted my Hines comment. Eerie.

Could be The Force

Strong in us it is. Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
FrancoLambert wrote:
The way he plays is sure to inspire hatred towards him....from fans and players alike.
The list of players he tries to hurt will grow and he'll get his just punishment one day.  Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 3798349058

Of course that was what the Ravens said about Hines before the 2008 AFC champiosnhip game

"His time will come. He'll get his," [Bart] Scott said of Ward. "He'll come across the middle one day and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy.

"You reap what you sow."

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2009/01/16/Mentioning-Ward-heats-up-rivalry/stories/200901160284

FWIW I do not think Hines was dirty, just aggressive, but I admit I am biased  Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 1797695198  

Burfict is a filthy player

Bart Scott was just a sour grape cause Ward destroyed him on a crackback once, he hasn't gotten over it lol
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 2:40 pm

Steelers writers also think the Bengals and Burfict are trash - this from the P-G Gerry Dulac chat

That guy is a total thug.

Gerry Dulac: The last part of your statement sums up what your dealing with with that guy. That's the reason 31 other teams wouldn't touch him in the draft. But the team that has brought you Ahmad Brooks, Chris Henry and Adam "Cue Stick" Jones Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 1797695198 over the years won't shy away.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/12/16/Gerry-Dulac-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-12-16-15/stories/201512160171
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Attempted to ask Vontaze Burfict about Ben Roethlisberger's comments about him. He didn't want to say much, but did bring up getting the hit on his knee on a low block Sunday. "It's football," Burfict said.

http://es.pn/1QqzNXM

Unbelievable
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 5:24 pm

That is utter bull shit! If he would've blew out his knee or tore his ACL, would he be fined then??? Fuck the NFL and it's clear hate for the Steelers! Had that been baby brady and he said what Ben said about the hit you better believe there would be a fine! Screw goodell, screw everyone, let's go out and get #7!!!

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:17 pm

When Roethlisberger’s offensive linemen were asked if the NFL does enough to protect Roethlisberger they also chose their words carefully.

“I’m sure they are,” right guard David DeCastro said. “That’s their moneymaker when you think about it, so I’m not going to comment on that, but they protect a lot of other quarterbacks. You’d think they’d protect ours.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2015/12/16/Cincinnati-Bengals-Vontaze-Burfict-will-not-be-fined-for-hit-on-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger/stories/201512160210

Guess again David

The Steelers must be seething

So the message to Burfict from the league office is just keeping playing the way you played Sunday.

If the league will not stop this then I guess someone else will need to handle it on the field
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:18 pm

our players need to drop it already and worry about denver. let the NFL decide what to do with burfict, it's out of their hands now.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:24 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
our players need to drop it already and worry about denver. let the NFL decide what to do with burfict, it's out of their hands now.

So what do you do to keep Burfict from pulling the same crap if there is a rematch in round one of the playoffs since the league has decided what to do, which is nothing?

Waiting for Ben's knee to be blown out does not seem to be in the long term interest of the franchise

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

So what do you do to keep Burfict from pulling the same crap if there is a rematch in round one of the playoffs since the league has decided what to do, which is nothing?

Waiting for Ben's knee to be blown out does not seem to be in the long term interest of the franchise

What I'm saying is it sounds like it's becoming a distraction to the team right now. I don't like it because we have another big game this weekend. Denver ain't gonna just roll over for us
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

What I'm saying is it sounds like it's becoming a distraction to the team right now. I don't like it because we have another big game this weekend. Denver ain't gonna just roll over for us

Agreed about putting it behind them for now, which I think is what they are doing

Gilbert said he was moving on and Ben said this Wednesday morning

"I am done worrying about that and got to move forward"

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9637217-74/roethlisberger-burfict-hit#ixzz3uWylv7SB

I misread your post to permanently let bygones be bygones - Ben hopefully has a number of good years left and I doubt they are going to let Burfict tee off on Ben or kick DeCastro in the face two games a year for as long as Burfict is on the Bengals, even if the league office is fine with that
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:06 am

The NFL front offices are a joke. They must've had Stevie Wonder watching the tapes because you'd have to be blind to conclude that that hit wasn't intentional. One of his teammates lightly put his hand on Burfict's back, but at no point was he physically shoved hard enough that he should've ended up driving into Ben's legs, below the knees like that. The NFL continues to demonstrate a total lack of competence. You fine a kicker for an accidental facemask, a first time incident... But you ignore a dirty hit by a player that's well known for playing dirty dating back to his high school years.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 1:36 am

The media has been all over burfict, he will get his for PR purposes eventually.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 11:47 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

If the league will not stop this then I guess someone else will need to handle it on the field

I vote we start getting Deebo some reps with the tight ends the next couple of weeks to prepare him for a rematch with the Bungles. I'd love nothing more than to see Burfict on the field at the same time with him roaming around. I'd almost guarantee Burfict would come down with a non-contact ailment that would keep him on the sidelines.

James would send that fuckstick into the league's permanent concussion protocol program.

Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 8:28 pm

WTF?

Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict was fined after all Thursday for his hit on Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, agent Audie Attar told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Bufict also was fined for unnecessary roughness on two additional plays. He is appealing the fines.

Attar had said Wednesday that Burfict would not be fined for his controversial hit on Roethlisberger.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14391530/vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-fined-all-hit-ben-roethlisberger

Wonder if the Steelers called the league office after hearing from the agent that Burfict would not be fined or if the agent is just a liar?
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:02 pm

Wellll that's some good chit but HOW MUCH??? That dickhead should be suspended and will get his soon! Has there ever been a player that was found guilty of "twisting ankles" and intentionally diving for the lower legs like this guy has? Zero tolerance, this ass clown is a repeat offender!

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 9:27 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
Wellll that's some good chit but HOW MUCH??? That dickhead should be suspended and will get his soon! Has there ever been a player that was found guilty of "twisting ankles" and intentionally diving for the lower legs like this guy has? Zero tolerance, this ass clown is a repeat offender!

I'm sure at least a pretty decent amount, he got for like 3 different things, I'm sure that alone puts him in the repeat offender category
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2015 10:38 pm

This from Around The NFL Twitter-

"Vontaze Burfict facing fine for Ben Roethlisberger hit; three total fines for close to $70,000"

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:00 pm

SoCalFan wrote:

"Vontaze Burfict facing fine for Ben Roethlisberger hit; three total fines for close to $70,000"

There were 9 total fines in Steelers Bengals game totalling $138,906

— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) December 18, 2015
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:05 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
SoCalFan wrote:

There were 9 total fines in Steelers Bengals game totalling $138,906

— Mark Kaboly (@MarkKaboly_Trib) December 18, 2015

Burfict was fined a total of $69,454 for a facemask, unnecessary roughness and roughing the passer. Burfict was not penalized for hitting Ben Roethlisberger low during a first-quarter completion, but he was fined for it.

Also fined were five Steelers for a total of $57,876:

• Mike Mitchell ($23,152) for a hit on a defenseless player (Tyler Eifert).

• Antonio Brown ($8,681) for an illegal crack back block.

• David DeCastro ($8,681) for a facemask.

• Brandon Boykin ($8,681) for unsportsmanlike conduct (group demonstration).

• William Gay ($8,681) for unsportsmanlike conduct (group demonstration).

Bengals wide receiver AJ Green also was fined $11,576 for punting the ball into the stands following a touchdown.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9637364-74/dupree-steelers-fined#ixzz3uiEuBgzy

Joey Porter was fortunate he was not fined for joining in the Willie Gay extravaganza Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 5:08 pm

Are you Fffing kidding me, it was pathetic they even called a crack back block on Antonio,....and now the NFL is fining for it.....what horse shit

SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:04 pm

That's the No Fun League for you. I tend to wonder when someone is gonna sit Vontaze down and have a word with him. How you keep being a repeat offender with no further punishment/suspension is beyond me. Seems like it's time to suspend him.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:24 pm

mitchell and decastro were warranted, i don't know about the others. AB's block looked like a body shot, not below the waist? isn't that supposed to be legal? it's not like he went low or pulled a hines ward on anybody.

regardless burfict got fined more $$ than the entire steelers team last weekend, so there's some sort of justice to it all
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 10:33 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
mitchell and decastro were warranted, i don't know about the others. AB's block looked like a body shot, not below the waist? isn't that supposed to be legal? it's not like he went low or pulled a hines ward on anybody.

regardless burfict got fined more $$ than the entire steelers team last weekend, so there's some sort of justice to it all

I agree with you on Mitchell, DeCastro and Vontaze "all you can eat" Buffet. AB looked to try and roll up Nelson or at least throw a low shoulder at his legs. Its a penalty. IDK if it warranted a fine, but it looked like he was sending a message and $8k fine for the clown that took Bell out last year is worth the price of sending the message IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next