Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBen doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict

Go down 
+16
FanSince72
Buddha Bus
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelersYak
solardave
steelcrazy
Lokki
IowaSteeler927
SoCalFan
LambertWardSteel
ImperialFan
stlrtruck
Atlanta Dan
Fire Arians
Hawaii 5-0
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict Empty
PostSubject: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:16 pm

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict

Jeremy Fowler, ESPN Staff Writer

PITTSBURGH -- Ben Roethlisberger isn't buying Vontaze Burfict's excuse for his low helmet hit on the Steelers quarterback.

Burfict, the subject of the Steelers' recent ire, dove for Roethlisberger's ankles after he released the ball during the first half of the Steelers' 33-20 win Sunday over the Bengals.

Burfict was not penalized on the play but could be fined by the league.

Also, Burfict appeared to celebrate a knee injury to Le'Veon Bell in the teams' Nov. 1 game, and he appeared to start Sunday's pregame scuffle that involved several players from both teams.

During his weekly appearance with Pittsburgh's 93.7 The Fan, Roethlisberger recalled Burfict telling him on the field that he got pushed into him. He said Burfict told him, "My bad."

Roethlisberger watched the clip after the game.

"I don't buy he was pushed," Roethlisberger said. "I think he was definitely diving low for my legs."

The Steelers-Bengals rivalry reached a boiling point Sunday with several after-the-whistle fights in the first half. Roethlisberger said the game featured more in-game chippy play than he can remember, "stuff that was kind of unusual."

AFC North rivalries are always heated but should be controlled, Roethlisberger said.

"There's got to be a level of professionalism when you play," Roethlisberger said.

The Bengals were especially fired up, with cornerback Adam 'Pacman' Jones releasing a not-safe-for-work Instagram post on Sunday trashing the Steelers.

Asked if the Steelers are in the Bengals' heads, Roethlisberger said, 'I'm not going to say that, but I won't disagree with you.'"

to read rest of article:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14373347/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-buy-excuse-cincinnati-bengals-vontaze-burfict
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:16 pm

I don't either. This idiot should get suspended for such a blatant attempt to injure, classless filth like him don't belong in the NFL.

I can respect guys like Suggs and Lewis (even though I hate both), since they do their playing between the whistle. Burfict goes out of his way to hurt others even well after the play is over, and I can't respect that.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:31 pm

This from Ed B. of the P-G today

Is there any player within the recent past that the Steelers players have held the same low opinion that they have of Vontaze Burfict?

Ed Bouchette:
I'm thinking. . . I would say not....

Hi Ed, It seems the NFL and the refs are letting opposing teams to intentionally go after Ben down low...any reason?(Rams...now Bengals)

Ed Bouchette:
Incompetent officials?

http://www.post-gazette.com/chat
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
This from Ed B. of the P-G today

Is there any player within the recent past that the Steelers players have held the same low opinion that they have of Vontaze Burfict?

Ed Bouchette:
I'm thinking. . . I would say not....

Hi Ed, It seems the NFL and the refs are letting opposing teams to intentionally go after Ben down low...any reason?(Rams...now Bengals)

Ed Bouchette:
Incompetent officials?

http://www.post-gazette.com/chat

Thats bogus, you know for sure if anybody tried that on brady that'd be an automatic 15 yard penalty + fine
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 1:44 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
I don't either. This idiot should get suspended for such a blatant attempt to injure, classless filth like him don't belong in the NFL.

I can respect guys like Suggs and Lewis (even though I hate both), since they do their playing between the whistle. Burfict goes out of his way to hurt others even well after the play is over, and I can't respect that.

He's not James Harrison, no suspension coming Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 1549491426

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 2:49 pm

He did not get pushed. its on video that fucking retard

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 3:05 pm

Getting them again in the playoffs would be awesome. However small the chances are, I still hold hope with the Cincy injuries Steelers could win division and play the game in Pittsburgh. That said it'd be a lot of fun to knock them out there. I can still see Joey Porter in Cincy on the sideline in 05 breathing from the oxygen machine saying: "I'm tired...whuppin your ass make me tired"

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 4:55 pm

A Steelers source told ESPN that Roethlisberger's claim is validated based on film review.

"Dirty play, dirty player,'' the source said. "Tape doesn't lie. We're fortunate we didn't lose Ben for good."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14373347/pittsburgh-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-buy-excuse-cincinnati-bengals-vontaze-burfict
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:14 pm

League Reviewing Low Hit By Burfict On Roethlisberger

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/report-league-reviewing-low-hit-by-burfict-on-roethlisberger/
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 5:47 pm

Hahaha, SUPER HAPPY Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 1372836603 that the league is looking into this! This dumb fuk thug needs to go down! Minimum $50k fine and a game suspension would be the right thing to do, based in his track record, Ask Cam and Olsen about that! If Harrison pulls something like that on brady he's toast, C,mon man...

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 6:23 pm

Just a reminder that Burfict's reputation has been developed for some time

It was clear that linebacker Burfict had plenty of talent at Arizona State, but he had so many red flags against him -- or perceived red flags, anyway -- that he was always going to have an uphill battle getting a team to select him with an early-round pick. In his final 26 college games, he was tagged with 16 personal fouls. Teams wondered whether he had anger issues and how much he could control his emotions while on the field....

At one point in his college career, Burfict was seen as a potential first-round pick. But after his combine, his interviews and his pro day, his stock fell so far that he went undrafted. But Burfict had made an effort to improve his reputation. He wrote letters to each NFL team asking for a chance. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis had spent time with Burfict and thought he could be special, so after the draft, Cincinnati signed him to a three-year, $1.441 million contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24450133/nfl-combine-vontaze-burficts-2012-debacle-drops-him-out-of-draft

“This man has definite promise,” says the coach. “Yesterday, before practice, he destroyed a Greyhound Bus with his bare hands, and last night he killed a subway. I’m not one to play favorites, but it looks like we’ll have to make room for him.”

Indeed. There is always room on TV for a man who can beat people to jelly in nine flat.

Hunter S. Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Just win baby
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 9:27 pm

Burfict also apparently kicked Decastro as well after Decastro took exception to Burfict attempting to pick up and slam Deangelo Williams.

Burfict is a scumbag, and can and should be suspended.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:05 pm

Fire Arians wrote:

Especially when you watch the video and he immediately turned his head around after the hit as if expecting to see Ben writhing in pain.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyTue Dec 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
Just a reminder that Burfict's reputation has been developed for some time

It was clear that linebacker Burfict had plenty of talent at Arizona State, but he had so many red flags against him -- or perceived red flags, anyway -- that he was always going to have an uphill battle getting a team to select him with an early-round pick. In his final 26 college games, he was tagged with 16 personal fouls. Teams wondered whether he had anger issues and how much he could control his emotions while on the field....

At one point in his college career, Burfict was seen as a potential first-round pick. But after his combine, his interviews and his pro day, his stock fell so far that he went undrafted. But Burfict had made an effort to improve his reputation. He wrote letters to each NFL team asking for a chance. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis had spent time with Burfict and thought he could be special, so after the draft, Cincinnati signed him to a three-year, $1.441 million contract.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24450133/nfl-combine-vontaze-burficts-2012-debacle-drops-him-out-of-draft

“This man has definite promise,” says the coach. “Yesterday, before practice, he destroyed a Greyhound Bus with his bare hands, and last night he killed a subway. I’m not one to play favorites, but it looks like we’ll have to make room for him.”

Indeed. There is always room on TV for a man who can beat people to jelly in nine flat.

Hunter S. Thompson - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Just win baby
haha..yes..thank you atlantadan for combining a quote from my favorite author with my favorite football team...when the going gets weird..the weird turn pro

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 1:11 am

Lokki wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

Especially when you watch the video and he immediately turned his head around after the hit as if expecting to see Ben writhing in pain.  

It's flat out astounding how he's avoided a suspension. He should've been suspended when he was twisting ankles. A fine for that kind of behavior simply isn't enough to get the point across. They should've learned as much when they were dealing with Suh's antics week in and week out.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 1:16 am

Fire Arians wrote:

I disagree as far as Suggs goes. Maybe earlier in his career but the last couple times he played against us he took cheap shots. One was a hit from behind late to Bell's knees.

I didn't like Lewis as a person but as a player he was pretty good and not dirty.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 1:35 am

solardave wrote:
Fire Arians wrote:

I disagree as far as Suggs goes. Maybe earlier in his career but the last couple times he played against us he took cheap shots. One was a hit from behind late to Bell's knees.

I didn't like Lewis as a person but as a player he was pretty good and not dirty.

Yeah I distinctly remember that cheap shot as well. Suggs is a dirtbag, just not quite as much of one as Burfict is.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 2:34 am

So since we're talking Burfict I thought I'd put up a little compilation post of some of his douchebaggery.

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:14 am

Wow.... now that I saw the video of him going after BR7.... Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 3514758605

Dude has a track record of being a dirty player.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 6:25 am

SteelersYak wrote:
Wow.... now that I saw the video of him going after BR7....  Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 3514758605

Dude has a track record of being a dirty player.

Yep, a long one that dates back to his High School years. All of that stuff I posted, and I couldn't find the video of him kicking Decastro in the head, so that's one more to chalk up to that list.

El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 9:50 am

He was a headcase in college. He is a cheap and dirty player. That is why such a productive guy went undrafted. That and because he looked lazy his final year of college football.

Karma is coming for him...just wait.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:15 am

The way he plays is sure to inspire hatred towards him....from fans and players alike.
The list of players he tries to hurt will grow and he'll get his just punishment one day.  Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:25 am

FrancoLambert wrote:
The way he plays is sure to inspire hatred towards him....from fans and players alike.
The list of players he tries to hurt will grow and he'll get his just punishment one day.  Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 3798349058

Of course that was what the Ravens said about Hines before the 2008 AFC champiosnhip game

"His time will come. He'll get his," [Bart] Scott said of Ward. "He'll come across the middle one day and someone will hit him or take out his knee. The guy will be fined and [Ward] will be gone. No one will care. No one will even care. No one will send him any cards saying they're sorry. Not to that guy.

"You reap what you sow."

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2009/01/16/Mentioning-Ward-heats-up-rivalry/stories/200901160284

FWIW I do not think Hines was dirty, just aggressive, but I admit I am biased  Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict 1797695198  

Burfict is a filthy player

Last edited by Atlanta Dan on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:26 am

It's just too bad we don't still have Hines around to de-cleat that assclown and break his jaw.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict EmptyWed Dec 16, 2015 10:27 am

Dan, I didn't even see your post before I posted my Hines comment. Eerie.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict   Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben doesn't believe Vontaze Burfict
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next