Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeVontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef

Go down 
+9
OX1947
SteelerEmpire
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
SteelersYak
solardave
Fire Arians
jak341
Atlanta Dan
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Atlanta Dan

Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef Empty
PostSubject: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Apparently deciding enough time has passed since Coach Tomlin suggested he stay away from twitter, DeAngelo Williams is back to beef with Vontaze Burfict Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 2893009358

Reflecting on the Steelers' 2015 season Wednesday, Pittsburgh running back DeAngelo Williams believes there's "no doubt" a healthy Antonio Brown would have propelled Pittsburgh to Super Bowl 50, possibly facing off against Williams' old team, the Carolina Panthers....

"For me, my rival throughout my year will be the Cincinnati Bengals," Williams told ESPN. "I don't think there was any doubt in my mind if AB was not interfered on or hit the way he was hit, however you want to label it -- there's no doubt we go on and give the Broncos hell."

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/18320/deangelo-williams-vontaze-burfict-hit-cost-steelers-a-super-bowl-run

Bengals linebacker Vontaze Burfict threatened DeAngelo Williams on social media after the Steelers running back told ESPN on Wednesday how Burfict's nasty hit on Antonio Brown in the AFC wild-card game derailed Pittsburgh's Super Bowl run.

"I'll teach u how to keep my name out mouth tho remember I have to tackle you," Burfict told Williams on social media...

Wednesday's argument on Twitter started when Burfict asked Williams why the Bengals were on his mind four months later, pointing out Williams didn't help his team in the playoffs due to injury.

Williams responded by asking Burfict what he's doing "when u not costing your team games." Burfict followed with his threat, to which Williams wished Burfict well on his "vacation" from NFL action. Burfict then called Williams "a back up," with Williams saying Burfict's inability to control his emotions undermines his natural talent.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/15153730/vontaze-burfict-deangelo-williams-continue-bengals-steelers-feud-social-media

I have no doubt the first Steelers-Bengals game this season gets the Sunday night slot Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 1797695198
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 4:50 pm

I saw this. It's going to be a wild first game.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Honestly I hope one of Burfict's games missed is a game against us. I really don't like playing against those guys cause Burfict is going to go out of his way to injure another one of our players
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:35 pm

This is good stuff. D.Will had a good domestic violence take in wake of the Greg Hardy press recently. Nothing inflammatory unless you don't listen to him and just read the transcript of the interview.

That is the problem with digital media/social media. If you don't listen to the guy and just read it, you can totally misjudge the intent of the message, or the context.
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:23 pm

With hair like his, he should be considered on of the "wise ones" of the NFL.

Not only should he be allowed to comment on any topic but his commentary shall not be questioned.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:35 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
This is good stuff.  D.Will had a good domestic violence take in wake of the Greg Hardy press recently.  Nothing inflammatory unless you don't listen to him and just read the transcript of the interview.

That is the problem with digital media/social media.  If you don't listen to the guy and just read it, you can totally misjudge the intent of the message, or the context.

I agree with what you're saying about digital/social media except when reading anything Burfict says.
He is a talented football player if he had a brain he'd be a HOFer but he will probably end up in prison for life because he lacks the ability to think anything through. I personally think he's mentally ill.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:31 am

D Will be like: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 1689750825 Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 1689750825 Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 1689750825

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 8:13 am

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
The offseason is too long.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 9:26 am

solardave wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
This is good stuff.  D.Will had a good domestic violence take in wake of the Greg Hardy press recently.  Nothing inflammatory unless you don't listen to him and just read the transcript of the interview.

That is the problem with digital media/social media.  If you don't listen to the guy and just read it, you can totally misjudge the intent of the message, or the context.

I agree with what you're saying about digital/social media except when reading anything Burfict says.
He is a talented football player if he had a brain he'd be a HOFer but he will probably end up in prison for life because he lacks the ability to think anything through. I personally think he's mentally ill.

I agree. Stupid translates very well in the world of social/digital media.
Back to top Go down
SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 10:54 am

Bring Hines Ward back for just "one more season", just so he can lay the wood on this guy...

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:51 pm

This is what my speech to the offense would be the next time this piece of shit plays against us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9665weLclE
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Have you guys seen that D-Will and Gary Barnidge friends video?

Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 1883569342

My actual, ACTUAL opinion on this is that to be a Steeler you have to delete all your social media accounts. Contractual. Like Le'veon Bell is calling out Mel Kiper and Todd McShay for being idiots, which is correct, but it just looks so unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 pm

KeepHarrisonTilHes92 wrote:
Have you guys seen that D-Will and Gary Barnidge friends video?

Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef 1883569342

My actual, ACTUAL opinion on this is that to be a Steeler you have to delete all your social media accounts. Contractual. Like Le'veon Bell is calling out Mel Kiper and Todd McShay for being idiots, which is correct, but it just looks so unprofessional.

Too many times I catch myself thinking Kiper and McShay, and other drafniks like them are idiots. Then I remember that I wish I thought of that job first and made a sh!t load doing that ... instead of schlepping it into my office everyday thinking: "Who's the idiot now?" It's kinda like OCs, I'm obviously smarter than all of them and could easily ring up 35 points per game {heavy sarcasm}, but they are there and I'm sitting right here. No
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:55 pm

The one thing Bell seems to be forgetting is that Mel Kiper and Todd McShay aren't the ones drafting him. The teams, with their rooms filled with scouts and evaluators miss on tons of players every year.

Add to that the fact that Kiper and McShay try to go through all the information they can on their own, and you can see how daunting the task is.

I don't agree with everything they say, but I also like to evaluate talent and come to my own conclusions every year with the NFL draft, and I can tell you.....it's tough.

There are a lot of teams that are in a perpetual state of sucking ass. That's how hard it is to evaluate talent and make personnel moves.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:11 am

pczach wrote:
The one thing Bell seems to be forgetting is that Mel Kiper and Todd McShay aren't the ones drafting him. The teams, with their rooms filled with scouts and evaluators miss on tons of players every year.

Add to that the fact that Kiper and McShay try to go through all the information they can on their own, and you can see how daunting the task is.

I don't agree with everything they say, but I also like to evaluate talent and come to my own conclusions every year with the NFL draft, and I can tell you.....it's tough.

There are a lot of teams that are in a perpetual state of sucking ass. That's how hard it is to evaluate talent and make personnel moves.

Yeah Bell needs to leave that alone, a lot of scouts and analysts get it wrong. It's an inexact science. You have guys who on paper, and based on their college film, and combine performance look to be contributors at the NFL level but when they actually see the field they simply can't produce. Then you have guys that get drafted in the 6th Round that nobody even talked about before a draft, and they turn out to be the best in the league, and sometimes even Hall of Famers. It just goes to show how it's not an exact science at all. It's mostly based on opinion, and intangibles, the experts basically have to make an educated guess. Sometimes they win, most of the time they lose. Why some of these players take that to heart so much, I don't know. I guess if it serves them as extra motivation then so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef   Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef Empty

Back to top Go down

Vontaze Burfict - DeAngelo Williams Twitter Beef
Page 1 of 1