Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Ben has separated shoulder

Go down 
+17
harrison'samonster
Lokki
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
NorCalSteelerFan
WVABE
ImperialFan
El-Gonzo Jackson
Atlanta Dan
DesertSteel
Fire Arians
jak341
FanSince72
Shalieve5090
WCSteeler
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:46 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:

Drama Queen... Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 1797695198
Back to top Go down
WVABE

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:47 pm

I say if he can't throw the ball down field than make him a back up.
This is one and done so we need the healthiest available players we have.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 1:52 pm

WVABE wrote:

I think they already played the dress Ben but play Landry until he gets hurt card this year - we need the best players out there - question is whether banged up Ben is better than healthy Landry Jones - at least for this past game we saw the answer
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:10 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
WVABE wrote:

I think they already played the dress Ben but play Landry until he gets hurt card this year - we need the best players out there - question is whether banged up Ben is better than healthy Landry Jones - at least for this past game we saw the answer

That's an easy question. IMO Ben needs to start if he's healthy enough to play without risking further injury. I'll take ben at 50% over landry at 100%. I feel Tomlin also agrees by sending Ben out there for the final drive
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 2:30 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
WVABE wrote:

That's an easy question. IMO Ben needs to start if he's healthy enough to play without risking further injury. I'll take ben at 50% over landry at 100%. I feel Tomlin also agrees by sending Ben out there for the final drive

The problem with a 50% Ben is: the deep routes are completely off the table. Simply put, without AB, we can't run, we can't pass short or intermediate routes. We literally won't be able to move the ball.

As much as I feel Landry regressed from the Chiefs game in the Bengals game, at least the Broncos can't sell out defending the run, and short and intermediate game.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Maybe Tomlin can bring Jones on for just the third and long plays along with the fake field goals - that type of subtle deception worked to perfection in Seattle Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 1401235891
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 7:16 pm

I don't see us sending anyone but Ben out there. No way we start Jones or Vick in a playoff game, even if Ben can only throw 10 yard passes we will have to make the best of it. Get the ball to brown and let him juke his way to the end zone. Let TNT work their magic. I remain optimistic. Ben and brown will be out there and perform quite well.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:13 pm

It would seem smart to me to not tell Denver any more than we have to about Ben's or AB's condition until we have no choice. In fact, I would be very happy if he is overstating his injuries. Drama is a great smokescreen, LOL.
I too think if he isn't in there we are SOL. The Powers that Be in the front office need to find some cash to get us a real live fully functional backup QB. Laundry is a nice guy, but he ain't it.
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2016 10:59 pm

I never listen to what any team says about its players before a playoff game until it's time for them to report their lineup to the league.

Monday:      We can't wake him up
Tuesday:     We're not sure if he can walk
Wednesday: There's some movement in his left hand
Thursday:     He can barely recognize fellow players
Friday:     He's fine and will be starting on Sunday

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:09 am

The pass Ben threw to AB where burfict took the cheap shot was a good 25-30 yards. It was off target and all, but he had the strength to throw it and that was 30-40 minutes after the injury. Maybe they are playing it up...making a smoke screen, maybe he will be limited, hard to say. Interesting thing is Manning has had trouble throwing down field and his shoulder isn't sprained. Steelers have done well stopping the run, so it may come down to Manning. Judging from what the Post Gazette writers are saying they don't seem to think there is much chance AB misses.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 3:43 am

I think we'll see Ben and Brown Sunday. This offensive line needs to keep Ben upright though, can't let guys get free shots on him, and Ben needs to be cognizant of that shoulder and protect it when he goes down.

Brown will be Brown, he'll be alright.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 6:39 am

I think that they need to have Vick active this weekend, just in case. If Ben tries and can't do it, then Landry should be on a short leash as well. Not that Vick looked all that great, but the playoffs are huge motivators to give it your all. At least Vick didn't have 1 INT in every 10 passes like Landry does.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:19 pm

I had a dream ben started then got sacked and landed on his shoulder but was okay.

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 12:23 pm

ImperialFan wrote:
I had a dream ben started then got sacked and landed on  his shoulder but was okay.

And Ben was OK because when he was sacked he landed on his left shoulder...right?...Am I right? Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 1647293567

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2016 1:56 pm

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did not take a painkilling injection when he reentered the AFC wild card game against the Bengals Saturday night, but that will be an option Sunday when the Steelers play the Denver Broncos in a divisional round game at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/01/13/Roethlsberger-says-building-a-game-plan-would-be-tough-without-knowing-how-hard-he-can-throw/stories/201601130181

I guess it just took a long time to set up the x-ray equipment in Cincinnati Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:04 pm

BREAKING NEWS: RYAN CLARK BLAST BIG BEN FOR EXAGGERATING INJURIES

January 14, 2016
by Sports Nut

On his appearance on First Take yesterday Ryan Clark spoke openly and honestly about his former teammate Ben Roethlisberger. The topic was Big Ben's sprained AC joint. Ryan said that coach Mike Tomlin has one rule. Never discuss injuries. Unless you are Ben Roethlisberger. Ryan said that it infuriated him that his franchise quarterback was so candid with the media about the nature and severity of his injuries. Ryan being a defender knows that guys will go after those injuries and try to target them. Then Ryan took his critique next level. He began to wonder why Ben does this. He speculated that Ben talks about his injuries so much because he wants to be this heroic figure who battles through injuries to get the victory. If the Steelers lose then he can say "Hey, I was hurt. Everybody knows that". I thought that was an interesting take by Ryan, someone who was in that locker room for a decade.

What do you think?? Does Big Ben lay it on a little thick when discussing injuries?? If so Why??

http://sportsnut.sportsblog.com/posts/10692821/breaking-news--ryan-clark-blast-big-ben-for-exaggerating-injuries-.html
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:13 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
ImperialFan wrote:
I had a dream ben started then got sacked and landed on  his shoulder but was okay.

And Ben was OK because when he was sacked he landed on his left shoulder...right?...Am I right?  Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 1647293567

that may be the way it goes down in real life, but as far as the dream goes, he was okay because as it turns out Ben is a killer cyborg sent from the future to kill the Sara Connor.  Ben continued to play and won the game.  Then my head turned into a giant candy bar and I was chased around by birds, then I woke up.

EDIT: Ben never kills Sara Connor in the dream, but goes on to invent the flying whirly-file app, win three more SB's, and squish Burficts head so that his eyes pop out when they run into each other in 2017.

Last edited by harrison'samonster on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:15 pm

Did Clark say Ben actually exaggerates his injuries, or that he gives up to much information about them? Anybody see the segment?

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:26 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
BREAKING NEWS: RYAN CLARK BLAST BIG BEN FOR EXAGGERATING INJURIES

January 14, 2016
by Sports Nut

On his appearance on First Take yesterday Ryan Clark spoke openly and honestly about his former teammate Ben Roethlisberger. The topic was Big Ben's sprained AC joint. Ryan said that coach Mike Tomlin has one rule. Never discuss injuries. Unless you are Ben Roethlisberger. Ryan said that it infuriated him that his franchise quarterback was so candid with the media about the nature and severity of his injuries. Ryan being a defender knows that guys will go after those injuries and try to target them. Then Ryan took his critique next level. He began to wonder why Ben does this. He speculated that Ben talks about his injuries so much because he wants to be this heroic figure who battles through injuries to get the victory. If the Steelers lose then he can say "Hey, I was hurt. Everybody knows that". I thought that was an interesting take by Ryan, someone who was in that locker room for a decade.

What do you think?? Does Big Ben lay it on a little thick when discussing injuries?? If so Why??

http://sportsnut.sportsblog.com/posts/10692821/breaking-news--ryan-clark-blast-big-ben-for-exaggerating-injuries-.html

Very interesting and probably spot on. My take on this is that this approach somehow takes the pressure off of Ben and helps him perform in pressure situations. The reward is great (hero) and the risk is small ("I was hurt"). If that helps him............. so be it!
Back to top Go down
marvology
Xtreme Newb
marvology

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:30 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
The pass Ben threw to AB where burfict took the cheap shot was a good 25-30 yards. It was off target and all, but he had the strength to throw it and that was 30-40 minutes after the injury. Maybe they are playing it up...making a smoke screen, maybe he will be limited, hard to say. Interesting thing is Manning has had trouble throwing down field and his shoulder isn't sprained. Steelers have done well stopping the run, so it may come down to Manning. Judging from what the Post Gazette writers are saying they don't seem to think there is much chance AB misses.

Important point. A lot of the post-game coverage has been terrible (including implying the Bengals were somehow being goaded into fights). I figure Ben is starting and will do well. They might be milking AB's status as well.

http://www.marvbook.com
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 4:54 pm

Just like our previous trips to Denver, Ryan Clark won't be playing this time either.. too soon?
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:00 pm

Lokki wrote:
too soon?

Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 Tumblr_mblnwroRLS1qaf89l

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:03 pm

harrison'samonster wrote:
Did Clark say Ben actually exaggerates his injuries, or that he gives up to much information about them?  Anybody see the segment?

I saw the segment and Clark said that Ben is basically absurdly honest about his injuries.
He said that Ben's honesty was somewhat opposed to Tomlin's policy to never talk publicly about injuries but I didn't get any sense of that being a problem overall - just that Tomlin would rather Ben (and everyone else for that matter) just shut up about who's hurt and how bad.

As far as whether Ben does that to seem heroic may be speculation from Clark but he didn't come right out and say that Ben was trying to be some kind of martyr.

I personally think that Ben may see himself as a martyr from time to time.

But I think the real reason Ben speaks so openly about his injuries has to do with whatever insecurities he may have.
It's possible that Ben psyches himself up to play through the pain but by making the pain public he has a built-in excuse if he can't so any weakness or inabilities can be attributed to an injury instead of to his skills.

That's a vanity thing.

It's also possible that he announces his injuries in order to lull an opponent into thinking he may not be effective even though he knows that he can play beyond whatever hurts.

Ryan Clark has his opinions, I have mine and others have theirs.
But the only person who knows for sure is Ben.

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:06 pm

FanSince72 wrote:
Did Clark say Ben actually exaggerates his injuries, or that he gives up to much information about them?  Anybody see the segment?

I saw the segment and Clark said that Ben is basically absurdly honest about his injuries.
He said that Ben's honesty was somewhat opposed to Tomlin's policy to never talk publicly about injuries but I didn't get any sense of that being a problem overall - just that Tomlin would rather Ben (and everyone else for that matter) just shut up about who's hurt and how bad.

As far as whether Ben does that to seem heroic may be speculation from Clark but he didn't come right out and say that Ben was trying to be some kind of martyr.

But I think the real reason Ben speaks so openly about his injuries has to do with whatever insecurities he may have.
It's possible that Ben psyches himself up to play through the pain but by making the pain public he has a built-in excuse if he can't so any weakness or inabilities can be attributed to an injury instead of to his skills.

That's a vanity thing.

It's also possible that he announces his injuries in order to lull an opponent into thinking he may not be effective even though he knows that he can play beyond whatever hurts.

Thanks! Seems much more reasonable. And very true, we can all speculate about why Ben does it. I'd like to think it gives him a reason to take off practice and eat more donuts. Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 2573146105

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:09 pm

FanSince72 wrote:

That's a vanity thing.

Thanks!  Seems much more reasonable.  And very true, we can all speculate about why Ben does it.  I'd like to think it gives him a reason to take off practice and eat more donuts.  Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 2573146105

Here's an idea:

What if we could set up a Dunkin Donuts concession cart at the back of whatever end zone Ben is playing towards?

A little motivation to get there maybe?
Sort of like a pot of Munchkins at the end of the TD pass?

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Ben has separated shoulder
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next