Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReport: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Report: Ben has separated shoulder

Go down 
+17
harrison'samonster
Lokki
IowaSteeler927
LambertWardSteel
NorCalSteelerFan
WVABE
ImperialFan
El-Gonzo Jackson
Atlanta Dan
DesertSteel
Fire Arians
jak341
FanSince72
Shalieve5090
WCSteeler
solardave
Hawaii 5-0
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:11 pm

FanSince72 wrote:

Here's an idea:

What if we could set up a Dunkin Donuts concession cart at the back of whatever end zone Ben is playing towards?

A little motivation to get there maybe?
Sort of like a pot of Munchkins at the end of the TD pass?

Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3562723908

maybe then Ben will become as strong a leader as Peyton Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3798349058

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 pm

FanSince72 wrote:

But I think the real reason Ben speaks so openly about his injuries has to do with whatever insecurities he may have.
It's possible that Ben psyches himself up to play through the pain but by making the pain public he has a built-in excuse if he can't so any weakness or inabilities can be attributed to an injury instead of to his skills.

That's a vanity thing.

It's also possible that he announces his injuries in order to lull an opponent into thinking he may not be effective even though he knows that he can play beyond whatever hurts.

It is the most favorable part of his public image - there is no doubt, even among fans that hate him, that Ben is a tough guy.  Sports Guy Bill Simmons, the ultimate Pats*** homer, referred to Ben as Frankenstein in his breakdown of the Bengals game and discussion of whether Ben will play in Denver.  It was not an insult - it was a grudging admiration that Ben will play through anything.

If anyone wants confirmation Bengals-Steelers transfixed football fans last Saturday night, click on this link to the audio of Bill Simmons and Jimmy Kimmel's Cousin Sal discussing Saturday night around the 13:20 minute mark of the audio for six minutes or so - the discussion about Jim Nantz being horrified is particularly funny

NFL Divisional Lines w/ Cousin Sal

https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simmons-podcast/ep-48-nfl-divisional-lines-w-cousin-sal
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 7:25 am

Broncos aren't buying Ben Roethlisberger's 'Jedi mind trick' regarding injured shoulder

“Ben, he kind of looks like Obi-Wan Kenobi. He tried to pull the Jedi mind trick on everybody,” Denver defensive end Antonio Smith told USA TODAY Sports. “’Oh yeah, I’m really hurt. I might not play.’ And then he comes in the game and tries to ball.”...

“He’s one of the toughest, if not the toughest, quarterbacks in a long time,” Broncos defensive coordinator Wade Phillips said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2016/01/14/ben-roethlisberger-shoulder-injury-status-steelers-afc-divisional-playoffs/78818886/
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 3:11 pm

Martavis Bryant said Roethlisberger looked "great" in practice today.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 3:14 pm

LETS DO THIS!

No Brown sucks, but if #7 is in playing shape, there's always a chance. Martavis will have to step up and put his big boy pants on
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 3:25 pm

Fire Arians wrote:
LETS DO THIS!

No Brown sucks, but if #7 is in playing shape, there's always a chance. Martavis will have to step up and put his big boy pants on

Agreed.

And like Ryan Clark said earlier this week, if he had to choose between AB and Seven, he'd take Seven all day!

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Brian Billick: Roethlisberger is 'a drama queen'

by Caitlyn Holroyd
Jan 16

Former Baltimore Ravens coach-turned-commentator Brian Billick suggested Thursday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger may be exaggerating how bad his shoulder injury is.

"There's no one tougher than Ben Roethlisberger by far in the NFL, but he's a drama queen," Billick said Thursday during an appearance on Denver's 104.3 The Fan, per Jason Garcia of FOX Sports.

"He's gonna come out on that field. That arm's gonna be limp. It's going to look like he can't even lift it. Then he's going to crank off a 60-yard bomb to Martavis Bryant. Then he'll carry it back into the huddle, holding it like it's in a sling, and then he'll crank off a 40-yarder to Antonio Brown."

Brown is still dealing with a concussion and has been ruled out of Sunday's AFC divisional-round game against the Denver Broncos, so Roethlisberger will presumably have to find someone else to crank that 40-yarder off to.

Roethlisberger is listed as questionable, but was a full participant at Friday's practice and should be good to go.

http://www.thescore.com/news/937785
Back to top Go down
harrison'samonster

harrison'samonster

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895 Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 3029611895

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 4:09 pm

I could kind of see us sliding Wheaton into the 1 spot since he is the better route runner and have Bryant and DHB handle 2 and 3. I dont think we need to force Coates into action in such a big game. Remember we have Miller too and Tousaint can catch quite well. We still have plenty of offensive weapons especially if Ben is near 100 percent... Which I guess we won't really know till we see him play.

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:29 pm

Yeah, as much as we're being counted against I still have a lot of faith in this team. There's been times this year where it didn't seem possible.

Beating Arizona with Landry Jones, The walkoff Le'Veon Bell TD as time expired. Managing to cause Cincy to fumble and taking away a sure win from them.

Something just feels 'right' this year. Been an uphill battle that's getting tougher, but that's what happens when you making it to round 2 in the playoffs.

My dream is number 7 winning NUMBER 7. Now's the time to prove why you shouldn't count the Steelers out.

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 1505004552
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:34 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
Yeah, as much as we're being counted against I still have a lot of faith in this team. There's been times this year where it didn't seem possible.

Beating Arizona with Landry Jones, The walkoff Le'Veon Bell TD as time expired. Managing to cause Cincy to fumble and taking away a sure win from them.

Something just feels 'right' this year. Been an uphill battle that's getting tougher, but that's what happens when you making it to round 2 in the playoffs.

My dream is number 7 winning NUMBER 7. Now's the time to prove why you shouldn't count the Steelers out.
I have had a team of destiny feeling too. I dunno. It just feels right with it coming ten years after the one for the thumb, sneaking in on the last day of the season, and overcoming a ton of adversity so far. We got our work cut tomorrow though for sure. Denver's never easy but I like our chances.
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:37 pm

ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
SteelCity4Life wrote:

I have had a team of destiny feeling too. I dunno. It just feels right with it coming ten years after the one for the thumb, sneaking in on the last day of the season, and overcoming a ton of adversity so far. We got our work cut tomorrow though for sure. Denver's never easy but I like our chances.

It only gets tougher but this team has done it before, and that's all the reason to believe.

Hope Ben really just is being a drama queen and he comes out looking a-okay. It's crazy because I don't remember a time not having Brown except before he was here.

Time for another man to step up.

How much longer do we think D'Angelo is gonna be out Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 2087824411

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 1505004552

Last edited by SteelCity4Life on Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 8:48 pm

SteelCity4Life wrote:
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu wrote:
SteelCity4Life wrote:

It only gets tougher but this team has done it before, and that's all the reason to believe.

Hope Ben really just is being a drama queen and he comes out looking a-okay. It's crazy because I don't remember a time not having Brown except before he was here.

Time to another man to step up.

How much longer do we think D'Angelo is gonna be out Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 2087824411
Yeah Brown's been remarkably durable. Hopefully we survive tomorrow and he's good to go against NE. I am cautiously optimistic about Ben but he's the toughest QB I've ever seen and if anyone can overcome this injury, it's him. I wouldn't be surprised to see a big play from Corates tomorrow.They were high on the kid and now he'll get a chance.
Back to top Go down
ImperialFan

ImperialFan

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 11:25 am

I am so excited. Gotta figure out where I'm going to watch the game. It is on CBS correct? My room mate is a broncos fan so this is going to be intense lol.

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 Drama%20Queen%202_zpskr3sfpgz

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Billick should have called Ben an "actor" instead of "drama queen."

All Ben may be doing is trying to mislead the Broncos about his inabilitiy to throw long.

If so....good move on his part.

Drama queen implies someone who acts just to get attention.  Ben wouldn't do that.   Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Ben has separated shoulder   Report: Ben has separated shoulder - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Ben has separated shoulder
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3