Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

BREAKING: Heath Miller retires

Go down 
+30
FrancoLambert
IowaSteeler927
kan_t
Bert Gordon
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
PhantomJB93
SteelCity4Life
vasteeler
SoCalFan
Fire Arians
SteelerSpartan
pczach
steelax04
harrison'samonster
Atlanta Dan
LambertWardSteel
SteelerFreak58
El-Gonzo Jackson
fer69
FanSince72
steelers5895
jak341
Vis
OX1947
Hawaii 5-0
stlrtruck
Buddha Bus
DesertSteel
Lokki
BlackAndGold
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:25 pm

Have a safe trip home, Heath. You earned it.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:31 pm

pczach wrote:
Heath was the consummate pro. A quiet leader that has been a classy mainstay during a great run of success. He spent his entire career with the team he loved, and the fan base that loved him unconditionally.

He has set the standard of how to conduct yourself on and off the field, and the type of teammate everyone should strive to emulate.

Heath will be missed. He has always been one of my favorite players.

I wish him nothing but the best, and I thank him for how he conducted himself and the effort he always gave. He played the game the way you wish everyone would, and was a big reason for the success of this team.

Happy trails Heath!

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

IN SPADES!

Couldn't have said it better myself!

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:32 pm

Thought he had another year left....damn

Will miss him....dude gave it his all for this team.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:33 pm

the only good thing about Heath's retirement is it frees up $4 million in cap room...
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Damn! I was hoping he'd have another year left in him. Oh well I wish him the best, he was my alltime favorite Steeler TE.

Though from what I seen from Jesse James, I think the future at TE is in good hands. The kid stepped up big when Miller was out last season.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:49 pm

Troy Polamalu
Hines Ward
Ike Taylor
Heath Miller
Brett Keisel
Chris Hoke

All played for the Steelers and had 10+ years playing football, all retired a Steeler. It's a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 4:53 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Troy Polamalu
Hines Ward
Ike Taylor
Heath Miller
Brett Keisel
Chris Hoke

All played for the Steelers and had 10+ years playing football, all retired a Steeler. It's a beautiful thing.

You forgot Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton.

Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:22 pm

This speaks volumes for Heath's character, he could've stuck around for another year knowing the softer schedule and the fact that we will be fully stocked and primed for our 7th ring. He is walking away with nothing left in the tank and probably feels it would be selfish on his part.

******THANKS HEATH******

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:39 pm

BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 Luke-skywalker-noooooo

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
SteelCity4Life

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 5:58 pm

vasteeler wrote:
BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 Luke-skywalker-noooooo

Lol, this was my reaction pretty much.

Was honestly not expecting this at this point. Been expecting Defensive players to go but Heath? Right now? Caught me off guard.

I admire his decision though, because there is certainly more to life than football. Gonna miss him though. The class he has, his great blocking efforts, reliability. All things that I haven't taken for granted about the guy. BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 2551600555

I really want to see them gives Jesse James a chance. He looked really promising to me. I say give him a share of time to prove himself and find another one on top of that as leverage.

Maybe, just maybe, Jesse James can be the next Heath Miller in due time. BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 3056903510

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 6:37 pm

Teammates, Steelers management and fans react to Heath Miller's decision to retire

One of many - link to article with other tweets below

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/19/Heath-Miller-s-teammates-Steelers-management-and-Seth-Meyers-react-to-his-decision-to-retire/stories/201602190236
Back to top Go down
PhantomJB93

PhantomJB93

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Very shocked. We all knew his best years were behind him and that we may be looking to replace him soon, but I don't think anyone thought it would be this soon. I sure as hell thought he had at least a year or two left, maybe even 3.

And suddenly TE may be a bigger positional black hole than DB. Jesse James is promising, sure, but I liked him a hell of a lot more as a young guy to grow for a few years under Heath instead of being our #1 and really only option in just his second year. Not sure you can pass on Hunter Henry now unless there is really an obviously better prospect.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:09 pm

I wonder if concussions played a role in this decision with his family? He could've wore the new helmet from Vicis!

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:21 pm

SoCalFan wrote:
I wonder if concussions played a role in this decision with his family? He could've wore the new helmet from Vicis!

Or maybe the Steelers asked him to take a pay cut?

Whatever the reason I am glad Heath called it a career with the grace and modesty he exhibited since the Steelers drafted him. A small example in this story.

Midway through the 2014 season, the Steelers made a change in their open locker room period on Wednesdays, the first day that the entire team is available during the week. Instead of players being made available after lunch and then after practice, they would be available from 9:30 to 10 a.m. and then again after practice.

It was a minor change for the players, but a major change for those of us in the media. If you wanted to have something to work on for Wednesday, you had to get something out of that early locker room session.

And often times, since the players had meetings at 10 a.m., getting breakfast or a snack was something that was more pressing to them as opposed to talking to the media.

There would always be a sprinkling of guys in the locker room, mostly practice squad players or end-of-the-roster guys. And Heath Miller.

Miller was always there. And though he’d give you that look – he would often joke about how boring he was – he was there. And as one of the team’s elder statesmen, he wasn’t nearly as boring as he thought.

But for the program piece that I wrote on him, I had learned from Antonio Brown that Miller had called him aside and kindly dressed him down for showing up young quarterback Landry Jones on the field.

That had, in fact, come from Brown.

I asked Miller about it. He made a face and brushed it off, saying he’d like to keep what was said between himself and Brown. It wasn’t a big deal, according to Miller.

But to Brown it was. Miller didn’t do things like that often. So when he did, it carried a lot of weight.

Link to full article

http://www.sportsmanias.com/news/pittsburgh-steelers/miller-walks-into-the-sunset--nfl-from-the-sidelines/56c7899a4e6336d70c8b4641
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:37 pm

Can't believe he was nudged out, so it's got to be that whole "taking 11 guys with him to the ground" thing that has worn on him in his career. This changes the dynamic of the draft somewhat but I hope FO doesn't get amnesia about the secondary.
Back to top Go down
Bert Gordon
Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:56 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Wait what? Why?!!

$$$

Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Heath certainly had tread left on his tires, but as everyone has alluded to, it's clear he knows the end is nigh and is likely looking toward his future.

It's sad to see him go, but it was a HELLUVA run the last 11 seasons and it will be great to see him come back on veteran appreciation days, etc.

Heath epitomized Black and Gold; a Steelers Hall of Famer, no doubt.

Xtreme Newb
Bert Gordon

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:00 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Troy Polamalu
Hines Ward
Ike Taylor
Heath Miller
Brett Keisel
Chris Hoke

Yeah, it's a rare thing for sure.

They were the best of times.

SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Heath Miller wasn't pushed into retirement

I don't see how he could've anyway

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers. BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 1505004552
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 8:29 am

DesertSteel wrote:
How does this change the draft??? Before, I think they could've passed on a good TE prospect in rounds 1-3 , but now I'm not so sure. I guess we'll find out how much the like Jesse James.
I have said it's a need even if Miller didn't retire. Miller at best would only play one more year and they need to find his successor.

I want Hunter Henry from Day 1.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 8:51 am

Gonna miss you Heath! Gonna miss watching #83 grabbing a lunch pail and getting to work every Sunday. Truly a privilege to have watched him play for the black and gold.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 10:14 am

People of Pittsburgh....as a sign of gratitude, respect, and admiration, I propose that next season whenever one of our TE's catches the ball, HEEEEEETH should still be your vocal reaction.

I think it would be cool and speak volumes about his class and dedication to the Black and Gold.

Good luck and good health in retirement Heath....you certainly deserve it.    BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 2335737994       BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 175256714
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 11:51 am

A great Steeler, a class act. He will definitely be missed. Especially gonna miss the HEEEEEEATH chant whenever he made a catch...enjoy retirement Heath. #83
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2016 8:10 pm

BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 HeathMiller_Retirement_EMAIL

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING: Heath Miller retires   BREAKING: Heath Miller retires - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

BREAKING: Heath Miller retires
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next