Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHere is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh

Go down 
+14
IowaSteeler927
solardave
SoCalFan
El-Gonzo Jackson
KeepHarrisonTilHes92
vasteeler
OX1947
pczach
SteelersNorth
jak341
Fire Arians
Steeler-in-west
SteelersYak
steelers5895
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
steelers5895
Banned

Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh Empty
PostSubject: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 6:03 pm

I know its not happening but why not throw out some thoughts. Plus we need a new thread.

Here is why a place like Pittsburgh would be perfect for a guy like Johnny Manziel. Lets face it, they guy has talent and can play, its his maturity level and commitment to the game that is of issue. Afterall, he looked like Dan Marino vs us.

So, here are my points, again, this isn't a pitch, just some free- flowing thoughts

He went to Cleveland which is a poorly run organization with instability in the front office and coaching staff. He came in and was bigger than the organization. he gets drafted and thousands of season tickets are sold. The roster is starved of leaders and basically Manziel was the tail wagging the dog. Who had enough clout in that organization and who would he take seriously if he were threatened? no one. he was bigger than the organization.

Now, in Pittsburgh, he would be one of 53. That is a humbling experience for anyone in any organization and especially sports. He comes in, he has NO shot of starting, the crowd and media will never call for him to play, he would be a BACK UP ONLY!!!

He comes to work every day and sees 6 trophies that were obtained WITHOUT him.

Our roster has champions on it, leaders on it and every day in the facility there could be 1, 2 3 Hall of Famers poking around....all bigger than Johnny Football

Our head coach is a champion who was there before him and will be there after him and is respected throughout the league. He will NOT take his crap and he has a proven track record of winning and leading.

Big Ben leads by example and is the top dog, 2 time champion and future hall of famer

The front office is stable and will always be stable.

so, sometimes it takes the right organization to get someone's head screwed on straight and Pittsburgh is the right place for him.

IF the Steelers were risk takers (and they are not) for a song you could get a back up who can win with what he has around him and if all went well, could be the QB of the future.

what the heck, better than talking about a 6th round compensatory pick.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 6:17 pm

So much no.

This is clearly a bait thread and if it turns to such it will be locked down quickly.

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 6:29 pm

Our offense is set and in great shape. Why take on the risk of distractions that Manziel will bring? And even though this is the Steelers, he's still young and still doing a good job of making the wrong headlines. Maybe the Steelers can whip him up into shape, but maybe they can't (they couldn't get Cortez Allen out of whatever funk he's been in). Frankly, with his brief stint in the NFL, he hasn't shown much anyway to warrant any risk. I'd rather wait and see if Grad can come back healthy.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 6:41 pm

Come on man
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 6:42 pm

No.

Manzel has bigger problems than football right now. I would get RGIII before Manzel. I would trade for Kapernick before Manzel. I would [and I actually can't believe I am saying this] call Tebow before Manzel.

As for Manzel himself, he was released. As far as news leaks are concerned, there were no takers for trade offers from the Browns. At this point, the only place I can see him landing is Dallas, and that is a far stretch.

If he wants a career at this point, he is going to have to take a year off, get some serious therapy, and probably go to the CFL for a bit to polish his game and show he can play a season without self destructing.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 7:19 pm

manziel's pro career is over, unless he's gonna compete in drinking contests
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 7:54 pm

I shouldn't do it but here goes nuthin'

Why don't the steelers just release Ben outright and sign Tebow to be the starter and Johnny can be the back up?

Or better yet...let's trade Ben straight up for Rivers so we can win that 7th Lombardi lol

Sorry in advance everyone I just couldn't NOT sit back I had to lol
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 8:51 pm

Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 294855916 and this is what I was talking about.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Sometimes saying nothing is much better than saying something.

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:30 pm

There is a better chance of David Bowie coming back from the dead than Johnny Football coming to Pittsburgh. In the words of Dan Rooney after asked if he would bring in a guy like Terrell Owens: "We are here to run a football team, not a circus".
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 2744185472

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Starting to think you're just here for the trollz.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 11:18 pm

pczach wrote:
Sometimes saying nothing is much better than saying something.

What is the old saying about" better to be silently thought, than open your mouth and remove all doubt?" Is that where you were going?

Manziel should have been drafted in the 4th round. He now replaces Art Schliester as worst self destruction of a NFL QB by addiction IMO.
Back to top Go down
SoCalFan

SoCalFan

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:51 am

Yup, Johnny f**kin football is the predecessor to Big Ben! Uh huh... Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 am

OX1947 wrote:
There is a better chance of David Bowie coming back from the dead than Johnny Football coming to Pittsburgh. In the words of Dan Rooney after asked if he would bring in a guy like Terrell Owens: "We are here to run a football team, not a circus".

This says it all. While I enjoy a good circus I believe the elephants and performers are all SOBER!!!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 4:57 am

Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552 Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1505004552

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:48 am

Proverbs 17:28 (Bible) "Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; When he closes his lips, he is considered prudent."
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 9:56 am

so opinions are frowned upon on this site because you guys cant have a discussion?

this board needs some new posts its the same stale topics. something fresh, regardless of far fetched is much better than a sean spence topic.

sorry for trying to be creative
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:01 am

SteelersYak wrote:
So much no.

This is clearly a bait thread and if it turns to such it will be locked down quickly.

pretty insulting and sad that a moderator would post this immediately. I posted actual reasons of my opinion and were in no way inflammatory and a moderator then sets the tone that way.

I also posted I DIDNT think or want it to happen but felt it would be a fun topic to discuss but a moderator posts this? what a joke and disgrace and I question you as one
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am

steelers5895 wrote:
so opinions are frowned upon on this site because you guys cant have a discussion?  

this board needs some new posts its the same stale topics.  something fresh, regardless of far fetched is much better than a sean spence topic.

No it's not.    Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 2672159185
Back to top Go down
FanSince72

FanSince72

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:17 am

The only thing left for Manziel is to write his memoir.

Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh Manziel_zpsi7ixrchv

Then he can use the proceeds to buy a liquor store.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:15 pm

Maybe he can play safety? Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1689750825
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:43 pm

LambertLunatic wrote:
Maybe he can play safety? Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 1689750825

Since were being creative and all, I think thats a wonderful and valid point. You sir are awesome. Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh 469886443
Back to top Go down
KeepHarrisonTilHes92

KeepHarrisonTilHes92

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 12:55 pm

steelers5895 wrote:

this board needs some new posts its the same stale topics.  something fresh, regardless of far fetched is much better than a sean spence topic.

Nobody else was inflammatory either. We just think its a ridiculous notion and far and beyond anything the Steelers Franchise is likely to do. Since its also a fantasy world that nobody on the site wants to entertain because no Steelers fan wants Manziel, the next thing to do instead of let your thread die responseless, is to share how we actually feel about the idea. Because you know, we're not gonna skirt around poking fun at it because you might feel victimized. Since its highly unlikely that you really don't understand how the thread immediately kicked off to this point, its more likely you're just trying to troll. The tone wasn't set by the mod. Given your rather disagreeable history coupled with the fact that you can't take much ballbusting without being victimized, youre not well liked. But we can have debates and discussions with people we don't like easily. Very different when the guy starts to seem like a troll.

The mods are people too and they don't have to refrain from acting like a human being and pointing out when something stinks.

The community is started to understand you, and we pretty much know that you understand yourself too. Since thats cleared up, continue as you are if you're well within the rules and want to allude to those rules anytime it guarantees you the ability to say anything. However, be able to properly define want inflammatory is, because nobody is personally attacking you as a person.

The offseason is boring, so maybe substantive information actually concerning Steelers free agents and active roster members and compensatory 6th rounders is boring. But its actually immediately relative and substantial. Please.
Back to top Go down
steelers5895
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 1:09 pm

the sad part is no one read the first line.

I am also embarrassed how soft some of the posters are on this board. what wimps about everything. you guys cant be the ones I sit next to at the stadiums.

wow!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh   Here is why Manziel would work in  Pittsburgh Empty

Back to top Go down

Here is why Manziel would work in Pittsburgh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next