Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”

Go down 
+23
SteelersNorth
vasteeler
SteelersYak
Hawaii 5-0
fer69
JPPT1974
FanSince72
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
IowaSteeler927
EbonySteel86
marvology
Rhyno
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
harrison'samonster
Stryker
kirklandrules
Fire Arians
effyou515
dave n'at
Atlanta Dan
muncher
Wallace108
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:41 am

Quote :
BR7 has had more passing yards under Haley than his has under Arians since 2011

That includes garbage time yards too. Right?

Until you people get that through your heads? You got NOTHING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:44 am

Quote :
So show me where he is taking more hits than when Arians was in the Burgh.

Ben Roethlisberger taking hits at record rates

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 1, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT

The schemes have changed, but the beatings have remained the same for Ben Roethlisberger.

Actually, they’ve gotten worse.

The Steelers quarterback is getting sacked at a higher rate than when he was playing under coordinator Bruce Arians, who was criticized for not sufficiently protecting the investment.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the 26 sacks Roethlisberger has absorbed so far puts him on pace for 59, well beyond his career-high of 50 — if he mades it that long.

Asked how he was holding up physically, Roethlisberger laughed and replied: “I am all right so far. As long as we slow it down soon.”

Including postseason games, he’s been sacked 406 times, more than any quarterback in the last 10 years. It was something he could absorb when he was younger, but at 31, they know he’s not bouncing up as quickly as in the past.

“He’s the toughest quarterback in the league but after a while, obviously you get sick of that,” right tackle Marcus Gilbert said. “Any of us would. He’s trying to get the job done and he feels pressure every time or gets hit with shots to the leg or to the head. We have to take more pride in it. Whether it’s change up the scheme or just get better with the line — and the injuries aren’t helping. . . .

“It stinks to see him come in the next day limping around, barely walking. You got to be better, you have to take pride in that.”

Line problems have been a persistent issue, and it doesn’t help that right guard David DeCastro (ankle) hasn’t practiced this week. Left guard Ramon Foster (concussion) did, and the Steelers have to hope they can patch something together to keep Roethlisberger upright.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:46 am

Quote :
Nobody is degrading his career.

In the other thread these quotes about Ben are there, I didn't say them:

"He's having the best seasons of his career under Haley."

"Arians allowed Ben "to be Ben". Haley has asked Ben to be an NFL QB and Ben has prospered like he's never done before."

"Because he's finally being asked to make those pin-point throws that he always possessed, but never was asked to make. Everything was with his ability to extend plays ... now he's dropping dimes."

Those aren't compliments. And I'm not the one on this board saying them either.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:55 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :

That includes garbage time yards too.  Right?  

Until you people get that through your heads?  You got NOTHING.  

Since Hayleys arrival I can name these select few games as your so called 'garbage time' yardage games:
Chargers in 2012
Bears 2013 (it was 27-20 early in the 4th though so minimal at best)
Patriots* 2013 (Steelers were down 11 with an outside change to tie it with 6mins left and then the Pats* blew it open)
Saints 2014

I was being picky myself but in reality there's only the 2 games where 'garbage' time yards we're really a factor.

But in general every QB has garbage yards, some more than others. I just don't understand how or why this is a real sticking point when 2 games in 4 seasons are really insignificant.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:58 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :
Nobody is degrading his career.

In the other thread these quotes about Ben are there, I didn't say them:  

"He's having the best seasons of his career under Haley."

"Arians allowed Ben "to be Ben". Haley has asked Ben to be an NFL QB and Ben has prospered like he's never done before."  

"Because he's finally being asked to make those pin-point throws that he always possessed, but never was asked to make. Everything was with his ability to extend plays ... now he's dropping dimes."

Those aren't compliments.  And I'm not the one on this board saying them either.  

Talk about taking things completely out of context and blowing them well out of proportion. Just because some people believe he's having a better career under Haley, doesn't mean they're trying to take away from Ben's career. That assumption is preposterous to say the very least. When someone compliments Ben on his pocket presence improving, they're not degrading him for his past performance, his past performances helped get us two Super Bowl rings... You are taking people's words out of context to further your agenda against Todd Haley.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 8:34 am

Quote :
Just because some people believe he's having a better career under Haley, doesn't mean they're trying to take away from Ben's career.

" Haley has asked Ben to be an NFL QB and Ben has prospered like he's never done before." "

That tells me right there, that the OP believes Ben WASN'T an NFL caliber QB prior to Haley.

Everything was with his ability to extend plays ... now he's dropping dimes."

That tells me right there, that the OP believes the nonsense, and inaccurate trash that all Ben was prior to Haley was this sandlot schmuck.

Again those aren't compliments.

Only a fool would think otherwise.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:16 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :
Just because some people believe he's having a better career under Haley, doesn't mean they're trying to take away from Ben's career.

" Haley has asked Ben to be an NFL QB and Ben has prospered like he's never done before."  "

That tells me right there, that the OP believes Ben WASN'T an NFL caliber QB prior to Haley.  

Everything was with his ability to extend plays ... now he's dropping dimes."

That tells me right there, that the OP believes the nonsense, and inaccurate trash that all Ben was prior to Haley was this sandlot schmuck.  

Again those aren't compliments.  

Only a fool would think otherwise.  

You must be a fool. I also wrote:

Kirklandrules wrote:
you'll note that I wasn't degrading Ben or his work prior to Haley. In fact, I have been crediting the Steelers winning to Ben, not Arians. As I said, Arians ran an offense that basically let Ben be Ben. Meaning (let me break this down for you) Ben made the plays that Arians didn't call. You're so far up Arians ass that you can't even follow the argument here.

You've wasted an entire, lengthy, exhausting post by cherry picking certain statements to back up your failed argument.

You were even proud of that statement when Polamolu said it.

Crash wrote:
Just remember what Troy Polamalu said after SB XLIII:

"Ben should just keep being Ben"

I'll listen to the FOOTBALL PLAYER.

I was agreeing with that statement, you reinforced it and now you're trying to say that I'm denigrating Ben's career. "How dare you" say such things about Ben!

Crash wrote:
The LESSER Todd Haley is involved, the BETTER the offense works.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much the only person that feels this way. Most Steelers fans as well as NFL pundits believe this was the case under Arians. You even said it yourself, several times, that Arians allowed Ben to play his game and Haley has strapped Ben with his playbook. So yes, under Haley, Ben has been asked to be an NFL QB and not a freelancer. You sat here last year telling us how great Ben was extending the plays, making the plays that weren't part of a playbook, now you're saying such things denigrate the man. I have a feeling when you're not online spewing your garbage, you have a wonderful time arguing with that guy you see in the mirror.

I wish I didn't have a job and could research and post all day. I'll leave you to your failed arguments while I collect a paycheck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:23 am

Quote :
As I said, Arians ran an offense that basically let Ben be Ben. Meaning (let me break this down for you) Ben made the plays that Arians didn't call.

And that's inaccurate.  I've provided THREE DIFFERENT SOURCES, and two SPECIFICALLY mentioned how Ben was throwing "dimes", in the pocket.  

This was 2011.  BEFORE the savior showed up.  

Quote :
Unfortunately, you're pretty much the only person that feels this way.

Because I break down their film.  When the subbing stops? They dominate.  

When the subbing is constant?  They do nothing.  

Quote :
Most Steelers fans as well as NFL pundits believe this was the case under Arians.

Would these be the same "NFL pundits" who've voted Arians COY TWICE since he left?  

Would these be the same "NFL pundits" who RIGHT NOW, think that Carson Palmer is a better football player than Ben Roethlisberger?

Quote :
So yes, under Haley, Ben has been asked to be an NFL QB and not a freelancer

Yeah, the guys who break down film for a living, they are all wrong.  

See this kiddos?  Once again he is saying that Ben wasn't an NFL QB prior to Haley.  

Now the rest of this board can grow a set and bash him for it.

Last edited by Crash on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 9:26 am

"On what Roethlisberger doesn't get enough credit for: "His ability to make throws consistently from the pocket. I charted all 60 of his 20-plus yard completions in 2011. Only five came outside the pocket."

-Ron Jaworski, former NFL Quarterback, July 9 2012   Before Haley ever coached him.

Before the SF 2011 game.

MURPH: You’ve seen this guy play hurt a lot over the years, haven’t you?

COSELL: “Yeah. Look, I would have a tough time believing he won’t play, but again we’ll see how it impacts his movement.

Although, one of the big myths about Roethlisberger – and again, this comes from watching every play – is that all his big plays come from outside the pocket. That is very far from the truth. That’s a myth. The large, large majority of his plays come from within the pocket. It’s just that we see on Sportscenter nine thousand times all those plays when he’s outside the pocket, so the perception is that’s what he does. But for the most part, the large majority of what he does comes from throws within the pocket area.

"Free lancer".  

LOL
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 2:32 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :
As I said, Arians ran an offense that basically let Ben be Ben. Meaning (let me break this down for you) Ben made the plays that Arians didn't call.

And that's inaccurate.  I've provided THREE DIFFERENT SOURCES, and two SPECIFICALLY mentioned how Ben was throwing "dimes", in the pocket.  

This was 2011.  BEFORE the savior showed up.  

Quote :
Unfortunately, you're pretty much the only person that feels this way.

Because I break down their film.  When the subbing stops? They dominate.  

When the subbing is constant?  They do nothing.  

Quote :
Most Steelers fans as well as NFL pundits believe this was the case under Arians.

Would these be the same "NFL pundits" who've voted Arians COY TWICE since he left?  

Quote :
So yes, under Haley, Ben has been asked to be an NFL QB and not a freelancer

Yeah, the guys who break down film for a living, they are all wrong.  

See this kiddos?  Once again he is saying that Ben wasn't an NFL QB prior to Haley.  

Now the rest of this board can grow a set and bash him for it.  

Failed ... again. Since you're the only one that doesn't understand the context in which I'm referring to Ben being asked to be an NFL QB, you're the only one acting with outrage. Here's a little reading for you:

Jeremey Fowler - SEPN wrote:
Ben Roethlisberger has the footwork of a finesse offensive tackle and the right arm power of the bear in "The Revenant." For years, those two qualities made Roethlisberger a natural at staying in the pocket for four, five, six seconds at a time while waiting for big downfield plays to develop.

As the hits mounted, the Pittsburgh Steelers turned to offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who has Roethlisberger racking up more yards and less poundage.

That doesn’t mean former coordinator Bruce Arians wasn’t good for Roethlisberger. He was. He’s a great playcaller. But Roethlisberger now looks more like a pure, drop-back passer than at any point in his career.

Rest of the story here

Let me help you a bit on this one ....
Quote :
But Roethlisberger now looks more like a pure, drop-back passer than at any point in his career.

To borrow a quote from you .... "I'll listen to the FOOTBALL PLAYER":

Antonio Brown wrote:
His footwork has improved, his eyes and vision have improved, and improved quickly,” Bowen said. “It’s also a confidence level that you can’t see on tape.

Now, run along and entertain us with quotes from Fowler, taken out of context, in an attempt to tell us how he's always been a Ben hater. Or how AB isn't that great of a receiver and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Meanwhile, I'll listen to the crickets chirp in response to your call to bash me. Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 1401235891
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Quote :
As the hits mounted, the Pittsburgh Steelers turned to offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who has Roethlisberger racking up more yards and less poundage.

Yay yards.

Like I said, Philip Rivers II.. Yards without context.

Noticed you've yet to comment on 2013? Why is that? Because it kills your agenda.

Less poundage? He's missing more games than he ever did under Whiz/Arians. In case you don't know basic NFL rules? Games played only count when you're in uniform and on the field.

He's missed 7 games under Haley due to injury.

In the first 8 years of his career? He missed six.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 3:33 pm

This right here, says it all.  

Quote :
* There are minimal "Ben being Ben" scramble plays that were once his trademark.

No, as Ron Jaworski said FIVE YEARS BEFORE the Savior showed up:

"On what Roethlisberger doesn't get enough credit for: "His ability to make throws consistently from the pocket. I charted all 60 of his 20-plus yard completions in 2011. Only five came outside the pocket."

-Ron Jaworski, former NFL Quarterback, July 9 2012  

Or as Greg Cosell said five years ago:  

Although, one of the big myths about Roethlisberger – and again, this comes from watching every play – is that all his big plays come from outside the pocket. That is very far from the truth. That’s a myth. The large, large majority of his plays come from within the pocket. It’s just that we see on Sportscenter nine thousand times all those plays when he’s outside the pocket, so the perception is that’s what he does. But for the most part, the large majority of what he does comes from throws within the pocket area.”  

These guys five years ago, said the exact opposite, and dummy Jeremy Fowler is still pigeon-holing Ben's career just like you have done.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Crash wrote:
Quote :

Yay yards.  

Like I said, Philip Rivers II..  Yards without context.  

Noticed you've yet to comment on 2013?  Why is that?  Because it kills your agenda.

Sorry, I'll have to find time to sift through your posts to see what you were referring to regarding 2013. I really do have a job, so it's not like I'm avoiding the topic here.

Crash wrote:
Less poundage?  He's missing more games than he ever did under Whiz/Arians.  In case you don't know basic NFL rules?  Games played only count when you're in uniform and on the field.  

He's missed 7 games under Haley due to injury.

In the first 8 years of his career?  He missed six.

Measuring games missed as a reflection of the protection built into the offense is kinda like including garbage time stats. He was sacked and hit far more under Arians than he has been under Haley. Arians had the benefit of a guy who was in his 20s and could play through the injuries. Haley has a guy in his 30s.  But your tape watching probably doesn't quite reflect that natural fact.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:59 pm

Quote :
Measuring games missed as a reflection of the protection built into the offense is kinda like including garbage time stats. He was sacked and hit far more under Arians than he has been under Haley.

November 1st 2013, he was on pace to be sacked 59 times. An all time high.

Guess who the offensive coordinator was?

Hint, it wasn't Bruce Arians.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 6:01 pm

By the way Mr. Football, you claim Ben is finally getting his due?  

The current NFL Top 100 List, by those expert pundits you keep blowing, think Carson Palmer being coached by Bruce Arians, is a better football player than Ben Roethlisberger who is being coached by Savior Todd Haley.  

Stick that in your agenda pipe and smoke it.

How embarrassing, for the organization, for Art Rooney II, and for Roethlisberger himself.

Like I said, they took Ben's career and legacy and flushed it right down the shitter.

Last edited by Crash on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 7:01 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
FanSince72 wrote:

Arian's style may not be for everyone, but we were winning consistently when he was here.
And the defense may indeed have had a part in that

Nice of you to concede the defense "may indeed have had a part" in winning while Arians was OC  Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 1664291743

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 3562723908  So true.  Like the '85 Bears defense "may indeed have had a part" in them winning a Super Bowl.  Or the 2002 Buccaneers defense "may indeed have had a part" in winning a Super Bowl.

Sure, we can all reference other cases where Mike Martz won the Rams a title, or Norv Turner won the Cowboys a ring and Kevin Gilbride won the Giants a Super Bowl....because we all know the most important guy on the team is the OC.  Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 1505004552

The ONLY two guys who failed under Gilbride were Kordell and Ryan Leaf.

Which says more about THEM, than it does Gilbride.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 11:11 pm

Well Ryan Leaf is indeed that a huge NFL failure!

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:29 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :

That includes garbage time yards too.  Right?  

Until you people get that through your heads?  You got NOTHING.  

Ahh... you walked right into my trap. That was WAY too easy. Your critical thinking skills aren't up to snuff if you missed such and EASY point.

Since 2011, has BR7 taken a snap with Arians on the team? Hmm???? Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 3135543967

If you wanna keep up with me in the left lane, you gotta learn the difference between the gas and the brake.

Now go ahead and ignore that you got schooled and make some other point.

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:36 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :
So show me where he is taking more hits than when Arians was in the Burgh.

Ben Roethlisberger taking hits at record rates

Posted by Darin Gantt on November 1, 2013, 8:29 AM EDT

The schemes have changed, but the beatings have remained the same for Ben Roethlisberger.

Actually, they’ve gotten worse.

The Steelers quarterback is getting sacked at a higher rate than when he was playing under coordinator Bruce Arians, who was criticized for not sufficiently protecting the investment.

According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the 26 sacks Roethlisberger has absorbed so far puts him on pace for 59, well beyond his career-high of 50 — if he mades it that long.

Asked how he was holding up physically, Roethlisberger laughed and replied: “I am all right so far. As long as we slow it down soon.”

Including postseason games, he’s been sacked 406 times, more than any quarterback in the last 10 years. It was something he could absorb when he was younger, but at 31, they know he’s not bouncing up as quickly as in the past.

“He’s the toughest quarterback in the league but after a while, obviously you get sick of that,” right tackle Marcus Gilbert said. “Any of us would. He’s trying to get the job done and he feels pressure every time or gets hit with shots to the leg or to the head. We have to take more pride in it. Whether it’s change up the scheme or just get better with the line — and the injuries aren’t helping. . . .

“It stinks to see him come in the next day limping around, barely walking. You got to be better, you have to take pride in that.”

Line problems have been a persistent issue, and it doesn’t help that right guard David DeCastro (ankle) hasn’t practiced this week. Left guard Ramon Foster (concussion) did, and the Steelers have to hope they can patch something together to keep Roethlisberger upright.

Okay so I said SHOW ME where he is taking more hits. You posted an article that isn't even a full season and is a PREDICTION.

Now, for the REAL story with stats.

Arians '07 - '11
BR7's sack numbers: 47, 46, 50, 32, 40 = 215

Haley '11 - Present
BR7's sack numbers: 30, 42, 33, 20 = 125

Boy, BR7 is going to have to get sacked a metric crap ton this season to catch up to Arians' 5 year mark.

Any questions?

Yak 2, Crash 0

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:42 am

And Arians is cutting people for parking in the wrong parking spot? Hmm.....

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:43 am

So now watch, everyone, how Crash will dodge all the points I made and will go on some random tangent. Seems his new buzz word this time around is "agenda".

My "agenda" is to get another point and go up 3 to 0 on Crash and turned him into crushed.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 8:27 am

I'm sorry. What was this thread about again? Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 1797695198
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:23 am

jak341 wrote:
I'm sorry. What was this thread about again? Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 1797695198

Thread is about two morons, Bruce and his wife, about how they are complaining about what ultimately led to Bruce getting a head coaching job.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:38 am

Crash wrote:
By the way Mr. Football, you claim Ben is finally getting his due?  

The current NFL Top 100 List, by those expert pundits you keep blowing, think Carson Palmer being coached by Bruce Arians, is a better football player than Ben Roethlisberger who is being coached by Savior Todd Haley.  

Stick that in your agenda pipe and smoke it.

How embarrassing, for the organization, for Art Rooney II, and for Roethlisberger himself.  

Like I said, they took Ben's career and legacy and flushed it right down the shitter.  

That's funny stuff, even though you're trying to be serious here. So you found a meaningless list from one particular source to try to support your failed argument? So you agree with all the positions on the NFL Top 100? Cam Newton is the top player? Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 3562723908

I'm not much for smoking, but one thing I'm enjoying is smoking the sweet beating I'm laying on you here. The problem you're having is that your entire position is wrapped around this hatred of Haley and your love fest of Arians. The conspiracies and ideas that Ben is suffering under this offense is in your mind only.

But in response to your "agenda"  comment, the only agenda I have is to enjoy watching the Steelers and root for them to kick ass each week. That's it. Do I think Ben is a much better QB under Haley? Yes. Why? Because he's taking less hits, less sacks, he's more accurate, throws for more yards and the offense is carrying the team (unlike the defense carrying Arians for 5 years). So my opinion is based on facts, not a personal hatred of any individual, nor a blind support of another individual. You talk about how we should open our eyes and watch the film with this high handed attitude that you're in a more knowledgeable position. Unfortunately, your love of Arians and hatred for Haley has you watching film with a huge bias. Why is it that you're the only one on all the boards you belong to that feels the way you do. Everyone else attempts to help you see reality for what it is, but you treat them with contempt. I'm sure you'll go on thinking everyone else is wrong but you.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 10:43 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :
Measuring games missed as a reflection of the protection built into the offense is kinda like including garbage time stats. He was sacked and hit far more under Arians than he has been under Haley.

November 1st 2013, he was on pace to be sacked 59 times.  An all time high.  

Guess who the offensive coordinator was?  

Hint, it wasn't Bruce Arians.  

And yet he wasn't sacked 59 times. He has yet to be sacked the 50 times that reflects the high water mark of his career .... suffered under Bruce Arians. I've already supplied you with the sack percentage under both OCs that shows as a percent of pass plays the number of sacks taken. It's better under Haley. But keep pounding your head on this failed idea of your's that Ben is taking much worse punishment under Haley than he suffered under BA. You're alone in that thought here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next