Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”

Go down 
+23
SteelersNorth
vasteeler
SteelersYak
Hawaii 5-0
fer69
JPPT1974
FanSince72
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu
IowaSteeler927
EbonySteel86
marvology
Rhyno
solardave
El-Gonzo Jackson
harrison'samonster
Stryker
kirklandrules
Fire Arians
effyou515
dave n'at
Atlanta Dan
muncher
Wallace108
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:17 pm

I have created a new thread that can be used to discuss anti-Haley and anti-LeBeau ideas. Please use this thread when discussing that topic going forward.

Let's get back to the original topic of this thread.

Arians and his wife should just shut their yappers and move on with life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:25 pm

Quote :
And LeBeau happens to be in the HOF.

As a player, not a coach. NO coaches have ever been voted in as an assistant.

I gather that may change if Buddy Ryan's passing spurs the movemenet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Quote :
And yet it was LeBeau's defense that spotted the offense 7 points when Harrison made the best play in SB history.

Do you know what spotting points even means? It's when you give something to someone before a contest even begins.

And the offense, spotted LeBeau's defense three points before the defense saw one blade of grass. That opening quarter was typical. Offense controls the ball, the defense gets "stats" drinking Gatorade.

Make an effort. Get the basics right.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:18 am

So we can all move on let's describe Crash's defense to his made up world of being right:

1. If/when they do things my way it works all the time, when they do it Haley's way they suck.
2. You're taking it out of context
2a. His comments
2b. The article you posted
2c. The stats you're using to deflate his argument
2d. His other comments
3. Arians is a master OC and Haley sucks

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 512807920 move along, there's nothing to see here, unless you enjoy the 2nd version of Crash's trainwreck.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 11:50 am

Crash wrote:
Quote :
And yet it was LeBeau's defense that spotted the offense 7 points when Harrison made the best play in SB history.

Do you know what spotting points even means?  It's when you give something to someone before a contest even begins.

And the offense, spotted LeBeau's defense three points before the defense saw one blade of grass.  That opening quarter was typical.  Offense controls the ball, the defense gets "stats" drinking Gatorade.    

Make an effort.  Get the basics right.    

You haven't played sports before, so let me school you. Yes, spotting points often occurs prior to the start of a contest. However, you can spot points at any time. Spotting points is nothing more than giving points that aren't earned. For instance, in a lopsided contest, one participant can spot points to another in order to even the match at a given time of the contest. Example: LeBeau's defense spotted Arians' offense 7 points at the close of the 1st half of Super Bowl XLIII when James Harrison made the greatest play in Super Bowl history. Arians was handed 7 unearned points. His offense could only score 20 points against the 19th ranked defense. Thankfully, LeBeau's defense made up the difference. Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2893009358
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Quote :
His offense could only score 20 points against the 19th ranked defense. Thankfully, LeBeau's defense made up the difference.

Why didn't Gary Russell's TD make up the difference then? That TD put them up 10-0. If he fumbles, or they kick a FG, and Cards still score like they did on their next drive, we are losing 7-3 or 7-6.

Because all you're worried about, is Grampa's Legacy.

Which is what put this team in the position it's been in for four years.

Remember kids, I said the MINUTE Todd Haley was hired, that LeBeau was on borrowed time, that he would FINALLY get the heat he should have all along.

And that's exactly what happened.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 7:47 pm

Crash wrote:

Remember kids, I said the MINUTE Todd Haley was hired, that LeBeau was on borrowed time, that he would FINALLY get the heat he should have all along.  

Source? Or I go up 9-0

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 7:50 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Crash wrote:

Source?  Or I go up 9-0

9-0 this you imbecile.  Look at the date.  

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 Carnac10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 7:54 pm

Crash wrote:
SteelersYak wrote:
Crash wrote:

Source?  Or I go up 9-0

9-0 this you imbecile.  Look at the date.  

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 Carnac10

I will. Ready? Don't avoid me you dense ignoramus.

Crash wrote:

Your post was from June. The 6th month of the year.

Here's this from Steelers.com:
Biography

Todd Haley
Offensive Coordinator
Todd Haley is in his fourth season as the Steelers’ offensive coordinator, after being hired on February 7, 2012. Haley is in his 21st season in the NFL and his 19thas a coach.

February is the 2nd month.

But wait.... you said you told everyone THE MINUTE Haley was hired you told everyone that LeBeau was the scapegoat.

I dunno if you learned this in school, but June is after February and there are a lot of minutes in between those months.

Yak 9, Crash 0 (if he was able to keep up with that)

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Before he coached a game I said that. I was right.

LeBeau's defense blew 13 fourth quarter leads in 38 games after Ben Roethlisberger was thrown in Art II's Haley State Penn.

And then LeBeau was thrown out on his ass.

Streak this....You're a 30 year old kid. Too young to appreciate what Ben actually brought to this team prior to 2012 because you aren't old enough to remember when Bradshaw retired. Hell you were born AFTER he retired.

That makes you unqualified to discuss this team with people who lived through both era's.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:06 pm

Crash wrote:
Before he coached a game I said that.  I was right.  

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2672159185 Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2672159185 Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2672159185
No, no, no. You said THE MINUTE. I just proved the point of how you argue. You move the goal posts when you know you are caught. Yak 11, Crash 0.

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 pm

SteelersYak wrote:
Crash wrote:
Before he coached a game I said that.  I was right.  

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2672159185 Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2672159185 Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 2672159185
No, no, no.  You said THE MINUTE.  I just proved the point of how you argue.  You move the goal posts when you know you are caught.  Yak 11, Crash 0.

Caught where? LeBeau was fired. I was right. Dejan Kovacevic was right. This whole situation stunk from day one. An entitled sperm lotto winner hiring another entitled sperm lotto winner, and this team hasn't won shit since.

Took the modern day Terry Bradshaw and ruined him, because Art II wants to be a coach.

He should just fire Tomlin and take over.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Crash wrote:

Caught where?   

Read with a purpose Crash. You said "The MINUTE" Haley was hired that LeBeau was going to be the scapegoat.

Haley was hired in February. You posted that in June. That is NOT the MINUTE Haley got hired.

You lied. You were caught. You lose.

Yak 11, Crash 0.

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 12:09 am

Crash wrote:
The LESSER Todd Haley is involved, the BETTER the offense works.

kirklandrules wrote:
Unfortunately, you're pretty much the only person that feels this way.

KABOLY: Haley holding Ben back in no huddle? Someone thinks so

November 5th, 2013

You can easily say that Charlie Batch was responsible for the last important Steelers’ victory.

Batch went into Baltimore the first week of December last year and beat the Ravens to push the Steelers record to 7-5. Since then, the Steelers are 3-9 with wins over Cleveland last year when they were already eliminated for the playoffs and back-to-back victories over the Jets and Ravens after a 0-4 start this year.

Batch is out of football now, but is quickly making a name for himself as an up-and-coming NFL analyst and color commentator for high school football on both television and radio.

I caught up with Batch on Monday during my radio show on TribLive (you can listen to the entire show/interview here “The Mark Kaboly Show” and he had plenty to say and especially about Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger when it comes to running the no huddle offense.

Part of my film session article in today’s Trib was dedicated to the amount of time and the success Roethlisberger had with the no huddle offense in the 55-31 loss to the Patriots* on Sunday.

Roethlisberger used the no huddle over the final nine series to great success.

Roethlisberger ran 33 plays out of the no huddle and went 16 of 27 for 217 yards with a pair of touchdowns and an interception. Roethlisberger also called four running plays that resulted in 43 yards. All 31 of the Steelers points were scored during drives that the no huddle was used

So the final stat line was: 260 yards and two touchdowns on 33 plays when Roethlisberger called the plays and 219 yards and two touchdowns on 40 plays when Haley called the plays.

With so much success, it makes you wonder why Roethlisberger doesn’t call the plays more.

Batch had a theory.

“If Ben is calling the plays and the plays are working, what is this position of the offensive coordinator?” Batch said. “He isn’t going to get any credit for it because he didn’t call those plays. There is always going to be a clash at the top of who is going to call the plays and when things are working you would love to be the offensive coordinator saying that I called every single play and we went for over 500 yards so my offense is working. I don’t think the rift between Todd and Ben is totally gone.”

Batch said that the playbook is virtually wide open when Roethlisberger goes to the no huddle.

“He would probably have at least 75 percent of the plays … and you can take the whole package and do what you want to do with it,” Batch said. “Ben is capable of flipping formations so that gives you more plays to call. That is something he is comfortable with and I know for a fact that he is comfortable with it. Todd sometimes holds him back because Todd doesn’t necessarily want to change the pace of the game at that point.”

Batch had plenty more insight on the Steelers and a very forthcoming and passionate feeling on the bullying that’s now made it’s way into the NFL.

Watch does Batch know?  He only spent a year in the same meeting/film room with BOTH Ben and Chubbs Peterson.  

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 09, 2016 1:55 am

You avoided me. Another point.

Yak 12, Crash 0.

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 9:10 am

Damn, missed the fun!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 9:31 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Damn, missed the fun!

You did. But, have no fear, we won't willingly allow Mrs. Arians back on the board to spread her hatred and contempt for Haley and LeBeau any time soon.

Prior to the crude interruption, I think the general consensus was that Arians and his wife need to move on and not worry about Pittsburgh so much.  By sticking to a passed, perceived injustice and spending time vocalizing their contempt of that old situation, they are moved to a position that is viewed as negative ... and they lose friendships, admiration and respect as most people generally dislike negative people. As witnessed on this board in the last week, the inability to move on in one's life is a very debilitating character trait.

Now I've lost track of who I was talking about, BA or Crash (aka: Mrs. Arians). confused
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 11:57 am

The Cardinals head coach has been gone from Pittsburgh for several years now. Why do fans feel talking about a former coach who is never going to return here relevant?

Dick LeBeau, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Mularkey, Russ Grimm are as irrelevant to the Steelers as the Cardinals head coach. Time to move on folks.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 12:07 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The Cardinals head coach has been gone from Pittsburgh for several years now.  Why do fans feel talking about a former coach who is never going to return here relevant?

Dick LeBeau, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Mularkey, Russ Grimm are as irrelevant to the Steelers as the Cardinals head coach.  Time to move on folks.

Agreed - interesting that Arians cannot move on - I do not recall Whisenhunt spending years bad mouthing the Steelers after Tomlin rather than Whisenhunt got the Steelers HC job after Cowher left

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
The Cardinals head coach has been gone from Pittsburgh for several years now.  Why do fans feel talking about a former coach who is never going to return here relevant?

Dick LeBeau, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Mularkey, Russ Grimm are as irrelevant to the Steelers as the Cardinals head coach.  Time to move on folks.

Agreed - interesting that Arians cannot move on - I do not recall Whisenhunt spending years bad mouthing the Steelers after Tomlin rather than Whisenhunt got the Steelers HC job after Cowher left

Right and I don't recall LeBeau saying anything about his release. It's a business,first and foremost. It applies to players and coaches alike. What bothers me about both Arains and his wife (Crash) is the after all I've done for you BS.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 2:08 pm

solardave wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

Right and I don't recall LeBeau saying anything about his release. It's a business,first and foremost. It applies to players and coaches alike. What bothers me about both Arains and his wife (Crash) is the after all I've done for you BS.

He thought that Butch Davis fired him over his support of Tim Couch as a QB. The story is here http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/10/bruce_arians_who_wanted_to_coa.html

Some people are only happy when they are unhappy and need to blame somebody when stuff goes wrong for them. Look at 75 year old Larry Brown resigning because SMU would not give him a long term contract. Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 3562723908
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2016 2:42 pm

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
He thought that Butch Davis fired him over his support of Tim Couch as a QB.  The story is here http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/10/bruce_arians_who_wanted_to_coa.html

Some people are only happy when they are unhappy and need to blame somebody when stuff goes wrong for them.  Look at 75 year old Larry Brown resigning because SMU would not give him a long term contract. Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 3562723908  

Arians has a history of blaming everyone but himself.

“Our head coach lost the game,” Arians said.  “He called off the dogs on defense.  You just don’t let Tommy Maddox sit there and go against a prevent defense.  He basically fired [defensive coordinator] Foge Fazio at halftime.  Foge was blitzing.  We had them beat. They knew we had them beat.”

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 7:05 am

SteelersYak wrote:
You avoided me.  Another point.

Yak 12, Crash 0.

I'm going to admit, I do kind of miss Crash, because watching you bitch slap him around was quite entertaining! Ben LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
ChubbsPeterson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 8:47 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Yeah, asking professional players to work in a position that isn't their specialty is less than desirable. That's almost as stupid as having a TE in the backfield acting as a FB and trying to block a blitzing Pro Bowl linebacker in the Super Bowl. All because the OC doesn't think FBs are necessary. Yikes!!! affraid

Psssssst.....who wears #82 on the Steelers this season and lined up in the backfield acting as a fullback and tried to block Terrell Suggs on Sunday?

Bruce Arians isn't here anymore.

Haley doesn't have a FB either. He has a tight end, and a guy who played defense in college doing it.

Yikes!!!

PS....I love archives. Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 1372836603
Back to top Go down
ChubbsPeterson
Banned

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
“Our head coach lost the game,” Arians said.  “He called off the dogs on defense.  You just don’t let Tommy Maddox sit there and go against a prevent defense.  He basically fired [defensive coordinator] Foge Fazio at halftime.  Foge was blitzing.  We had them beat. They knew we had them beat.”

Butch Davis, the same Butch Davis who didn't want Ben 2 years later and then got fired?  

While Arians has continued coaching in the NFL?  

So who was right?  Arians was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”   Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement” - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bruce Arians opens up about his Steelers “retirement”
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next