Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGay, Mitchell, Golden released. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
solardave

solardave

Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. Empty
PostSubject: Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.   Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 3:50 am

We knew about Gay. Mitchell and Golden also released.

http://www.steelers.com/news/transactions/article-4/Steelers-release-three-veterans/4cf51e65-3146-423d-a4dd-45bc2f10f90e

What I don't understand is why they didn't release Wilcox instead of Golden.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.   Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 5:15 am

Good riddance to Mike Mitchell in particular. I think he lost a step over the past two seasons and his only calling card was big hits which turned into more of a liability than an asset in my book. Not sad to see him go, especially with the way he was running his mouth going into the playoffs against the Jagoffs. Thanks for giving them that extra motivation Mike!

Golden never really proved to be more than a backup at best. Had a lot of playing time with injuries, and occasionally he'd flash some talent but he's a career backup in this league. As for Gay, the best of the bunch, I am sad to see him go. Gay is a very humble guy, and was all class during his time in Pittsburgh. Wouldn't mind seeing him coach in some capacity. Smart player, that gave a lot to this team and kept his mouth shut despite some clowns in our fanbase who hated him for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.   Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 6:32 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Good riddance to Mike Mitchell in particular. I think he lost a step over the past two seasons and his only calling card was big hits which turned into more of a liability than an asset in my book. Not sad to see him go, especially with the way he was running his mouth going into the playoffs against the Jagoffs. Thanks for giving them that extra motivation Mike!

Golden never really proved to be more than a backup at best. Had a lot of playing time with injuries, and occasionally he'd flash some talent but he's a career backup in this league. As for Gay, the best of the bunch, I am sad to see him go. Gay is a very humble guy, and was all class during his time in Pittsburgh. Wouldn't mind seeing him coach in some capacity. Smart player, that gave a lot to this team and kept his mouth shut despite some clowns in our fanbase who hated him for no reason.

I agree with you as far as Mitchell and Gay. Golden (if for no other reason he is 1/1 with 1 TD) IMO is still better than Wilcox, who by the way makes bonehead plays like Mitchell on STs.
Sorry to see Father time catch up with Will Gay. I always saw him as a dependable journeyman and a leader.
As far as Mitchell I say I don't even care if the door hits you in the ass on the way out.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.   Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 am

Golden was a surprise. Considering what Wilcox cost was and both seemed to be at about th same play level...
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.   Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. EmptyThu Mar 15, 2018 12:54 pm

I think Wilcox is a better talent and will have a better year this year. just imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.   Gay, Mitchell, Golden released. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gay, Mitchell, Golden released.
Page 1 of 1